David Brooks

Think what a number of AFCB fans didn’t like were people from our local area with no connection to Southampton, deciding to support a team that had got into a higher league and not their local club who at the time were in a lower league.

It makes you wonder as years have gone on and AFCB started to rise back up through the leagues, and reached the top league, how many have switched their allegiance back to their local club.

Their media team on the wind up...

Yep, any rivalry is definitely only manufactured by our own fans. That's also why their fans brought flares to the Vitality on their last big day out.

Always nice to know we're living rent free in their heads. :cup:

424521903_10160995778900767_6214930064036644471_n.jpg

Reactions: DJ
Sounds like we’re basically just sending him there to improve his match fitness then. Good !

AI will get a good look at him in preseason and hopefully he’ll be able to be more involved next season.

Sounds fair enough. Glad there’s no option to buy. That suggests that the club still wants him and that Brooksie is happy in principle to remain here.

I think many of us still feel as though we have yet to see the best of DB and I’d love to see his best being played in a Bournemouth shirt.

If he can somehow sabotage Southampton’s attempt to get promoted, even better.
Good luck agent DB7 !

Last edited:
Sh*t transfer window business . Brooks has been knocking on the first team door for weeks and is always on he subs bench , why we would get rid of a very important player for us makes no sense .. and to cap it all we loan him to another team ( rivalry or not ) from our catchment area is annoying in the extreme !!
Very poor decision from the club imho .

I can understand why they're so passive aggressive towards us as we relegated them and now we're helping them get promoted back to the PL. It shan't be forgotten.
Hope you do well Brooksy

For years Southampton fans asking ‘why do you support a little shit team like Bournemouth’ being mocked… does nobody get the concept of local rivalry on here?

I feel less and less in common with this forum by the week!

I didn’t realise when we were beating them to send them down how many people were secretly gutted. Probably the same people that used to alternate between the games.

Well, not for me. They’re scum and always will be.
Back in the 60s i used to go and see them play to see the great players around England, I never supported them or disliked them. My team was Boscombe. but we played at home alternate weeks, most weeks i watched our reserves when we played away or I would hitch hike around the country following the first team.
If you want to have a go at anyone for going up the road to a team you hate maybe it should be Brooks. the little scumbag, but I don't think you will. :yes:

Sh*t transfer window business . Brooks has been knocking on the first team door for weeks and is always on he subs bench , why we would get rid of a very important player for us makes no sense .. and to cap it all we loan him to another team ( rivalry or not ) from our catchment area is annoying in the extreme !!
Very poor decision from the club imho .
Brooks said he wanted to play football and not sit on the bench because he knew we have better players that fit AI vision of football. I believe the club listened to him and gave him his wish.

Back in the 60s i used to go and see them play to see the great players around England, I never supported them or disliked them. My team was Boscombe. but we played at home alternate weeks, most weeks i watched our reserves when we played away or I would hitch hike around the country following the first team.
If you want to have a go at anyone for going up the road to a team you hate maybe it should be Brooks. the little scumbag, but I don't think you will. :yes:
Scummer scummer...:LOL:

Brooks said he wanted to play football and not sit on the bench because he knew we have better players that fit AI vision of football. I believe the club listened to him and gave him his wish.
Why . He’s a Bournemouth player that gets paid 10s of thousands per week . It’s not for Brooks to get his “ wish “ it’s for him to fight for a place , if he’s not good enough to be first on the team sheet he should accept being a squad player..club before player always .

Why . He’s a Bournemouth player that gets paid 10s of thousands per week . It’s not for Brooks to get his “ wish “ it’s for him to fight for a place , if he’s not good enough to be first on the team sheet he should accept being a squad player..club before player always .
He said he would prefer not being on the bench and wanted to play football,

So why are you blaming the club ?

He said he would prefer not being on the bench and wanted to play football,

So why are you blaming the club ?
Eerrrr because it’s not up to the player to decide if they’re on the bench or not ..I’m pretty certain every player all the way down to the youth team would like to be playing every week .

Eerrrr because it’s not up to the player to decide if they’re on the bench or not ..I’m pretty certain every player all the way down to the youth team would like to be playing every week .
But he was having a good moan about it. Thats why the loan rumours came out.

In the slightly longer term, Brooks will come back in the summer closer to being ready to contribute to AFCB than if he had stayed. That benefits the club.

;