David Brooks

Great news!

Meanwhile, Ibe only has 12 months left on his deal come the summer. I wonder what will happen there as I can't see us letting him run it down and leave for nothing. His first season was awful, last season he was pretty good but this season he has mostly been like in the first season. Tricky one.

I have looked at his video and read this link but have I missed how long its for as don't seem to see it.

They've obviously made a deliberate decision to obfuscate that which seems silly as anyone that needs to know can easily find out from his agent. The only people it hides it from are the fans.

Or maybe not if it's on the video or something. Seems a bit weird not to mention it in the article!

...positive moves to secure our best players are very welcome. If clubs come calling we want to be in the best possible bargaining place.

Obviously contracts don't mean too much these days but at least it would mean any transfer fee would surely become higher now. I do think he's a sensible young lad and will be quite happy to build his career here for a while longer yet.

They've obviously made a deliberate decision to obfuscate that which seems silly as anyone that needs to know can easily find out from his agent. The only people it hides it from are the fans.

Or maybe not if it's on the video or something. Seems a bit weird not to mention it in the article!

The official website has been stating “long term deal” on a few signings lately.

Ironically though when Brooks joined in the summer it was announced as a four year deal.

https://bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/changes-in-brooks-representation-made-move-possible/

In that interview he then mentions an extension. So it’s at least until the end of the 2022/23 season.

Great news!

Meanwhile, Ibe only has 12 months left on his deal come the summer. I wonder what will happen there as I can't see us letting him run it down and leave for nothing. His first season was awful, last season he was pretty good but this season he has mostly been like in the first season. Tricky one.

We essentially paid £3 million for Ibe; given he was meant as a direct replacement for Ritchie, who we got £12ish million for I believe?

Honestly I don't even think about the fee anymore. With everyone fit, he's probably fourth choice winger. Last season he got 2 goals and 6 assists, which is decent. This season his stats have dropped considerably, but we've also upgraded, with Brooks and with Fraser hitting excellent form, and Ibe getting less games. I thought he performed fairly well in his cup games, getting a couple of goals and assists.

£3 million for a fourth choice winger isn't too shabby at all, really. Plus, he might get better. And even if he doesn't- he's not as bad as the live crowds make him out to be.

Revisionism of the highest order above. Ibe cost a club record £15 mil not £3 mil.

I must have missed last season when he was “pretty good” as well.

He’s like an unfunny version of Rantie.

;