David Brooks

This is one of the most thoughtful posts there...we'll be having similar discussions in the future.

"And that's how it works. DB will be very rich but, as money increases, so lifestyle expands - cars, houses, birds etc. Brooks will win nothing at Bournemouth, he'll look enviously at players playing in front of 50, 60, 70 thousand fans, earning far more than he does at present and will move to a truly 'big' club. And the Bournemouth fans will say 'Why did we sell him?', 'Couldn't we have held onto him?' and 'We gave him away'..."

I don’t think we will.

I think there are enough posts on here already to suggest that we just appreciate having him for however long it lasts.

He’s going to be something special, we get the entertainment whilst he stays and then we’ll do some very good business on him.

That’s football.

I actually think, if he stays here for a couple of seasons and gets a move to one of the absolute best teams, I don't think we will be asking if we could have kept him. I think we all realise we will be lucky to have been here in the first place and wish him well.

I spotted one sarcastic post about him playing in front of a 10k crowd....kind of missing the point and also forgetting we play away every other week!

If he really does kick on and we sell to Manchester Anyone, Liverpool, or one of the Spanish two then that would enhance us as a club. Southampton were selling to a poor Liverpool team, if we are not selling real assets to direct rivals (WHU, Everton, Leics) then it only enhances our position as belonging here

I think Brooks is perfect for the Spanish league and will become world class there.

BTW wy are brits so interested in birds. Why not dogs or cats or normal pets?

/s

Brooks has 18 months here at best. If he carries on next season like this... we'll be looking on with envious eyes when goes, but the clubs coffers will be a lot better off for it...

He wont go for less than £50m

Dogs -easy to keep as they are tame, mostly too stupid to live away
Cats - easy to keep as whilst not tame they like being warm
Birds - they can fly wherever they like, yo keep a bird you're doing well it must actually like you
Dogs too stupid? Never heard of a sniffer cat or guide cat. Cats are far too stupid to be trained and their only contribution is the killing of millions of birds each year.

It’s interesting that a lot of the blades think he wouldn’t have been a first team starter for them yet he’s a perfect fit for us on account of our style of play , most seem fairly happy with 12mill and a sell on clause .

Sad as it might be......not a chance in Hell, runner up possibly....

No...it will be from the Champions or Spurs/Man U. Nailed on.
Delighted if i've got that wrong....which I often do!

Haha yes that’s why I added the sarcasm /s

I think that term is hilarious whenever I hear it in movies.

You might be interested in this or you may already know.

• As early as 1300, bird was used for ‘girl’, but this was probably owing to confusion with another similar middle English word, burde, which also meant ‘young woman’. The usage crops up from time to time in later centuries, clearly as an independent metaphorical application, but there does not really seem to be an unbroken chain of occurrences leading up to the sudden explosion in the use of bird for ‘young woman’ in the 20th century.
    (www.dictionarycentral.com)
https://english.stackexchange.com/q...-the-origin-of-breng-bird-meaning-young-woman

;