David Brooks

are you seriously suggesting any player would spend an entire career at one club without winning trophies and trebling their earning potential....?

unbelievably naive, if he does well at the Euros he'll be off

You're not getting it to mate, we have wealth owners who are building a team around him, he's been at the club since he was 5 he comes from a family of Villa fans, He's the captain he earns whatever he wants, he plays every minute of every game at his club, he wants to win things with Villa, he may or may not do that. He is Villa's Stevie G. He's playing for England he's so proud of that unlike some of the other ungrateful so and so's. Even Southgate couldn't ignore him forever.
Granted there aren't many like him loyalty wise but there are a few of them about even now.
He's living his dream as we all would if we had the chance.

Gosling came to us with one of the worst injury records in football.

Did he...OK...but he always seems to be available.. and willing to put in a shift...and has no more off- form games than any of the others.
I get that its 'trendy' for Forum fans to have a special target player to gang up on...week in week out...convenient.

Sometimes its good for some others to back players....to increase their confidence ..especially if they are aware of Forum opinion.

Did he...OK...but he always seems to be available.. and willing to put in a shift...and has no more off- form games than any of the others.
I get that its 'trendy' for Forum fans to have a special target player to gang up on...week in week out...convenient.

Sometimes its good for some others to back players....to increase their confidence ..especially if they are aware of Forum opinion.

Really not into ganging up on anybody. Gosling's injury record was really poor before we took a gamble on him. Prior to joining us he had played 82 games in 8 years. I just thought it funny, you chose him to highlight Danjuma's injury record.

You're not getting it to mate, we have wealth owners who are building a team around him, he's been at the club since he was 5 he comes from a family of Villa fans, He's the captain he earns whatever he wants, he plays every minute of every game at his club, he wants to win things with Villa, he may or may not do that. He is Villa's Stevie G. He's playing for England he's so proud of that unlike some of the other ungrateful so and so's. Even Southgate couldn't ignore him forever.
Granted there aren't many like him loyalty wise but there are a few of them about even now.

no mate, you're really not getting it, he'll move to a big club sooner or later, they all do, sorry

no mate, you're really not getting it, he'll move to a big club sooner or later, they all do, sorry

Villa is a big club.

Anyway, on the topic, Brooks looks a good player but I agree he probably plays too similar to Grealish. I personally think we should go for Sarr at Watford, has raw pace and is direct which we need more in our side imo.

Good luck though Bournemouth, looks like you've got a good chance of coming straight back up, hope there's still no hard feelings from last season (y)

Gosling didn't win it on his own v Chelsea or Arsenal ?
Oh sorry that was a different Div !

Gosling like a good pro..keeps himself fit for selection all through a season. He has a degree of Ability otherwise he would not have been at Everton and Newcastle.
Things need saying...I say em!

Danjuma always has the chance prove his worth if he sticks around...I will be happy to acknowledge that if it happens !
I don't think you'll find anyone who will doubt Goslings approach as a pro, I like the guy, like having him in the squad as he's a good option for us and is different to the other senior central midfielders. He's a paid professional footballer, of course there is ability, every single player that has ever played for a professional club has some ability (maybe not Marcos Painter.)

Yes, he has scored goals, doesn't make him a game changer. Any chance you could explain what it is you don't like about Danjuma? Genuinely interested, not taking a pop but you say you say things, here's another chance to educate someone with a less brilliant mind!

Reactions: drd
Villa is a big club.

Anyway, on the topic, Brooks looks a good player but I agree he probably plays too similar to Grealish. I personally think we should go for Sarr at Watford, has raw pace and is direct which we need more in our side imo.

Good luck though Bournemouth, looks like you've got a good chance of coming straight back up, hope there's still no hard feelings from last season (y)

re big club status: for those of us of a certain age that regard the Prem as a continuation of division 1, Villa are a big club being European cup winners but for those football watchers of a younger age imho Villa are not a big club given they are outside the top 6 elite that the media drool over.

no hard feelings re Villa last season - still peed off about 1972 though!

I don't think you'll find anyone who will doubt Goslings approach as a pro, I like the guy, like having him in the squad as he's a good option for us and is different to the other senior central midfielders. He's a paid professional footballer, of course there is ability, every single player that has ever played for a professional club has some ability (maybe not Marcos Painter.)

Yes, he has scored goals, doesn't make him a game changer. Any chance you could explain what it is you don't like about Danjuma? Genuinely interested, not taking a pop but you say you say things, here's another chance to educate someone with a less brilliant mind!

I dont dislike Danjuma personally, obviously no reason to.
It just that the Club splash out £13 million for a player who only manages 26 appearances over 18 months - that's 2 per million - not exactly good value!
There is only a need to develop young players or buy them cheaper from lower leagues...
Anything to do with large amounts of Money being spent/wasted in Football is likely to inflame opinions and emotion in a Society that is seeing poverty in many areas and limitations in the nations health resources.

There is nothing clever or brilliant from my thoughts ..just a practical and moral angle.

I dont dislike Danjuma personally, obviously no reason to.
It just that the Club splash out £13 million for a player who only manages 26 appearances over 18 months - that's 2 per million - not exactly good value!
There is only a need to develop young players or buy them cheaper from lower leagues...
Anything to do with large amounts of Money being spent/wasted in Football is likely to inflame opinions and emotion in a Society that is seeing poverty in many areas and limitations in the nations health resources.

There is nothing clever or brilliant from my thoughts ..just a practical and moral angle.
Would it be a waste of money if his goals get us promoted. Hopefully he will be back soon

There's not many of those types around anymore. They're a dying breed. FWIW I agree that there can still be that player who spends his career at one club regardless of success or trophies, not to say that there won't be in the future, and I applaud those players for their loyalty. Everyone's argument is ' he can earn more money elsewhere' as if money is the be all and end all for all footballers. It may be for Wee Turd, or Callum Wilson or Ramsdale who jumped ship at the first opportunity . Eventually Jack will drift off to another club as he gets older, lower league or somewhere abroad. Fair play to him and I hope he stays loyal to his morals. As for Brooks, if we get any manner of a decent offer then we have to take the money. Let's be truthful Brooks has had one decent season in the PL , one complete season injured in the PL and a slightly above average season so far in the championship. I'd be surprised if anyone takes a sizeable punt in him.

Grealish might love Villa and the fans love him but he'd be a mug not to put his career first. As soon as his form drops these Villa fans that worship him won't show him any loyalty and will want him out of the side. I think it's naive to think he's different and won't jump ship when the time is right.

;