David Brooks

I don’t mind Saints at all, quite like to see them doing well as long as it’s not at our expense. Most Saints fans I’ve met in my time feel the same way about us, they are mostly decent people who just enjoy supporting their local team. This whole forced rivalry thing I find very cringeworthy and don’t really understand it tbh.

What’s cringeworthy is they constantly repeat they don’t care about us and yet have actually taken the time and effort to sing about it at games. They have numerous songs that mention us , even though they don’t care.

We can’t even be bothered to come up with songs for some of our own players who will go down in history at this club.

Truth is they do care, it pains them that we’re even at the same level as them, let alone the league above. The more they care the more they protest.

Personally couldn’t care less whether they care or not, as I’ve said on the other thread my feelings don’t need to be weirdly validated by them.

I don't think they have any songs that mention AFCB do they?

I don't know why people care so much about what they think. They are a football non-entity same as we are. Sure they have a bigger fan base and marginally less underwhelming history but they are not worth having an inferiority complex about, which appears to be what half our support have.

What’s cringeworthy is they constantly repeat they don’t care about us and yet have actually taken the time and effort to sing about it at games. They have numerous songs that mention us , even though they don’t care.

We can’t even be bothered to come up with songs for some of our own players who will go down in history at this club.

Truth is they do care, it pains them that we’re even at the same level as them, let alone the league above. The more they care the more they protest.

Personally couldn’t care less whether they care or not, as I’ve said on the other thread my feelings don’t need to be weirdly validated by them.
Yes, why don't all our greatest players have songs? To me, that's more of an issue. Don't care about Saints. They have better shopping, more affordable housing and currently a bigger stadium. That's it. Poor b@ggers. Life is better here I think.

I don't know why people care so much about what they think. They are a football non-entity same as we are. Sure they have a bigger fan base and marginally less underwhelming history but they are not worth having an inferiority complex about, which appears to be what half our support have.
Most of their aggression is directed at Pompy I think. I think they also hate Leicester for obvious result reasons.

Greatest hits include “one south coast derby, there’s only one south coast derby”

“we’re Southampton, we don’t care about you”

I’m sure there were other gems but I can’t remember them, but look, it’s not like this is a hatred that runs that deep. I don’t look up their results purposely or anything like that, but will smirk when I eventually stumble upon them and they’ve lost. So I’m pretty blase about them. But if there was a club I had to choose to lose one weekend, it would be them.

And I only call them scummers because it winds them up so much because they seem to have some weird exclusivity obsession with Portsmouth about it.

One of the daftest things I've ever observed in Football is having ' songs for or about players'....
...why ? What is the f√cking point...for a start they are paid to do a job..and more often than not they bugger off to a bigger club !
. ...When Peter the 'Postperson' pops a postcard through my letterbox... I don't f√cking chase him up the road going.. " oh Peter Peter we love you...we love you for what you do..."....and he ain't sliding onto his knees on the grass verge at the corner slapping his Post Office badge ..dear me No Batman !

Yeah, maybe Rothwell has not attachment to tinpot cherries, but Brooksy? the club stood by him during his terrible health scare. I'm sure he has a soft spot for the staff here
Brooksy : yup the club and fans stood by him through his illness..but he still went up to them there Scumsurfers didn' er ? ,.yup he did ya see Popeye ..he did as like !
He will probably be there next season in the PL.

Short of getting Cap'n Pugwash onto the Recruiting team . to Press Gang a loyal and consistent squad .I'm on Old Harry Rock in my head watching all the 'wtf fish'... swim around in my grey matter !
What was becoming a Good Season has had the rug pulled dramatically from under it.

Boscombe flirting with Doom.. as it does !

Last edited:
One of the daftest things I've ever observed in Football is having ' songs for or about players'....
...why ? What is the f√cking point...for a start they are paid to do a job..and more often than not they bugger off to a bigger club !
. ...When Peter the 'Postperson' pops a postcard through my letterbox... I don't f√cking chase him up the road going.. " oh Peter Peter we love you...we love you for what you do..."....and he ain't sliding onto his knees on the grass verge at the corner slapping his Post Office badge ..dear me No Batman !

Brooksy : yup the club and fans stood by him through his illness..but he still went up to them there Scumsurfers didn' er ? ,.yup he did ya see Popeye ..he did as like !
He will probably be there next season in the PL.

Short of getting Cap'n Pugwash onto the Recruiting team . to Press Gang a loyal and consistent squad .I'm on Old Harry Rock in my head watching all the 'wtf fish'... swim around in my grey matter !
What was becoming a Good Season has had the rug pulled dramatically from under it.

Boscombe flirting with Doom.. as it does !
I think Peter the postman putting one through your box is not quite the same as Dom getting a hat trick.
I think songs about players are fine. Not sure about posters having their own thread though.

Off subject again I think DJ.

Greatest hits include “one south coast derby, there’s only one south coast derby”

“we’re Southampton, we don’t care about you”

I’m sure there were other gems but I can’t remember them, but look, it’s not like this is a hatred that runs that deep. I don’t look up their results purposely or anything like that, but will smirk when I eventually stumble upon them and they’ve lost. So I’m pretty blase about them. But if there was a club I had to choose to lose one weekend, it would be them.

And I only call them scummers because it winds them up so much because they seem to have some weird exclusivity obsession with Portsmouth about it.

I think I probably have a very similar opinion to you about them.

Personally I wouldn't regard those as songs about AFCB any more than any other song you'd sing about the opposition you happen to be facing... "Rochdale's a shithole, I wanna go home" is hardly a sign of deep seated hatred. Both of those songs are just wind ups and I very much doubt AFCB makes an appearance in any of their songs when they aren't playing us.

The "one south coast derby" song is one of the lamest songs I've heard tbf though.

I think Peter the postman putting one through your box is not quite the same as Dom getting a hat trick.
I think songs about players are fine. Not sure about posters having their own thread though.

Off subject again I think DJ.
I agree posters shouldn't have their own Thread ...it's daft and encourages even more crap !

Their enough specific subject threads for folk to comment on.
You can ignore anyone's content and scroll away from it. Simple.

Anyway you go make up a song about Dom...when some say it's imminent he will be away somewhere else in the summer.

I can't show my feelings about Brooks going to the Scumsurfers....without you giving me sh*t...but it's ok for others to...is that the f√cking drill ?
Because I have a certain reputation for mirth and nonsense ..that shouldn't affect ALL my f√cking posts..some are on the Money.
In fact a lot are on f√cking MONEY.
It might run out someday....propelling me into Forum Legend status....for my warnings haha!

Anyways .Who ..or what the f√ck do you think you are giving me grief !

Last edited:
I agree posters shouldn't have their own Thread ...it's daft and encourages even more crap !

Their enough specific subject threads for folk to comment on.
You can ignore anyone's content and scroll away from it. Simple.

Anyway you go make up a song about Dom...when some say it's imminent he will be away somewhere else in the summer.

I can't show my feelings about Brooks going to the Scumsurfers....without you giving me sh*t...but it's ok for others to...is that the f√cking drill ?
Because I have a certain reputation for mirth and nonsense ..that shouldn't affect ALL my f√cking posts..some are on the Money.
In fact a lot are on f√cking MONEY.
It might run out someday....propelling me into Forum Legend status....for my warnings haha!

Anyways .Who ..or what the f√ck do you think you are giving me grief !
I was interested in the postman and your box….that’s all popeye.

I was interested in the postman and your box….that’s all popeye.
And moaning to DJ about me being 'off subject' again....when tbh and tbf......I wasn't off subject on that occasion.
I don't want to get into a prolonged argument saga with that because I do go off on tangents. So .. Sorry if what I said in response to you was a bit harsh.

Last edited:

;