David Brooks

That a club like Sheffield United can be considered by anyone on this Forum to be 'crap'..is somewhat crass and ironic...in that for the first period of this season...we were at the bottom...and couldn't buy a Win.. and who knows these days what's around a corner when we know that certain groups/ cliques of players can easily be flipped into a less than committed phase...as we well know from periods under managers Howe, Tindall, Parker and O'Neil.
If Sheffield decided to employ Brooks until May ... then surely from their angle it would be to go some way to improve their chances of becoming less 'crap'..
Foolish of me to be allied to any notion that the Forum could in any way relax any elitist tendencies when ascending the table to it's midpoint and threatening to be at home in the top half ..haha !

He looks pretty ineffective at present. Coming on fir 20 mins here and there is not helping prove or improve anything it seems.

Getting a loan with regular football and hopefully form may help him and us abd same way championship football helped a few of our players improve through regular football in a winning, strong team.

At present he looks very average and harsh as it sounds, waste of a wage and almost ineffective at this level imo.
"a waste of a wage".

Lovely, really lovely.

Well we could but there's no option to buy clause apparently.

If player likes it here and strongly pushes to leave Leeds for us, they may do a deal though. But Leeds can do what they want basically as there's no formal obligation.

Luis may feel no strong affiliation with us, and may just want pl football with any club and be committed to Leeds next season, regardless of how much he enjoyed his time with us this year.
I saw it widely reported there was an option but it relies on Leeds not being promoted.

He looks pretty ineffective at present. Coming on fir 20 mins here and there is not helping prove or improve anything it seems.

Getting a loan with regular football and hopefully form may help him and us abd same way championship football helped a few of our players improve through regular football in a winning, strong team.

At present he looks very average and harsh as it sounds, waste of a wage and almost ineffective at this level imo.
Have to agree unfortunately.
He was non existent v QPR and just did not look happy at all … surprised he was captain .

Can they have 2 players on loan from the same team?

If I remember correctly, in the EFL you can have as many as four from one team if they’re under 23, if they’re over that age bracket it’s limited to two.

The Premier League, you can only have two loans and one player per club.

If I remember correctly, in the EFL you can have as many as four from one team if they’re under 23, if they’re over that age bracket it’s limited to two.

The Premier League, you can only have two loans and one player per club.
We had three players on loan last season.

Saints loaned us Jack Stephens when we were struggling in that position and I remember David McGoldrick some seasons ago. Can't see a reason to not help them out if they are in need and gives him game time.

"a waste of a wage".

Lovely, really lovely.

Did wonder if someone would take it personally/take offense on his behalf...

Probably crass and of course wouldn't say that to his face, and youd expect management to be sensitive but his past aside he is ineffective for wage he's on. Just Imo of course.

not sure what your thoughts are on his place at the club Rob? Perhaps you agree loan is a good idea, just didn't like my direct (crass...) comment, given his history.

Did wonder if someone would take it personally/take offense on his behalf...

Probably crass and of course wouldn't say that to his face, and youd expect management to be sensitive but his past aside he is ineffective for wage he's on. Just Imo of course.

not sure what your thoughts are on his place at the club Rob? Perhaps you agree loan is a good idea, just didn't like my direct (crass...) comment, given his history.
I certainly agreed he looked out of sorts on Saturday, but given what he's been through I think afcb have a duty of care, morally too, to look after him. If that includes a loan then fine, but I think describing him as a waste of a wage is wrong.

How is Brooks a waste of a wage?

I think people forget sometimes that we need players to act as back ups too. He may not be getting picked right now but he’s serving his purpose by acting as an understudy for those who are, there are only two wing positions so naturally some are going to miss out. He has looked bright enough at times when coming on too.

I can’t see him leaving in this window for the same reason that I can’t see Kieffer Moore leaving, they are both filling important roles in the squad as back ups and would need to be replaced if they did depart. I’m sure the summer is a different matter but I can’t see the club wanting to have to spend to replace fringe players in January.

The only first trainers I can see departing are Traore and Kilkenny, and that is because to put it bluntly, neither are serving any purpose to us right now and would not need to be replaced.

I think people forget sometimes that we need players to act as back ups too. He may not be getting picked right now but he’s serving his purpose by acting as an understudy for those who are, there are only two wing positions so naturally some are going to miss out. He has looked bright enough at times when coming on too.
exactly this in seasons past we haven't had squad depth but now we are starting to get good back up and a decent looking squad, but some people look to those not playing and call them poor signings but if we get hit with a load of injuries those poor signing might just gain us some points.

I still see Brooksers as really offering us something.
For his own fitness and progress he needs game time.
A loan would be beneficial to him and ultimately to us.
If it is Southampton then let it be.
Mind you another team would be nicer.
How is Brooks a waste of a wage?

I can’t see him leaving in this window for the same reason that I can’t see Kieffer Moore leaving, they are both filling important roles in the squad as back ups and would need to be replaced if they did depart. I’m sure the summer is a different matter but I can’t see the club wanting to have to spend to replace fringe players in January.

The only first trainers I can see departing are Traore and Kilkenny, and that is because to put it bluntly, neither are serving any purpose to us right now and would not need to be replaced.
I’m sorry but I can see all the Welsh players leaving even permanently or on loan so they can get a chance to play a the championship if they get there

Fraser and Brooks in the same team?
I imagine wee man would be telling him that leaving us was the best thing he ever did, despite his career going in a similar direction as Josh King's when they both thought they were too good to play for us even when we were paying their wages.

;