Deadline Day

I’ll be suprised if anything permanent comes in at this late stage, when was the last time we make a permanent signing on deadline day? (Prepared to be told it was 12 months ago now I’ve said that)

I would hope there are targets, however, keeping Brooks would be a great deadline day.

Our position in January will very much determine how that deadline day goes.

Not really. It tells us that the club weren’t willing to spend over the odds for our targets.
Absolutely spot on. The club have said as much. We‘ve identified targets but evidently the selling clubs think we must be loaded and are inflating their player values, just because we are ex PL.
It looks like we‘ve learned not to pay over the odds for players just because we can. Seems sensible to me. Maybe the selling clubs will be more amenable in January, more desperate for cash. We should pay realistic market values and nothing more !

I think we need more strikers, unless we keep King. Not bothered if anyone else comes in but I still worry about Begovic.
For some bizarre reason I am convinced that two more games with decent performances will once and for all banish his hoodoo. No idea why but I just think things could suddenly click for him and he‘ll get back to being thoroughly decent. He still needs a couple more decent games to completely rebuild his confidence though, in my eyes.

For some bizarre reason I am convinced that two more games with decent performances will once and for all banish his hoodoo. No idea why but I just think things could suddenly click for him and he‘ll get back to being thoroughly decent. He still needs a couple more decent games to completely rebuild his confidence though, in my eyes.

Yeah I'm with you on that and I've been saying all through the close season that we need to play him because we have to pay him either way. He seems committed and up for it now he's been given a chance. Figures crossed (still makes me a bit nervous though).

Yeah I'm with you on that and I've been saying all through the close season that we need to play him because we have to pay him either way. He seems committed and up for it now he's been given a chance. Figures crossed (still makes me a bit nervous though).
Yes, I feel your anxiety. He hasn’t redeemed himself just yet but he is moving in the right direction :thumbup:

Today's AFCB business.

OUT:
King - Villa. Undisclosed
Brooks - Everton Undisclosed

IN:
Double Barrell from Spurs. Undisclosed
Luke Garbutt - Free

A good day:
King out for a decent fee
A replacement striker in on a perm deal, ideally young and ambitious
An extra forward/winger in
Contract offer for Daniels in the offing

A mediocre day:
King stays and, despite grumbling, gets his head down until Jan
Nobody in

A bad day
King out for an unsatisfactory fee
Nobody in.

That sounds disappointing.

I don't know how anyone could look at the injuries we've consistently had with this squad over the years and think "yeah, we'll get by with 18-20 players playing Saturday/Tuesday through winter".

Not JT's fault of course, but it's not exactly helping him into the role.

;