Dominic Solanke

Solanke has become a feared entity across most of the Premier'ship clubs now...and this has drawn the defenders to his presence....and I think assisted the other Boscombe players by giving them more space to wreck havoc...and to Dom's credit he is still scoring as often despite the attention !
We really don't want him gone !

Last edited:
I hope Dom stays.
Having said that, if he sell him this summer, who do we want to replace him?
Since I'm Canadian, I wonder if we would consider Jonathan David at Lille. He's only 24, scored bags of goals for us (CAN) in World Cup Qualifying, and is currently second in scoring in Ligue 1 (not far behind Mbappe if you don't count pens).
He is known for his strong ability to press, which would be an asset in our system.
Not as tall as Solanke though.
He stated a couple years ago that he saw his future in the Premier League.
And he's now going into the final year of his contract, so Lille will probably want to sell him this summer. Transfermarkt has him at 50M euro, which is probably less than we could get for Dom.
If it happens, I called it first!

I hope Dom stays.
Since I'm Canadian, I wonder if we would consider Jonathan David at Lille. He's only 24, scored bags of goals for us (CAN) in World Cup Qualifying, and is currently second in scoring in Ligue 1 (not far behind Mbappe if you don't count pens).
He is known for his strong ability to press, which would be an asset in our system.
And he's now going into the final year of his contract, so Lille will probably want to sell him this summer. Transfermarkt has him at 50M euro, which is probably less than we could get for Dom.
We're not paying 50m for anyone.

We're not paying 50m for anyone.
Well, to be a bit pedantic, that was euro, which is £43M. This also may go down in the summer since his contract is almost up.

But how much do you think we'll get for Dom? I can't see the club letting him go for less than 50 or £60M. He just signed a new contract.

Unless we are in big FFP trouble and have to sell our best players for cash (from the accounting thread, it sounds like that's not the case), I'm not sure why we couldn't re-invest most of the sale money into his replacement.

I hope Dom stays.
Is he currently injured though ?
You know that's a prerequisite for any new AFCB signing these days:throw:
Well, that and being mere moments away from signing for Leeds :p

Never heard of the bloke but he does sound like he could be a pretty decent shout at the right price.

Never heard of the bloke but he does sound like he could be a pretty decent shout at the right price.
TBF for as much as I dislike them, they've picked up some great young players.

Could do worse than having a mole in their boardroom and gazumping all their deals!

Last edited:
Well, to be a bit pedantic, that was euro, which is £43M. This also may go down in the summer since his contract is almost up.

But how much do you think we'll get for Dom? I can't see the club letting him go for less than 50 or £60M. He just signed a new contract.

Unless we are in big FFP trouble and have to sell our best players for cash (from the accounting thread, it sounds like that's not the case), I'm not sure why we couldn't re-invest most of the sale money into his replacement.
Re investing all of the Dom money into one player who has no PL experience when we need to invest in other areas would be too risky.......25m -30m seems to be what we're comfortable with.

Listening to the Solent podcast Kris confirmed that Liverpool still have a 20% sell on so that reduces the amount we would get for him considerably

Yeah, I guess he's ineligible then. Hasn't had any real injuries in the last few years.
I think if he can be the highest scorer in Ligue 1 next to Mbappe, he could probably do a job for us. Got 24 goals last season, on pace for about 19 this season.
CAN has friendlies vs Netherlands and France in June, then Copa America where our group includes Argentina and Chile, so it'll be interesting to see what he can do there.

Yeah, I guess he's ineligible then. Hasn't had any real injuries in the last few years.
I think if he can be the highest scorer in Ligue 1 next to Mbappe, he could probably do a job for us. Got 24 goals last season, on pace for about 19 this season.
CAN has friendlies vs Netherlands and France in June, then Copa America where our group includes Argentina and Chile, so it'll be interesting to see what he can do there.
Good shout , we shall see what transpires.

Brentford have reportedly lowered their expectations for Toney, now pricing him at circa £45m… This says a lot of what we might expect, offer-wise, for Dom…

We’re in a bit of a tough situation really with Dom as we ‘apparently’ rejected a £40m offer from WHU last summer… 12 months and 18-20 goals later, surely his valuation should have increased by some way, but if the Toney valuation is accurate, our expectations of £50-£60m might be unrealistic…

I’d love Dom to stay but you have to feel that if we’re going to capitalise on his potential worth, now is that time to do so…

Brentford have reportedly lowered their expectations for Toney, now pricing him at circa £45m… This says a lot of what we might expect, offer-wise, for Dom…

We’re in a bit of a tough situation really with Dom as we ‘apparently’ rejected a £40m offer from WHU last summer… 12 months and 18-20 goals later, surely his valuation should have increased by some way, but if the Toney valuation is accurate, our expectations of £50-£60m might be unrealistic…

I’d love Dom to stay but you have to feel that if we’re going to capitalise on his potential worth, now is that time to do so…

Toney only has 12 months left on his contract so the equation is different there. If they don't sell him this window he'll likely walk for free.

I agree it does put some downward pressure on pricing though.

Are Man Cheaty, Arsenal, Liverpool, going to buy him? No. How about the 3 promoted teams ? No. Will he choose a club that finishes lower than us this season very doubtful and also doubtful that any team that finishes lower than us will pay the ludicrous amounts mentioned on here. Tottenham? Possibly but their very shrewd owner won't pay the amounts mentioned on here. Villa ? Doubtful they would want Solanke as they are pretty well covered in that area. Chelsea? Doubt they will be able to spend anything . West Ham gets mentioned a lot but realistically are West Ham going to spend anywhere north of £35-40m for a forward whos had one good season? Very unlikely. For his stock to rise he needs next season to be the same or better than this one. I can't see him going anywhere through both choice and lack of offers the club find acceptable.

We could capitalise on his potential worth by not selling.

Are Man Cheaty, Arsenal, Liverpool, going to buy him? No. How about the 3 promoted teams ? No. Will he choose a club that finishes lower than us this season very doubtful and also doubtful that any team that finishes lower than us will pay the ludicrous amounts mentioned on here. Tottenham? Possibly but their very shrewd owner won't pay the amounts mentioned on here. Villa ? Doubtful they would want Solanke as they are pretty well covered in that area. Chelsea? Doubt they will be able to spend anything . West Ham gets mentioned a lot but realistically are West Ham going to spend anywhere north of £35-40m for a forward whos had one good season? Very unlikely. For his stock to rise he needs next season to be the same or better than this one. I can't see him going anywhere through both choice and lack of offers the club find acceptable.
Unless he was to go abroad ?

;