Crystal Palace v AFC Bournemouth

Ake was a loan...Yes we got lucky with that one. Chelsea tend to loan out large numbers so someone will get lucky eventually! Atsu didnt work out though....hardly played one game did he ? And Clyne is not up to the hype is he ?
Not sure if you are being serious about loans ....for every failure in or out I think you could name a positive one,we have had many over the years good and bad.

Just glad season is over, been quite depressing tbh considering we stayed up.
Some really dog defending today as per, Clyne (2nd goal) back to Liverpool useless, Simpson (1st) & Cook in particular who looks uncomfortable without Ake next to him. Alot of players slipping aswell summed it up. Please make that the last game Ake plays in CM he's obviously uncomfortable aswell and our best CB. A big window for EH, I do think we will lose 1 or 2 and he's going to have to get the replacements correct because his track record on transfers has been more dross than good. Hopefully he can get rid of alot of this dross in the squad and get a few young uns out on a decent loan (Simpson, Travers, Mousset) as they really need it. As it stands we're slowly doing what Swansea did, going down few places each season and then eventually it catches you.
Well done for pointing out the 5 games we showed up in. I could list 20 we didn't turn up in. 7-1 Burnley agg, all those 2-0's at newcastle, leicester, cardiff, wolves, everton and fulham saints hom etc and that's not even bringing up the top 6.

My original reply was really in response to your opening line.....feeling depressed and glad the season is over.....well if you have followed this club for any amount of time, and feel like this after the season we have just had,......you must have had an awful lot of depressing summers to cope with..:cautious:

Some historically good loans for us off the top of my head:
- Andrew Surman (Twice)
- Charlie Daniels
- Steve Cook
- Artur Boruc
- Nathan Ake
- Adam Smith
- Kenwyne Jones
- Jermaine Defoe

Football was perfectly ok before loans.....each club has its own players.
A thing called Transfers operated...why complicate it...they are our players or they are not!
Defoe is still being partially paid by us. ..and scoring for Rangers!
His value isnt going to rise any more at this stage of his career!
Thats the sort of thing that grips my sh#t but the Mings loan is the one fuelling my ire the most!
I think it works better for Div 1 and 2 clubs.
However...i'm not cutting it with my view on it...so best I get back in my box!

No. Not my job to find one. ;) I’d never heard of Lerma either but glad we found him.
Thats good news for us and bad news for Steve McClaren then Neil....;)........Might be a tricky job tbf....what we are looking for apparently is a top notch defensive coach with PL experience who is currently unemployed due to no fault of his own .....mmmm like i said tricky...:D

Thats good news for us and bad news for Steve McClaren then Neil....;)........Might be a tricky job tbf....what we are looking for apparently is a top notch defensive coach with PL experience who is currently unemployed due to no fault of his own .....mmmm like i said tricky...:D

Is it? Thierry Henry worked wonders with various clubs attackers when he retired. Mings is saying that JT has opened his eyes to so many things. There will be a list of top class defenders in the UK and Europe retiring or want to do one more transitional play/coach this year. Go see who wants to impart knowledge.

Watching the highlights of that game Zaha was on top of his form as he was in the previous game away at Cardiff.

That run and flick over for Townsend to finish off for one.

Not sure why they had only scored 14 home goals in the previous 18 games.

Watching the highlights of that game Zaha was on top of his form as he was in the previous game away at Cardiff.

That run and flick over for Townsend to finish off for one.

Not sure why they had only scored 14 home goals in the previous 18 games.

It was horrible. It was a minute after he was visibility wound up with our "cry in a minute" chant, and we all thought he'd throw his toys out of the pram like at DC. Instead he picks it up, brushes Clyne aside like a fly, holds off a Lerma rugby tackle and nonchalantly flicks it to Townsend. Fair play, if you give it, you have to take it and he definitely had the last laugh yesterday. If he reacted like that every time he got given s**** he'd be back in a top 6 team by now.

Ive been trying analyse what the hell went so wrong on Sunday. All I can come up with....and I dont think im far off the mark...is that its a direct result of the fact we beat Spurs with a clean sheet and Complacency led to an unprofessional disregard for what people like Zaha and Townsend are capable of ! That was the 1st 35 minutes!
Eddie and Jason would have given a ' 15 minute boot camp' at HT leading into a level 2nd half...the '2-2 draw' we might have expected from the whole game !
After reading Roy Hodgsons ...and Steve Cooks assessments of the afternoon....it would seem thats a reasonable punt at what happened !
Wins and losses against top teams seem to linger in the minds of our players having varying effects in the next games!

;