David Brooks

That's three points already we can mention forever if they go up.

"You got promotion because we lent you some of our reserves" trumps "I put 10p in a bucket just before I smashed some windows in Pokesdown" in my opinion.

To be repeated for generations to come.

Edit: Them up instead of L##ds, nobody else.

I think we’re just less tolerant maybe then! Everyone I know and go to Bournemouth with or drink with hates Southampton (look how many songs feature that). On here though there’s much less acrimony and people glad we are helping them. I just can’t relate to that so am assuming (maybe wrongly) it’s the younger generation.
I don’t like them because I’ve lived most of my life in the New Forest where it’s been 98% Saints fans who love to give stick. Just starting to turn….

is the difference in standard now so great they'll have another nightmare season if they got promoted?
which would be hilarious

Good chance could be same 3 relegated/promoted swapping places fir next year.

Saints haven't lost many plsyers AFAIK. A bit like us, the season or 2 in lower division would have perhaps helped players development long term.

They have a lot of very good young players in their squad and imo won't be as poor next season, after their likely promotion.

It will be a much tougher division to survive next season imo, than this year. So hopefully we'll continue to improve/strengthen between now and August.

All 3 of relegated sides are pretty much pl ready. In terms of core of squad, stadiums infrastructure etc. And will no doubt soend money in the summer to strengthen further. So imo are much more of a threat to us, compared to the 3 promoted last year.

Last edited:

Saints haven't lost many plsyers AFAIK. A bit like us, the season or 2 in lower division would have perhaps helped players development long term.

They have a lot of very good young players in their squad and imo won't be as poor next season, after their likely promotion.

It will be a much tougher division to survive next season imo, than this year. So hopefully we'll continue to improve/strengthen between now and August.

All 3 of relegated sides are pretty much pl ready. In terms of core of squad, stadiums infrastructure etc. And will no doubt soend money in the summer to strengthen further. So imo are much more of a threat to us, compared to the 3 promoted last year.
Agreed - already feels like it could be harder to stay up next season!

Still can’t get my head around why anyone wants another PL team within 30 miles of us .Particularly one with a larger fanbase and stadium .
Surely it is also what the player wants.
Moore refused Millwall but was happy to go back to Suffolk where he had played before
Brooks Rothwell and for that matter Fraser who is also on loan have a move with no disruption to their home lives.

Moore refused Millwall but was happy to go back to Suffolk where he had played before
Brooks Rothwell and for that matter Fraser who is also on loan have a move with no disruption to their home lives.
We wouldn’t have lent them to a PL club which would have been even more what they wanted. We stopped Mepham going to Sheff U when Wilder expressed interest. It would have been great for him that loan.

It was just because we have a relationship there. It’s lazy and strategically dumb.

We wouldn’t have lent them to a PL club which would have been even more what they wanted. We stopped Mepham going to Sheff U when Wilder expressed interest. It would have been great for him that loan.

It was just because we have a relationship there. It’s lazy and strategically dumb.

We didn't let mepham go as we barely have enough cb cover as it is. That isn't the case with wingers (as you also keep pointing out...).

or they were the only club willing to take them and pay all their wages, and we needed all the wages off our tab for ffp?

unless your lansdowne physio chum knows different?

Mepham didn't go because we needed him in our squad.
Yes… but someone was saying we need to think what the players want in relation to the scum moves and I’m saying clearly we didn’t as we didn’t let Meps get first team PL football which would have been better than championship. There was rumours they wanted Brooks too and I’d have imagined we might have said no to that too.

Yes… but someone was saying we need to think what the players want in relation to the scum moves and I’m saying clearly we didn’t as we didn’t let Meps get first team PL football which would have been better than championship. There was rumours they wanted Brooks too and I’d have imagined we might have said no to that too.

No the player's views only come into it once it has been decided they are surplus to requirements for AFCB. Once it has been decided to loan them out then what the player wants will obviously come into it.

On this one obviously us as fans aren't going to like it but they aren't fans and have to do what's right for club and player. This talk of regional superiority is all a bit abstract in my view. They will probably get promoted either way so just take the best deal on offer for all parties.

I don’t know maybe the good of the club and it long term future is more important than a couple of twentysomethings on giant salaries that aren’t even from this part of the country having to move around a bit .

No the player's views only come into it once it has been decided they are surplus to requirements for AFCB. Once it has been decided to loan them out then what the player wants will obviously come into it.

On this one obviously us as fans aren't going to like it but they aren't fans and have to do what's right for club and player. This talk of regional superiority is all a bit abstract in my view. They will probably get promoted either way so just take the best deal on offer for all parties.
We’ll agree to disagree. We can’t agree on everything Del.

Has that ever happened before in the EPL? The three up straight back down, and the three down back up at 1st attempt.

That thought is beyond me but maybe it’s a generational thing…
.Nope. It's a having colleagues and friends who support them thing. You can be an AFCB supporter and not be a Saints hater. You can be happy that a club down the road are helping your players to develop and be their best when there's not current place for them in your team. The only time I don't like Saints is a)When we're playing them B) When we're relegation rivals. Otherwise, they're the team my friends and colleagues support.

.Nope. It's a having colleagues and friends who support them thing. You can be an AFCB supporter and not be a Saints hater. You can be happy that a club down the road are helping your players to develop and be their best when there's not current place for them in your team. The only time I don't like Saints is a)When we're playing them B) When we're relegation rivals. Otherwise, they're the team my friends and colleagues support.
I want my colleagues and friends to be completely and utterly traumatized as their team slowly become a league 1 mid table broke outfit that we lend our youth players to. Keep it like that for 20 years or so and then give them a condescending pat on the head and a “ look at you doing so well “
as they break into the Championship .

;