Dominic Solanke

Yes, really.

Ak-ay. Afob-ay. That's why it worked and was catchy. That's why Afobe's name was put in the song rather than, oh I don't know, Maximilian Alain Gradel.

Ak-ay. Ler-ma. Doesn't rhyme, doesn't work.

Why do I have to explain this every time? It has nothing to do with opinions, Lerma doesn't rhyme with Ake therefore the key part of song doesn't work.

Even with Solanke we're going to have to make sure Ake is pronounced Ak-ee not Ak-ay.

No one does anything to Karma Chameleon anymore

Back on the South End, late 80's I guess, someone once sang: "Come-a, come-a, come-a, come-a, come-a, come on you Reds, come on you Reds!"

Some wag on the terrace who was quite the joker (you can see him on the Great Escape video at the Brentford match congratulating Mel) sang back:

"You're an embarrassment!"

:wahey::wahey::wahey::wahey: BINGO

“I'm so happy that our club doesn't have the model of Palace or Bournemouth.

Spunk the money on players and wages and we will sort the infrastructure later. It's akin to buying a blue and watching it on a black and white telly.

Short Term FC the both of them.”

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?369232-Dominic-Solanke/page29

The same Brighton that have a huge massive debt that paid for their stadium? And who have spent decent chunks on quite a few players??

Short term....?? Palace have been at the top for a fair while! We have been here longer too.

That chap appears to be a bit of a dip!

We had Chukki to that tune, but was thinking of uniqueness and I can't recall hearing the tune at many other grounds in a long time

I'd like to think Solanke is a wise buy. He's young and appears to want to succeed. Under EH he has a good chance of doing that. He seems to have a better brain than our £15m guy from LFC. If he's willing to listen and learn then he'll come good.

He actually looks better coming on in games as a 10 tbf....just doesn't seem to be able to play with his back to goal.

Has there been any suggestion that we got Clyne as part of the £19m and not as a separate deal? The swiftness of the two deals, the fee and the whole Cardiff situation gives me a sense it's all linked. Although to be fair, between us and Cardiff it's a pretty easy choice I'd have said without any outside influence.

I think we need to see the lad play at least 30 minutes in a Carabao cup game next season in a team that has never played together. Then we will be totally justified in comfortably writing him off as a massive waste of money and the worst player to wear our shirt since King/ Cook/Ibe/Rico/ Mousset (delete as applicable to your own biased stupidity). :grinning:

:wahey::wahey::wahey::wahey: BINGO

“I'm so happy that our club doesn't have the model of Palace or Bournemouth.

Spunk the money on players and wages and we will sort the infrastructure later. It's akin to buying a blue and watching it on a black and white telly.

Short Term FC the both of them.”

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?369232-Dominic-Solanke/page29

This is the team that bought 14 players in the summer... only 5 were featured in the 18 man selection against us! Good dealing right there!

Has there been any suggestion that we got Clyne as part of the £19m and not as a separate deal? The swiftness of the two deals, the fee and the whole Cardiff situation gives me a sense it's all linked. Although to be fair, between us and Cardiff it's a pretty easy choice I'd have said without any outside influence.
I think Warnock's already suggested it. So have a great many Dorset based Liverpool supporters.

;