Dominic Solanke

Depends on why the training ground hasn't got going I guess. Not sure it would be a case of that OR Solanke though. And a lot depends on what he would cost in reality, I'd suspect much will be instalments and dependent on progress. Not sure would should be turning down a young England striker coming here!

Whatever Eddie decides, I'll go with that as he knows all the inside information and we don't!

8 figures on a 4th choice striker, no way

Give me 8 figures and a bit of white paint, I'll get that training ground open in time for pre season

Eddie is probably looking at the future. If there's a chance Callum's off in the summer (and that decision will be out of Eddie's hands ) then another striker coming in now is a decent move.

Yeah I seem to be spreading this conversation across two threads, but would agree, but that's why I don;t want either to be permanent. If Solanke is perm then it sounds like we are losing someone, if Clyne is permanent then he's a likely improvement but not really succession for Smith

We always go through these rumours in January and normally nothing happens.

This time with our injuries and possible loan move for Defoe, something might materialise.

Neal Maupay looks a good player, but I'm not convinced he'd fit in with the squad mentality. Seems like a nasty piece of work honestly.

I can imagine a situation whereby we could be prepared to loan Mousset to a Championship club willing to play him regularly IF and ONLY IF Solanke comes in. I think that would be a smart move for us and Mousset. If the Solanke signing doesn't come off, Mousset will stay here and have to be content with further cameo appearances. I think a loan move for him might have already been agreed in principal if the Solanke deal goes through.
Mousset could really benefit from being a regular starter and at the moment that isn't happening here. Imagine if he dropped down to the Championship and became a starter for some club there desperate for goals and started banging them in for fun. We would then have another useful addition to our strike force to call back to AFCB. Everyone at the club seems to think he is a real talent so I don't think we're prepared to sell him just yet. But a loan move for regular game time and further development would be a great idea.

;