Deadline Day

So the international window has creaked closed but someone left the EFL one open around the back. Which PL teams are looking a little light and who might they be after?

Having missed out on Sancho I guess the big fear is that Man Utd will hit the panic button and go after Brooks. They have their shirt sales signing in Cavani and so could afford to recruit a less glamorous signing.

Then, of course, there's King to anyone at all in the PL who will have him. He'll mow your lawn. And take the bins out. Go on, he's bound to succeed. He's called King ffs! You can't get more top of the tree than than a King.

I guess Sheff Utd will still want a left CB but I don't think the Rico link was serious. I'd guess they'll go for the Preston player we were linked with if anyone. Davies.

Is there anyone else that we need to worry about?

So the international window has creaked closed but someone left the EFL one open around the back. Which PL teams are looking a little light and who might they be after?

Having missed out on Sancho I guess the big fear is that Man Utd will hit the panic button and go after Brooks. They have their shirt sales signing in Cavani and so could afford to recruit a less glamorous signing.

Then, of course, there's King to anyone at all in the PL who will have him. He'll mow your lawn. And take the bins out. Go on, he's bound to succeed. He's called King ffs! You can't get more top of the tree than than a King.

I guess Sheff Utd will still want a left CB but I don't think the Rico link was serious. I'd guess they'll go for the Preston player we were linked with if anyone. Davies.

Is there anyone else that we need to worry about?

If we carry on as we are, we could lose Jason and his back room team.

Every transfer window a certain player is mentioned with a move away from his present club.

But at the end of the window that player is still there, Zaha.

SSN

The amount of money spent on international transfers in the window which closed on Monday dropped by more than 30% compared to the corresponding period last year amid the COVID-19 pandemic, FIFA said in a report on Friday.

FIFA announced that a total of $3.92 billion (£3.02bn) was spent by clubs worldwide between June 1 and Oct. 5 in the transfer window this year, compared to $5.8 billion (£4.5bn) a year ago.

The number of transfers also fell from 9,087 last year to 7,424, down 18%, the report said. The number of those transfers involving a fee was 1,623 compared with 1,222, a decline of 25%.

Our friends up the road have today let centre forward Guido Carrilo go having terminated his contract. Cost them over 19m and made 10 appearances.

Rarely heard about that flop in media compared to Ibe etc here.

read somewhere that all the money they got for van dijk (£70m?) has been spunked away on multiple flops, including this guy
puts our failure with Ibe into perspective

Not just him but Sofiane Boufal left on a free in the past week as well.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/official-angers-sign-sofiane-boufal-from-southampton/

70 appearances, 3 goals and signed for £16m.

All we hear is Eddie Howe Ibe this, Eddie Howe Solanke that, Eddie Howe Brad Smith the other.

Every club has signings that bombed. AFCB doing pretty well and getting a good press aggravated some people so much they banged that drum so many times it ended up becoming the story.

;