David Brooks

He's a good mate of Tom Lockyer, as DJ says through Wales team mates and both have had big health scares for men so young : )

I really hope that he stays/ we don't let him go. Playing as a second striker he would give us a great option although I am not sure it is in our new style.

I really hope that he stays/ we don't let him go. Playing as a second striker he would give us a great option although I am not sure it is in our new style.
I hope he does too but he isn’t back to his pre illness best yet so maybe another loan next season to January to help him on his recovery plan?

I think it would be best for his career if he moved on, as sad as that would be from an emotional perspective with everything he went through.

Hasn’t really impressed in a Southampton team with a lot of quality relative to the competition. Simply doesn’t suit the style of play here anymore, not unlike Billing. Doesn’t have the explosiveness, the pace, the hard-running…even his touch and that sprinkling of stardust he used to have seems muted (understandably so). Kind of looks like an average, higher Championship to lower PL squad player atm every time I’ve seen him recently. Is that harsh?

I think it would be best for his career if he moved on, as sad as that would be from an emotional perspective with everything he went through.

Hasn’t really impressed in a Southampton team with a lot of quality relative to the competition. Simply doesn’t suit the style of play here anymore, not unlike Billing. Doesn’t have the explosiveness, the pace, the hard-running…even his touch and that sprinkling of stardust he used to have seems muted (understandably so). Kind of looks like an average, higher Championship to lower PL squad player atm every time I’ve seen him recently. Is that harsh?
Is that harsh? I don’t think so.

If our style and it's application gets sussed out more next season and we start losing fairly regularly then Brooksy might just have been a welcome necessity...how we cannot accommodate a player of that quality into a mid -table outfit is beyond my comprehension.
I understand that he probably hasn't quite got back the zip yet, that he had before his illness....but if it returns and he is not here..I would class that as an unparalleled disaster in our History !
But you know..this is Boscombe !

Last edited:

;