Diego Rico

Might it be that nuance has been lost. He was too adventurous last year, has been told to defend, now he hardly goes forward. Maybe he's just unable to balance the dichotomy, or is taking some instructions too literally

I guess we have to trust Eddie’s judgement on him and that he doesn’t trust him.

Personally I thought he played well against Sheffield United. When I met my brother in the pub after the game, one of the first things he said was Rico played well too. Whether bad eye sight runs in the family I’m not sure! Seriously though, can he be any worse than the end result of Eddie’s reshuffling?

Football is a confidence game. When you are a left back and you can’t get a game when the other two left backs are injured and in one game you watch a right winger go play there and in the next game you see the best centre half in the club moved disrupting the entire defence so as not to play you your confidence must have completely evaporated.

Once again we have failed to understand, develop and build confidence in a player. Fair enough if Eddie doesn’t rate him but at least let him go on and flourish elsewhere like Mings has. He was outstanding in a tough league when we bought him, let’s let the poor lad go back to that.

Football is a confidence game. When you are a left back and you can’t get a game when the other two left backs are injured and in one game you watch a right winger go play there and in the next game you see the best centre half in the club moved disrupting the entire defence so as not to play you your confidence must have completely evaporated.

Once again we have failed to understand, develop and build confidence in a player. Fair enough if Eddie doesn’t rate him but at least let him go on and flourish elsewhere like Mings has. He was outstanding in a tough league when we bought him, let’s let the poor lad go back to that.

Eddie has said this is a big season for Rico. Well Daniels, Kelly, Tom, Dick and Harry are all flaming injured so give him a run in the team.

Eddie has said this is a big season for Rico. Well Daniels, Kelly, Tom, Dick and Harry are all flaming injured so give him a run in the team.

Yeah,absolutely weird decision not to play him. I think he'll go the same way as Ibe and Mousset, so lacking in confidence that when he gets a chance he can't play his natural game, especially when people are on his back whenever he makes a mistake.

I dont actually understand why he gets so much stick.

I cant remember him doing something wrong that directly led to a goal like Mepham did today.

Ok,he gives the ball away a bit and defends weakly at times but going forward i dont think he is that bad.

I think he is better as a wing back than an out and out left back though.

Yeah,absolutely weird decision not to play him. I think he'll go the same way as Ibe and Mousset, so lacking in confidence that when he gets a chance he can't play his natural game, especially when people are on his back whenever he makes a mistake.

And a certain Mr Mings.

Best game in a Cherries shirt so far today.
Not only showing the attacking side we know about, but starting to show more between the ears too, I think.

Only caught out of position once, otherwise was usually in the right place. Did superbly well to control his game when on a (very harsh) yellow card, despite being given a tough job to do by Josh King who didn't help very much in a defensive capacity.

Credit where it's due.

Another reason to stick with this team for as long as possible. Makeweights like Rico and Stacey are starting to find their place in the team and the whole 11 is starting to look like a team. No complaints from me about their effort either. I love this 11 ! Let's keep them together for as long as possible. Having Fraser, Francis, Danjuma, Kelly ( soon Brooks, Smith, Stanislas and others ) on the bench is a nice place to be.

;