David Brooks

Up there with one of the worst decisions the club has made in decades. Make him feel wanted and play him. Miles above Billing and Christie and Co. Crazy!
People still hanging onto the Brooks of 17/18 I see. He ain’t that player anymore, for obvious reasons. In the minutes he’s had in the PL this season he’s looked short of what is required.

Christie has been our best player so that comparison is a weird one.

People still hanging onto the Brooks of 17/18 I see. He ain’t that player anymore, for obvious reasons. In the minutes he’s had in the PL this season he’s looked short of what is required.

Yeah it's clearly Iraola who has decided the pecking order of our players and it's difficult to argue that he's wrong.

Here's my conspiracy theory: we're sending Brooks to help Southampton in order to prevent Leeds from getting promoted. Sure, it's good for getting him fit and for his Wales chances in the summer, but even moreso I'm gonna theorize that this is so we can buy Sinisterra. Among our recent turn of form Sinisterra has often been good both as a supersub and in his few starts. However, from what I recall of his loan deal, we have buy option (i.e. there's an already agreed upon price we can buy him at) that is only available if Leeds are not promoted. If Leeds get promoted, they could ask for a higher price or decline to sell. So my conspiracy theory is that we're using Brooks and Rothwell at Southampton to try to get that buy option for Sinisterra to be available in the summer.

Brooks to Saints..

Not the best news in our History is it...but it looks like they are destined to be back in the PL next season anyway..and i'd just about prefer them up with Leicester.... than Leeds !
But Brooks whatever, deserves what is best for him...and hopefully he comes back to us in August fitter and back to his best version !

Last edited:
It is common for a loan deal to have a structure where we pay most of the wages if he plays, we don't pay if he doesn't. (As you can't tell a team to play or not play someone)
Not sure how this deal and Rothwell would be structured, but probably more about the players wishes than FFP.
Good luck to him whatever.

Why? You think that we shouldn’t even aspire to be the biggest club on the south coast? If that’s not even achievable then what is the point, may as well just f**k off back to league one where we belong right?

I'm not sure a few years in a higher division would change much personally but I suppose my view is that AFCBs future is not contingent on what Southampton do.

Pompey at one time were the biggest club in the Solent area.

Then Saints took the helm as Pompey’s fortunes declined and dropped down the divisions.

Now it’s the Cherries turn to be the only club in that area to be in the Premier League.

I wish all the best to Brooksie. He definitely needs game time to get his sharpness back; you can't judge him against Swansea. Let's have another look at him in the summer.
Not ideal going to the scummers but at least it's local for him. I think they'll be back up with or without him, so makes no odds.
With Faivre coming in it gives enough options in midfield.
Do need to loan a Right Back though...

Madness. Strategically it’s in our interest to be the dominant club in the geography. Fair enough let Brooks out if it’s the best for him and us but not to Southampton. What a terrible decision.
While I love the idea that we becaome their feeder club, they would need to be a few leagues below us and getting youth, not squad talent.

Why we are trying to help them get promoted is beyond

They think he will improve their side so in effect we are improving their side. We’re not making it worse are we.

*ruffles hair*

Pipe down little one, you’re not on our radar ;)

In all seriousness, if you get promoted now we will spend the next 30 years reminding you it was down to us.
I'll be hoping my offspring (and their offspring, etc.) will be reminding them of that for a lot longer than 30 years...

"But we put money in buckets, just before we kicked off and smashed a load of windows on the way back to Pokesdown station"

Reactions: DJ

;