David Brooks

that's the bigger picture given his lack of minutes and then helping wales qualify

if we need to ship someone out for ffp and he performs for them it could add a few ££ to his sale price

he can also help rothwell noble the slimy turd in training :poop:
I didn’t realise when we were beating them to send them down how many people were secretly gutted. Probably the same people that used to alternate between the games.

if they were secretly gutted, how was that brought to your attention?
everyone I spoke to was overtly delighted
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly.

Managed to rib a bloke wearing a Saints shirt in local Tesco the other day (think thats the 6th one I've spotted and 'teased' in this area since their relegation).

Ended up having a chat for a few mins about their current form, enjoying being strong club after years of grinding to survive in PL, Rothwell, strong 2nd tier this year etc.

He said as much as I probably dont like to hear it, Fraser has been their best player this season in his opinion. Doesnt surprise me tbh, anomisty aside, imagine he's perfect sort of quality player for decent championship side. Question marks over effectiveness in PL now imo, but certainly wouldn't rule him out if he can recapture form he had for that season or so he did very well for us.

Yeah atmosphere noticeably less 'hostike', bubbly wasn't it.

Take your medicine boys.

Petty to some... ? probably. But i enjoyed every f***ing minute. Particularly Adams VAR disallowed goal after they started clambering across the netting celebrating the potential equaliser. Only to see it over ruled after an agonising few minutes.

Of course tge same people scaling tge netting stsrted to sneak out, take between the legs.

Honestly, could have started crying as felt so sorry for them .
Oh I put that 2 minute period right up there with Fletch’s goal vs Grimsby, the Great Escape vs Shrewsbury, Bailey goal at Wembley….

If it means that Brooks gets back to the player he was before his illness, then it's all good. A loan to a club so close by makes sense, as the player does not need to uproot their life, and can just concentrate on the football.

No fan of the Saints and just an opinion, but the idea of us trying to dominate the area seems (1) a bit unnecessary and (2) unlikely given the relative histories of the two clubs. There's no reason why both clubs shouldn't be able to thrive together.

Our academy has only recently become Cat 2 (last summer I think) and the Saints is Cat 1 and has been for some time, which means they're still likely to have the pick of the best local talent for some time yet, albeit that the gap is closing.

There's no reason why both clubs shouldn't be able to thrive together.
While I agree that if both teams are in the prem, or the same league both can co-exist, there is no denying the impact of having Southampton in Division 1, and the Premier league for so many decades as we languished in the lower leagues. From youth recruitment to generations of Bournemouth based Southampton fans, we suffered while they benefitted

While I agree that if both teams are in the prem, or the same league both can co-exist, there is no denying the impact of having Southampton in Division 1, and the Premier league for so many decades as we languished in the lower leagues. From youth recruitment to generations of Bournemouth based Southampton fans, we suffered while they benefitted
It would have had some impact, no doubt, but was it a major reason for us languishing in the lower leagues? Difficult to know and difficult to prove either way.

I certainly remember there being a few more Saints fans than Bournemouth fans at school in the 80s and 90s, but way more Liverpool and Man Utd fans than for either south coast team.

I like the Iraola song, but it feels like trying to create a forced rivalry that 'he hates the scummers'. Perhaps it's just me.

We need to achieve our own potential, regardless of whatever is happening down the road.

Build up the academy and training ground so we don’t immediately lose players locally.

Build a stadium so we don’t immediately lose fans locally.
And as important, stay in the premier league.

Does anyone know if this loan has actually happened as there is no mention whatsoever in the current transfer "done deals" on the BBC's website.

Answering Zigger Zagger’s question: I don’t know but I expect it is dependent on Faivre’s medical. From what I know of him (left footed playing as an inverted winger for most of this season) he’s a straight replacement for Brooks.

Answering Zigger Zagger’s question: I don’t know but I expect it is dependent on Faivre’s medical. From what I know of him (left footed playing as an inverted winger for most of this season) he’s a straight replacement for Brooks.
why would faivre have a medical?

Reactions: DJ

;