Dan Gosling

Dan scored a winner in a Scouse derby ffs.

He scored our winner last time at Chelsea.
Several other big game winners.
Newcastle fans rated him....they are not too sure about Wilson and Fraser - both less than average quality for PL and proving it ! Gosling was about average in that league on his overall game !

Bailed us out of the sh*t on many occasions!
He was a class act in the History of Boscombe..don't care what anyone thinks.

He was 'class' today.. loyal to his club...as he was with us !
You his Dad?

Some 'interesting' comments from Gosling after the game..........Dan Gosling to the Echo - “I loved my time at the club, and I wanted to stay, but Watford came calling and it was a no brainer. What I saw today from Jeff (Lerma) and Jack (Wilshere) is the reason why Bournemouth will struggle. That attitude isn’t for me.” .............

How petty is that?......really trying hard to impress the Watford morons......they'll still call him sh1t after 5 games.
I believe it was on a fake account, according to others this morning. TBH I cant really see him having said that, if he did, well....

He has featured in all of them though. Dan was a good servant for us and has always played at a higher level than Pearson. Pearson has played 3 times for us I think it's a bit early to say what impact he will have but it isn't like he has been massively outstanding elsewhere and he isn't exactly an up and coming youngster.

Dan.

Enough is enough.

Just let it go and get on with your career.

We've all said our piece about Gosling, Surman, Wilson etc and those that remain at the club...but we will see how they all fare as the season progresses...and some of us will be proved wrong.. in as much as that is possible in this inexact science that football is.

He's probably on less than half of Gosling's wages and is a much stronger prospect given his age. Its an absolute no brainer to let Gosling go and sign Pearson.

I really like gozzo but would swap him for Pearson in effect. However Dan always got vital goals each season and we haven’t really replaced that with our midfield. Billing starting to chip in now at least.

Those of us that were pro Gosling for whatever reason..have now to shut up and move on I guess...if Pearson is the direct replacement as such then that's positive..younger players have to take over for a natural progression ..and this bloke seems more than adequate.

Those of us that were pro Gosling for whatever reason..have now to shut up and move on I guess...if Pearson is the direct replacement as such then that's positive..younger players have to take over for a natural progression ..and this bloke seems more than adequate.
More than adequate and also, from what I've seen so far, very happy to be here. He felt he needed a fresh start somewhere to add impetus to his career and his future chances of playing in the PL.
If he is happy to be here and sees this as a chance to make a bigger name for himself, then that is one player less whose motivation we need to worry about.
Gosling was always enthusiastic and was a great servant to this club.
The writing was however on the wall that his playing days with us were numbered, so it made sense all round for him to find another club prepared to offer him a new contract.

I really like gozzo but would swap him for Pearson in effect. However Dan always got vital goals each season and we haven’t really replaced that with our midfield. Billing starting to chip in now at least.

Someone sent me a link to the wages they are paid earlier. I've no idea of the accuracy but it seems logical enough....

Begovic - £73k
Lerma - £50k
Steve Cook - £43k
Smith - £38k
Gosling - £37k
Lewis Cook - £35k
Stanislas - £35k

When you look at this it was obvious Gosling would be let go. It almost certainly explains why Surman, Franno and Daniels were let go and if we don't go up all the rest of them will go too.

Someone sent me a link to the wages they are paid earlier. I've no idea of the accuracy but it seems logical enough....

Begovic - £73k
Lerma - £50k
Steve Cook - £43k
Smith - £38k
Gosling - £37k
Lewis Cook - £35k
Stanislas - £35k

When you look at this it was obvious Gosling would be let go. It almost certainly explains why Surman, Franno and Daniels were let go and if we don't go up all the rest of them will go too.

agreed. On footballing grounds it would have made sense to keep a couple of the old guard on to help a young squad but without matchday income it was a big cost to retain them

Agreed, I don't have anything against Gosling at all... In interviews before he left he spoke out (a bit) about certain players not doing enough, and I think we all saw what he thought of some of them when they came down here... 'Zero love lost' springs to mind...

I think he'll be even more of a bit-part player next season back in the PL though, and that is even if he is still required... Surely it's about time Watford replaced their manager?

;