David Brooks

Brooks is currently at that early stage where it looks like he could be a huge player but there's also a chance he could stagnate, end up getting perpetually injured a la Jack Wilshire, develop off-field problems that ruin his game, etc.
He's only been impressing on the national stage now for a little over half a season. If he maintains these levels for another season or more that will massively increase his value as teams will know they're getting the real deal and will have to shell out accordingly.

Agree the toils of a EPL player are tough. Give him enough time to recover his injury and lets see if he can last a season without another injury.

I get the sense these young players understand what is happening at the club and see what the plan is, and that's a big part of the reason they join in the first place, along with Eddie's influence. There are plenty of clubs with bigger stadiums and richer top flight history that he could have joined, but being part of our future is something really appealing.

Callum is almost 27, and has probably only got one chance to go and play at a higher level, so that's a transfer that I can see happening - and if we can get £50m+ for him then it'd be hard to argue with £47m profit, although I would want this to happen early in the summer. But I can't see Brooks wanting to move on in the immediate future while he has so much going for him and most of his career ahead, let alone the club voluntarily letting him go.

So on the bench but no used last night. I think if it had stayed at 2-1 till last 30 mins we would have seen him on, but as we were being roundly thrashed by that point did Eddie decide not to risk him for Saturday?

Must have been fit to play to be included in subs.

Definitely a sub to be used only if necessary. obviously not 100%. Suspect he may be on the bench again Saturday - not worth risking him IMO if not 100%.

I was out on a stroll last week and I think I stumbled across his house - it looked very footballery, and he had a footballers-type car with BROOKS on the number plate

It has a little pitch with goals on the lawn...and Sweet Caroline blaring out of speakers......and if it IS Brooksys house you will see Fergie hiding in a bush in May with a bottle of Red , munching Macaroons!

Brooks was never going to get on the pitch last night. When warming up I noticed that he didn’t have match socks on. He was just padding the bench out and Eddie was playing smoke and mirrors.

;