Diego Rico

This also feeds into the wider picture down the left.

Charlie struggled at times last season but now we can use him more sparingly and not burn either left back. But beyond that to the wing, Pugh always got 20% more out of Daniels, and Daniels 20% more out of Pugh. That partnership breaking up was inevitable at some stage. Harder ro make a case for Pugh when Daniels isn't there behind him.

All interesting. A position that needed some work. Can't be a mug if Dortmund were heavily in for him.

We knew a signing was imminent a few days ago, with three players names linked with our club, by NP and MM.

Now one is imminent and hopefully Eddie and his team will complete another one in due course.

Believe €20m was the buyout clause so €12m (which I guess is £10.7m) seems good business. Spanish media are talking about the fee being in instalments with a further €3m in add ons. I guess if the add ons become due, then he must have performed well enough to justify the initial fee

I really hope this time that a player signed from a foreign club works out for Eddie and AFCB.

We have had good foreign players sign for our club, but they have all played for another English club before coming to us.

;