Derby drink-driving

The club had cars waiting for the players, the £2800 bar bill receipt that did the rounds straight afterwards was from last season. Players dropped the ball, just like they have all season, a lot of anger towards them amongst the fans

Derby could have set up a mass drinking session with old holiday reps till 4am and set it up as a team bonding exercise on how to get home for all I care.

Here’s some car keys, here’s a wallet and a taxi companies phone number...what decision do you make?

The players are idiots.

Derby could have set up a mass drinking session with old holiday reps till 4am and set it up as a team bonding exercise on how to get home for all I care.

Here’s some car keys, here’s a wallet and a taxi companies phone number...what decision do you make?

The players are idiots.
Idiots on thousands per week, but lets blame the club.

Initially thought well done Derby, then thought that he’s out injured for 15 of the 21 months he had remaining on his undoubtedly large contract...

Seems unfair hes sacked other 2 are fined, nothing to do with the fact keogh is out for season, and getting on a bit, I'm sure

Hmm so the one who wasn’t actually drink driving becomes the fall guy. I think a few lawyers might be queuing up for this case

Sacked for gross misconduct = result. He was the Captain btw and I guess they had a close look at his contract.

The others should have been sacked as well.

Sacked for gross misconduct = result. He was the Captain btw and I guess they had a close look at his contract.

The others should have been sacked as well.
Agree. At the moment it looks like a sacking of convenience. Do what you want as long as you can play. The other two fled the scene.

“The club will not tolerate any of its players or staff behaving in a manner which puts themselves, their colleagues, and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse, or which brings the club into disrepute”.

Not sure the press officer has helped matters with that statement either as it further highlights the contradictory treatment taken!

Still, all Derby’s problems will be over when an upstanding individual like Wayne Rooney comes in as player coach......

Derby offered a pay cut so they probably know they will loose the case but compensation wont be equal to the 24,000 grand a week keogh was on.totally not on that the 2 who drank and drove are not sacked.joke of a club.

;