David Brooks

After reading that...dont think its too much of a good idea getting excited about his future with Boscombe..lucky if it gets past the Summer... any existing contract can be easily circumnavigated by the Manchester Mafia(s) !

After reading that...dont think its too much of a good idea getting excited about his future with Boscombe..lucky if it gets past the Summer... any existing contract will be easily circumnavigated by the Manchester Mafia(s) !

Yes, but we can get a lot more transfer money now that he’s on a long term contract.
I’m still fairly certain he will spend at least one more season here where he can play near enough every week, rather than share appearances with the likes of Sane, Jesus, Willian, Mahrez and so on.

Yes, but we can get a lot more transfer money now that he’s on a long term contract.
I’m still fairly certain he will spend at least one more season here where he can play near enough every week, rather than share appearances with the likes of Sane, Jesus, Willian, Mahrez and so on.

He has also already been shown the door at City once - when he does go (and he will, eventually) - he will want to be sure of what awaits him

What, well obviously he's going to attract attention, but if you look at the quote and not the false context that the idiot who writes for that hateful bog-roll of a paper has put it in. He was asked what he thinks about Sancho playing abroad, and answers basically good on him, if you can't get in the team better to go somewhere you can play and grow. It's hardly a come and get me plea, and it sounds like he'd rather play than sit on a Manchester bench

As for the paper itself

As for the paper itself

That’s why it’s by far the biggest selling Daily Newspaper. And it’s great it upsets so many lefties. Truth hurts, especially to those lefties who only believe their view is right and every other view is vile. , :)

Popularity isn't always the best measure of quality. just look at the list of number one singles. I don;t believe that on,y my view is correct, nor would I consider myself a 'leftie', I just think that the paper is hateful, Murdoch is a scumbag and it all contributes to the ongoing infantilising of political discourse in this country. Because it's easier to direct and influence a child discussion than an adult one. Let's go over the content of your post and see if they've been successful or justified in treating the country like children

"biggest selling Daily Newspaper" - Seeking refuge in a crowd, allows folk to justify themselves by thinking they aren't alone, like saying well m'lud I was only driving 120, Geoff there was doing 140. The existence of a greater evil neither justifies nor mitigates a lesser evil

"And it’s great it upsets so many lefties." - Why does anyone want to 'upset' anyone else. Also using 'leftie' in this reductivist manner, it's done to dehumanise the holder of another point of view, creates a them and us narrative. Which makes the reader less likely to listen to listen to alternbative as they see it as an attack on themselves not an attack on an idea

"Truth hurts, especially to those lefties who only believe their view is right" - Anyone who believes only their view is right is an idiot. However the truth hurts indiscriminately, and the truth as it stands today is going to end up hurting a helluva lot of people, on all sides of their perceived political spectrum

I think I'll stick to football, like I normally do, but if you listen to that song, it's full of facts, not opinions, not editorials, just facts. Do with them as you wish, but if we've let media outlets take the place of god in our current world, then we've really dropped the ball somewhere

The Metro is the most looked at newspaper, as for most sold it is the Sun followed closely by the Mail. Other newspapers don't come close to these three. Since the 50s newspaper circulation figures have dropped drastically. The Mirror was the most read until the Sun took over during the mid 70s.
1553348382625.png

I notice that Brooks has passed a fitness test for tomorrow, so that should make up for not seeing Callum last night

Is this a thing? I'm sure I read somewhere that he was taken off in the Slovakia game due to him being injured.

I thought it was that he was taken off - and it was mentioned that he been struggling with an ankle injury recently?
Ah ok, so the commentator had surmised that he was going off because of his recent injury? Not that he was actually injured?

This from COWS.

David Brooks and Chris Mepham started their UEFA Euro 2020 qualification campaign with Wales with a narrow victory over Slovakia at Cardiff City Stadium.

The Cherries pair were both named in Ryan Giggs’ starting line-up for the Group E fixture.

An early goal from Swansea City’s Daniel James was enough to secure a 1-0 win for Wales and all three points.

Brooks was booked and withdrawn after an impressive hour of action, whilst Mepham was involved for the full 90 minutes.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/club-news/internationals-brooks-mepham-and-fraser-in-action

I don't buy it. He looked like he went down right as his scheduled 60 minute shift was up. EH no doubt will have asked Giggles to protect Brooks somewhat, given his recent injury and also his issue with glandular fever and exhaustion, etc.

He got a slice taken out of his achilles in the first half against Newcastle. I think that's what they were talking about. It's near the ankle and it wouldn't have fully healed yet so they took him off as a precaution. Nothing to worry about in my opinion, at least he's no more injured than when Wales took him away

;