David Brooks

I've said it for over a year now, Brooks is not a winger/wide man. He get's lost and frustrated. He's much better in a number 10 role or when he can just roam. The Leicester game at the end of last season where Eddie freed him up in the 2nd half and the Reading game this season where again he was freed up - we ended up scoring 4vgoals in a half in both of those games. We need to get him in his best position

Last edited:
Is he being tapped up by a big premier club?

:agree: This was my very thought last night.

It's like he knows there is a bid coming in and he's trying to avoid injury. As a result he skips out of tackles and loses himself through much of the games.

As an aside, I was absolutely gobsmacked when he won the November Championship Player of the Month as I did not think he was anywhere near his best. (Perhaps I watch a different game)

:utc:

Something isn't quite right with him currently, but I would say he'd benefit from being played more centrally and getting on the ball more.

:agree: This was my very thought last night.

It's like he knows there is a bid coming in and he's trying to avoid injury. As a result he skips out of tackles and loses himself through much of the games.

As an aside, I was absolutely gobsmacked when he won the November Championship Player of the Month as I did not think he was anywhere near his best. (Perhaps I watch a different game)

:utc:
Ah well, if he wants to go, he'd better go then. No point in hanging around, is there, when you'd rather be somewhere else ?

Let's hope, assuming this is true, we get a handsome fee for him, and are able to reinvest in a player that's hungry, ambitious and WANTS to play for AFCB.

Good questions Snoots. He wasn't at the races last night, ironic for a player who has often shone when the rest of the team have been mediocre. I thought he was too wide - he's much better when playing more centrally, or roaming across the park behind the forwards. And yes, I wouldn't be surprised if he was being tapped/lined up for a big money move. Doubt he will be going back to Sheff Utd though!
His position does not make you give ball away .
It has been a problem all season looks light wright need to bulk up ?

Something isn't quite right with him currently, but I would say he'd benefit from being played more centrally and getting on the ball more.
He is better centrally but we could play zidane in midfield.
We have no pace attacking wise and the full backs don’t seem to have have the engine to be getting up and down.

our one touch stuff is brilliant at times but how many times have we actually got in behind defenders lately, not often enough

Morning Lads several reports this morning linking Davis Brooks with a move to my club Aston Villa, along with some lad from reading I'd never heard of.

Not sure who started the rumour but they have been picked up by different outlets..
Personally, I think it's bull, as are the constant links of Jack to Man Utd that appear every few weeks from ITK's

Any thoughts or do you all think it's bullshine too?

Unless you've got £50 million burning a hole in your pocket it's bollox.

That was the asking price in the summer and it won't have gone down now we're right in the thick of the promotion race.

Unless you've got £50 million burning a hole in your pocket it's bollox.

That was the asking price in the summer and it won't have gone down now we're right in the thick of the promotion race.
That's what I thought, that's a "we don't want to sell price" I doubt we'd be in for a player costing that much in January or even the summer. The Reading lad Olise is more likely 19 years old and out of contract in the summer.

Yes' you've been stubborn over King and he'll walk away in the summer, so I don't see you'd sell your best player when it looks likely you'll get promoted which I'm sure you will.

Morning Lads several reports this morning linking Davis Brooks with a move to my club Aston Villa, along with some lad from reading I'd never heard of.

Not sure who started the rumour but they have been picked up by different outlets..
Personally, I think it's bull, as are the constant links of Jack to Man Utd that appear every few weeks from ITK's

Any thoughts or do you all think it's bullshine too?
He's been very hit and miss this season in the Championship, I dont think any PL suitors would bid based on his form this season. From their point of view it would make more sense to wait and see him settle into some consistency. Also our asking position right now is strong.

I think if he goes it'll be in the summer, as he's got too much potential to spend multiple seasons in the Championship. I don't think we'd even consider selling when right in the mix for promotion. If we miss out our position is weaker and a deal more likely.

That's what I thought, that's a "we don't want to sell price" I doubt we'd be in for a player costing that much in January or even the summer. The Reading lad Olise is more likely 19 years old and out of contract in the summer.
I think he signed a new contract this summer to 2023

Transfer figures get thrown around in the media.

If our club get a bid they will either say not enough or consider it.

Then if a deal goes through it will probably be for an undisclosed fee. ;)

;