Dominic Solanke

Well deserved as well.

Since he won the Golden Ball at the 2017 FIFA U- 20 World Cup, he didn’t really make it as a Liverpool player, mainly being on the subs bench.

Dominic Solanke has been a ‘slow burner’ since he came to our club from Liverpool.

But in his two seasons in the Championship we saw him start 86 league games and score 44 goals with 15 assists and show he can hit the net.

Then last season he scored 6 goals and had 7 assists in his 32 starts in the PL.

But this season we have seen Solanke start off where he left off in the Championship promotion season of 2021-22 where he scored 29 goals and start to prove he can score goals in the Premier League, with 12 to date.

From being a ‘slow burner’, he has come on ‘fire’ this season and has attracted the interest of a number of clubs.

That potential from the time he won the Golden Ball is now on show for all to see.

Villa had 4 wins and 2 draws and 1 defeat in December.

AFCB had 4 wins, a draw and a defeat.

Maybe because two of Villa’s wins were against Arsenal and Manchester City swung it.

Like how he said “carry on for the rest of the season and for the rest of 2024.”

Sounds like he is expecting to be here beyond the summer then !
:wahey:
Remember when Rambo came out and did an interview the day we were relegated, saying he wanted to help bring us back to PL. Then very soon after, he went to Sheffield U? Best to not take things too literally I think. Hopefully, Dom will be with us until the summer at least. I will be surprised if he doesnt/we don't get an offer we can't refuse in the summer.

Remember when Rambo came out and did an interview the day we were relegated, saying he wanted to help bring us back to PL. Then very soon after, he went to Sheffield U? Best to not take things too literally I think. Hopefully, Dom will be with us until the summer at least. I will be surprised if he doesnt/we don't get an offer we can't refuse in the summer.
Just seemed like an odd and somewhat unnecessary thing to say. My guess is that he’s quite happy to stay here but suspects that the club might try to cash in on him in the summer and he just wanted the club and everybody else to know that actually he’d be quite happy to play here again next season.
He might end up being sold anyway but I thought that it was interesting that he chose to say what he did.

We have to believe what the owner has stated, the door is closed except for Kelly and in comings depends on the young guy from SA.
Anything else I won't believe until I see it written on COWS

;