Demarai Gray - Latest

I don't blame you guys for being over excited I'd say enjoy it guys take it from a person who was at Wembley only recently to watch Blues win the League cup to now back down in the championship with the dead men so to speak you never know what is round the corner! As for us our turn around is simply down to the manager, the team and squad have never been bad simply put Lee Clark is the worst football manager in the game!

Haha yeah indeed. It's just nice to see us playing some good stuff for like the first time in 3 years. Good luck tonight against Watford be a cracking game to watch as a neutral :)

MrMezz - 30/1/2015 18:27

Hey Guys

Birmingham fan here, firstly would like to say congrats on a great season so far no matter what happens this season no doubt will be a success.

Felt the need to post on here to give my two pence worth :) Gray no doubt is a great prospect and is probably going to end up (hopefully for him) somewhere much bigger than both of us. I have read the thread from a far and agree with some points and find some comments nothing short of laughable but hey footie is all about opinions after all. I have seen the link to the Blues forum too (Didnt know that one still was running). I tend to stick to the official board. As far as most sensible Birmingham fans will admit we kind of expect Gray to go this window considering the Prem interest in him that has been going on for pretty much a year now. Contrary to some people on here we are not heading into Admin and we are not in the position where we have to sell. Having witnessed some of the best young talent be sold in recent years like Redmond,Butland and Mutch all for pretty much peanuts as we had too I can assure you if that was still the case they would have snatched your hands off as soon as you offered 3mill.

Our clubs owners is quite honestly a very long and very boring saga now so I will not bore you with the details other than there is currently a internal a power battle happening at the holding company that own the actual club and the people currently with the most "say" have been in place since Carson's conviction and have since run the club much more on a level playing field and stopped money flowing out of the club back to Hong Kong by all accounts, so in that sense no players will be sold cheap and all money made by the club goes back into the club these days, as the club itself is very well run. With that said the general figure that most local jornos (who are rarely wrong) is 5 million and that figure wont change. Apparently the ideal deal for us would be a prem club where we get Gray back on loan if someone did stump up the cash.

Of course money does talk these days and I don't think anyone is silly enough to know if you guys ended up offering 5mill then he wouldnt be joining you.

No matter what happens good luck for the rest of the season, but felt the need to respond to some of the rumors especially the ones about the club being near admin as they are very wide of the mark!

You're not the Birmingham chairman by any chance? :hihi:

Hopefully goals a plenty - (though a few more for us). Enjoy watching as a neutral... see if you can spot how we could incorporate Dimmy!

He can only really play wide left or wide right. Great prospect but as I've said to many Birmingham fans at times he still isn't ready play week in week out in the Championship he drifts in and out of games and if he up against a physical full back he really struggles

Well I am glad that Birmingham are not close to admin, as Bournemouth fans we know what that feels like and I would not wish it on any clubs fans.

MrMezz - 30/1/2015 19:02

Haha yeah indeed. It's just nice to see us playing some good stuff for like the first time in 3 years. Good luck tonight against Watford be a cracking game to watch as a neutral :)

We're normally crap on TV, results and performance. If the game at St Andrews was televised it would have probably finished 1-1 :rotfl:

crayon_eater - 30/1/2015 19:33

MrMezz - 30/1/2015 19:02

We're normally crap on TV, results and performance. If the game at St Andrews was televised it would have probably finished 1-1 :rotfl:

I doubt it even in the prem we were terrible on TV! Il be interested what the outcome is tonight, I tipped Watford and Derby for top 2 start of the season of course Deeney is a great forward in this league, would love to see him down the Blues as he is a huge Bluenose. If you guys win tonight thats a massive statement to everyone else

Cheers for the balanced and non-judgemental comments MrMezz.

Some people have been spouting utter bollox on this thread but they appear on every site as I'm sure you know. It could be the DG ends up in the red n black next week it's starting to feel like the manager has set his sights quite firmly on him and has the backing from the owners.

As a club that's never been in the position we are right now, chasing down *possible* promotion with over half the season gone, I get the feeling they'll pull out all the stops to back Howe. It all feels a tad surreal.

Do you think you have any outside chance of chasing down a play off place? You're turnaround has been excellent and most seasons you see a team come out of nowhere to at least get close.

kirsikka - 30/1/2015 22:17

Some people have been spouting utter bollox on this thread but they appear on every site as I'm sure you know. It could be the DG ends up in the red n black next week as it's starting to feel like the manager has set his sights quite firmly on him and has the backing from the owners.

As a club that's never been in the position we are right now, chasing down *possible* promotion with over half the season gone, I get the feeling they'll pull out all the stops to back Howe. It all feels a tad surreal.

Do you think you have any outside chance of chasing down a play off place? You're turnaround has been excellent and most seasons you see a team come out of nowhere to at least get close.

kirsikka - 30/1/2015 22:17

Some people have been spouting utter bollox on this thread but they appear on every site as I'm sure you know. It could be the DG ends up in the red n black next week it's starting to feel like the manager has set his sights quite firmly on him and has the backing from the owners.

I agree EH seems to have set his sights on him but for me is he worth 5mill I'm not so sure. For me personally you have a better left winger in Pugh anyway watching the the game tonight he was the stand out player tho Deeney for me was the best player on the pitch by some distance. As you say chasing possible promotion is great but as that line gets closer especially with it being to the Prem it tests your metal and the strength of your squad. As for us I think playoffs are a bridge too far, the squad we have isn't bad but its made up of free transfers and a few old heads and mid table is kinda where I'd expect to see a squad like that, given last season I'd snatched your hand off to take mid table nothingness at the start of this season. For me I've always thought Derby would win the league by far the strongest team I've seen at St Andy's and just have such a good squad for this level, 2nd auto at the season start I picked Watford but wouldn't be surprised to see them in the playoffs. As long as your within 6points of those top 2 places by March you have a chance we always said.

After the way Pugh and Ritchie played last night, Gray probably won't fancy his chances of getting a game at DC.

;