David Brooks

Up there with one of the worst decisions the club has made in decades. Make him feel wanted and play him. Miles above Billing and Christie and Co. Crazy!

Tell the manager who to pick? I don't think that's a good idea. It sounds like the player made the decision rather than the club. I would imagine the manager was honest with him about how much he'll play like he was with Anthony.

Tell the manager who to pick? I don't think that's a good idea. It sounds like the player made the decision rather than the club. I would imagine the manager was honest with him about how much he'll play like he was with Anthony.
Our manager knows his quality. Brooks has just fallen out with the club in general I guess.
The one positive he will realise his £25m + value

Our manager knows his quality. Brooks has just fallen out with the club in general I guess.
The one positive he will realise his £25m + value
Or we could be getting him match fit and sharp at Soton so we can have a proper look at him in competitive football, and hopefully bring him back in to pre season next year... I get we don't want to see him go to Soton and it's helping them get promotion but for the player and club's benefit, it couldn't be better...

Doesn't have to relocate and we can keep easy tabs on him...

Last edited:
More in the Echo story above now including this para.

Cherries are understood to have wanted to keep Brooks but respected his wish for more regular minutes.

Wilcox now Saints director of football.

Could also have something to do with Brooks wanting to go there.

Now approaching the end of his first year as a City scholar, he has found his pitch time limited, but the confident youngster knows that the Academy staff, including under-18s Head Coach Jason Wilcox, have his long term development at the forefront of their plans.

;