Dominic Solanke

You seem desperate to sell our biggest asset and have been for some time. I just don't get it !! Do you know what happens to clubs that sell their best players?
Colin Clark sold by Harry 86/87 the rest is history .
We will always be a selling club just like 99% of clubs .The important thing is we have the finances to be strong in negotiation and the money is spent wisely .

Wait, I thought his season in the Champs was his one good season?

So by your definition, Haarland had one good season when he joined Man City and you dont think he was any good?
Me not rating Solanke really winds you up , doesn't it? Get over it. Youre a Dom fanboy and I'm not. Not sure you can compare Solanke with Haaland unless you're taking the p1ss We should take the money and run.

Me not rating Solanke really winds you up , doesn't it? Get over it. Youre a Dom fanboy and I'm not. Not sure you can compare Solanke with Haaland unless you're taking the p1ss We should take the money and run.
Not a fan boy at all, I am holding a mirror up to hypocrisy. Understanding good footballers is nothing to do with fan boying. Couldnt stand Maradona...on or off the pitch, but youd have to be pretty bloody stupid not to recognise how good he was.

The fact that Solanke is now into his 4th year of his "purple patch" and is one of the top strikers in one of the best leagues in the world, I think someone would have to be bloody stupid to not recognise how good he is.

It would really refreshing if, instead of trying to stick to your guns, you just came out and said, ' Yeah, got this one wrong'. Staying with the argument that Solanke is not very good, is not really an option at this point.
There are several posters on this forum who could never ever admit they were wrong.

I blame the parents.

Reactions: drd
Not a fan boy at all, I am holding a mirror up to hypocrisy. Understanding good footballers is nothing to do with fan boying. Couldnt stand Maradona...on or off the pitch, but youd have to be pretty bloody stupid not to recognise how good he was.

The fact that Solanke is now into his 4th year of his "purple patch" and is one of the top strikers in one of the best leagues in the world, I think someone would have to be bloody stupid to not recognise how good he is.
Oi!!! Josh 'purple patch' McQuid owns the purple patch tag.

We have a differing opinion on his overall skill set.

When you say it like that I cant help but hear a flat earther saying "We have a differing opinion on gravity and overall science."
Not at all. You just can't accept that I don't agree with you regarding Solanke. I don't know perhaps your someone who's always had everyone agree with everything you say and you can't accept that I won't fall in line. FYI I'm pretty sure the earth is round and the only science Im bothered about is which grapes make the best wine, how my gins are made and what beer tastes like.

So I should change my opinion just to pacify the Domboys on here? One good season in this division isn't a good enough reason for me to change my opinion. Whilst Dom has had a season of note there are still too many misses chances, poor first touches , weak challenges against CB's and room for improvement in the air. If he sorts those out then I'll possibly change my opinion . But , I can't see that happening. That's why while he's in the spotlight and the media are bigging him up and his stock is high we should capitalise on his worth and sell, sell, sell.
Jesus Christ !!! The truth is nothing Dom could ever do would change your opinion, because you are far too proud to ever admit that you could be wrong. But it's clear to the whole world that you are. Admitting it would just show you are human, soldiering on with a busted flush of an argument ......well, it's just sad.

So I should change my opinion just to pacify the Domboys on here?
I do find this a peculiar phenomenon, why do you think calling out an afcb fan for being a fan of an afcb’s player as a potentially derogatory? Neil did the same to me regarding Christie? Just plain odd, I’m not going to be insulted for supporting my team.

One good season in this division isn't a good enough reason for me to change my opinion.

That is fair enough, totally get that. Assume your opinion was also undecided until he had also had over a season with us too?

Whilst Dom has had a season of note there are still too many misses chances, poor first touches , weak challenges against CB's and room for improvement in the air. If he sorts those out then I'll possibly change my opinion . But , I can't see that happening. That's why while he's in the spotlight and the media are bigging him up and his stock is high we should capitalise on his worth and sell, sell, sell.

Perfectly valid stance as well, regardless of any personal bias.

Not at all. You just can't accept that I don't agree with you regarding Solanke. I don't know perhaps your someone who's always had everyone agree with everything you say and you can't accept that I won't fall in line. FYI I'm pretty sure the earth is round and the only science Im bothered about is which grapes make the best wine, how my gins are made and what beer tastes like.

Its not about agreeing with me. If you stand there and state the sky is green, the pope is Muslim, we didnt land on the moon and Dom is not fit to wear the shirt after years of watching him and statistical evidence, then I cant help you.

Disagreeing over opinion is absolutely fine. But to come on here and state that you "don't rate" the 1st name on the team sheet, highest Premier League scorer ever, most valuable club asset and one of the top sorcerers in the Premier league.

Just a month ago you said you would drop him.

You said don't think hes worth what we paid for him.

You've stated he's not a striker

Apparently he doesn't offer the team anything.

I could go on but you talking about "opinions" and "feeling" when you are simply ignoring actual facts. I guess, looking at your post, maybe you are pi$$ed all the time when posting on here? That could be your excuse I guess.

You mocked me for using Haarland as an example...imagine how silly someone would sound if they said to you they didnt think he was a striker and he was not fit to wear the Man City shirt...that would be pretty stupid wouldnt it?

Are Man Cheaty, Arsenal, Liverpool, going to buy him? No. How about the 3 promoted teams ? No. Will he choose a club that finishes lower than us this season very doubtful and also doubtful that any team that finishes lower than us will pay the ludicrous amounts mentioned on here. Tottenham? Possibly but their very shrewd owner won't pay the amounts mentioned on here. Villa ? Doubtful they would want Solanke as they are pretty well covered in that area. Chelsea? Doubt they will be able to spend anything . West Ham gets mentioned a lot but realistically are West Ham going to spend anywhere north of £35-40m for a forward whos had one good season? Very unlikely. For his stock to rise he needs next season to be the same or better than this one. I can't see him going anywhere through both choice and lack of offers the club find acceptable.
This. Exactky what ivr been thinking for a while. Who exactly can afford him, that would realistically be interested.

not many, if any at all imo.

This includes teams abroad. Saudi teams? But would dom be interested, as it is basically a joke league still at this point.guess it depends just how important money is, to overlook that.its one thing doing it in 30s, not your prime though.

I do find this a peculiar phenomenon, why do you think calling out an afcb fan for being a fan of an afcb’s player as a potentially derogatory?
The pendulum swings both ways, DJ. I get grief because my opinon of Dom differs from certain others. To a point I get others tracking back through the years to quote me on things I've said in the past. It all gets a bit pathetic

Its not about agreeing with me. If you stand there and state the sky is green, the pope is Muslim, we didnt land on the moon and Dom is not fit to wear the shirt after years of watching him and statistical evidence, then I cant help you.

Disagreeing over opinion is absolutely fine. But to come on here and state that you "don't rate" the 1st name on the team sheet, highest Premier League scorer ever, most valuable club asset and one of the top sorcerers in the Premier league.

Just a month ago you said you would drop him.

You said don't think hes worth what we paid for him.

You've stated he's not a striker

Apparently he doesn't offer the team anything.

I could go on but you talking about "opinions" and "feeling" when you are simply ignoring actual facts. I guess, looking at your post, maybe you are pi$$ed all the time when posting on here? That could be your excuse I guess.

You mocked me for using Haarland as an example...imagine how silly someone would sound if they said to you they didnt think he was a striker and he was not fit to wear the Man City shirt...that would be pretty stupid wouldnt it?
As you like dragging up the past so much drag up where I have stated Dom isn't fit to wear the shirt. If you can find it I'll buy you a beer. Here's a hint, you won't be able to

As you like dragging up the past so much drag up where I have stated Dom isn't fit to wear the shirt. If you can find it I'll buy you a beer. Here's a hint, you won't be able to

"Solanke is not PL standard regardless of the size of his heart or the fact he has a red and black shirt on, he's not good enough"

I'm sorry I'm missing the part there where I state' he's not fit to wear the shirt'. If you're going to accuse me of staying something then at least get it right.

Oh you wanted it an exact quote to the letter?...I never quoted my original comment,so I wasnt quoting you letter for letter. I think your comment that IS a direct quote is pretty clear? You can wiggle out of it all you want.

;