Dan Gosling

You don’t see player coaches and managers much anymore do you. They used to be two a penny.
I suppose they all get the coaching badges now and feel ready for a full position straight away or maybe players are fitter so keep playing longer at a higher level so less inclined to do both roles. Great for clubs with a limited budget ….most of the EFL I expect!

I suppose they all get the coaching badges now and feel ready for a full position straight away or maybe players are fitter so keep playing longer at a higher level so less inclined to do both roles. Great for clubs with a limited budget ….most of the EFL I expect!

Plus less anxiety/urgency to get into coaching roles as you can usually rely on a mate to employ you in some capacity these days in the game... particularly if you played in a playoff final (in Cardiff) ;)

I see gosling was reportedly in talks with Watford re a new contract for the new season despite his exit last season.

Not heard anything since a June 8th update - Mark, any rumours?
Yes nothing much since but then we don’t seem to communicate very much tbh so wouldn’t be surprised if he just left without so much as a brief statement probably by him .

Seems they like the look of our old midfielders?

Last season Harry Arter
This season Dan Gosling
Next season? Marcondes
2024/25? Traore…..

;