David Brooks

This is the one which will hurt the most for me, given how little we have seen of him. I really thought he could be the linchpin around which a promotion-chasing team could be built.

At the very least, we should hold out for the right amount here. If Sancho was going to be 108m, surely Brooks is worth at least 40m?
I think it's a little naive to think our most talented player by a country mile was going to stick around to slum it in the Championship. He was always going to be snapped up, he's an absolutely top tier player.

I think it's a little naive to think our most talented player by a country mile was going to stick around to slum it in the Championship. He was always going to be snapped up, he's an absolutely top tier player.
If his lack of form at the end of last season has not devalued him significantly then we would probably be wise to cash in now. Alternatively if they are undervaluing him, we'd be better off hanging on to him until January. If he starts well and looks top class, that should push his price up nicely. So if they offer us decent value for him then yes, if they are trying to get him on the cheap, then bog off he's ours !!!

This is the million dollar dilemma... I think the same applies to Wilson as well. If we could convince both Brooks and Wilson to stick around for several months, until the next window opens, in the hope that both can find form, their values 'could' be a lot higher...

I still think Brooks would be a punt for most teams, but I also believe he is wasted out on the wing... Against Leicester, in the 2nd half, he had so much more of a free role and basically ran the show...

Clearly very talented and would love to keep hold of him but anything North of £30m and we will struggle to keep him at DC...

Re. Dan James, I was listening to TS yesterday and they were asking the same question... Seems he has fallen out of favour/form at Old Trafford... No room for being played into form at the top... Success needs to be instant...

Well if this occurs ...it will cap off a Compendium of Laughs this year...Shut the Box !
I can never stop being a Boscombe fan...but this will send me into a 'don't give a sh*t what happens now' mode for quite some time...a bit like the TedMac aftermath!

We either want to Progress or we don't.
I think this was where EH was At !

Had it been back to Sheffield or off to Madrid or Bayern...I might have been less piqued...but that F√cking Shower of Greedy b@stards ...No Sir!

Last edited:
Manure are reported wanting everybody, it sells papers.
If they offer 40m i would snap it up very quick, King and Brooks for 60 m would be a nice load of cash for the club.
Get the deal done quick AFCB.

Yes, that was the price we mentioned right at the beginning of the silly season, as a statement of our intent to ward off his suitors. Tbf if we get 40m for him it would be almost impossible to turn down.

Love it... About time we started holding a few cards for once..

If they want him they can stump at least half of what they were planning to spend on a player that isn't twice as good...

His local newsagent may not be so keen to see Brooksie go if he can't get someone else to do his paper round.
Although the word on the street is that every paper boy has his price.

I really want him to stay but every player has their price, we’d be crazy to turn down 40m let’s be honest.

;