Dominic Solanke

The deal for Clyne and Solanke does smell of a joint purchase... Clyne probably added a few million on but it will pro go through as a free signing at the end of the season (He is out of contract isn't he?).

Love how everyone loves to be ITK on these football deals... Especially our coastal friends down the A27

The deal for Clyne and Solanke does smell of a joint purchase... Clyne probably added a few million on but it will pro go through as a free signing at the end of the season (He is out of contract isn't he?).

Love how everyone loves to be ITK on these football deals... Especially our coastal friends down the A27
Clyne's just a loan, his contract doesn't finish with Liverpool until next Summer. But supposedly he's got a £90k weekly wage and then usually there's a loan fee as well. I just suspect/hope that all of those expenses are tied into the £19m instead of being on top.

Typical Liverpool fans,
The Scousers think we are mad paying 19m for a player who has only scored one EPL goal. they say he is rubbish and would never play for them because they are the best team in Europe.
What a mad bunch.
I don't think they know how old he is and what magic Eddie can produce.
Just hope this isn't another Ibe stitch-up.

I would not be worried about Solanke at the moment as by the time his injury has healed of which will be early February he then has to get fit to train properly. Then there will be a period where he will need to get match fit probably in the u23 side. By the time he gets up to Premier League match fitness level it could be around mid-March before his full potential will be displayed. At the moment Solanke may as well not be here.

Clyne's just a loan, his contract doesn't finish with Liverpool until next Summer. But supposedly he's got a £90k weekly wage and then usually there's a loan fee as well. I just suspect/hope that all of those expenses are tied into the £19m instead of being on top.

Highly unlikely that Liverpool would want any loan fee or indeed % of Clynes wages to be included in the Solanke fees for a whole series of reasons including
1) A percentage of the fee has to be paid to the PFA.
2) It’s rumoured and indeed highly likely that Liverpool will have to pay Chelsea a % of the any transfer profit.
3) The player is almost certainly entitled to a % of the fee

If anything it would make more sense to pay a higher loan fee and a reduced transfer fee.

Having said all that I doubt the sum going out is anything like £19 million and that level of fee would only be achieved if Solanke and indeed AFC hit a whole series of targets some achievable but a number just wishful thinking

Cherrybright obviously not very bright if you think we won’t realise that you are in fact smhinto ! I’ve never seen or heard anybody use ‘of which’ the way you do ! But I can’t be arsed educating you, I’m off to do some shopping of which I may do in Sainsbury’s. Oh bugger....

Cherrybright obviously not very bright if you think we won’t realise that you are in fact smhinto ! I’ve never seen or heard anybody use ‘of which’ the way you do ! But I can’t be arsed educating you, I’m off to do some shopping of which I may do in Sainsbury’s. Oh bugger....

come again?

And

And who did we pip to signing Solanke? It was ....allegedly Brighton!

Yes! - and they had a thread of something like 29 pages on NSC about it.
Admittedly a lot of the thread was concerning why he had flown into Southampton, and whether or not it was possible to fly from Liverpool or Manchester direct to Gatwick!

However, they maintain (and let's face it, NSC know all about everybody else's finances) that Palace wanted a loan because they are saving all their money to spend on infrastructure, so won't buy any players!

Yes! - and they had a thread of something like 29 pages on NSC about it.
Admittedly a lot of the thread was concerning why he had flown into Southampton, and whether or not it was possible to fly from Liverpool or Manchester direct to Gatwick!

However, they maintain (and let's face it, NSC know all about everybody else's finances) that Palace wanted a loan because they are saving all their money to spend on infrastructure, so won't buy any players!
All the pages on Infrastructures site before Palace and us got interested were a majority praising what a great signing he would be for them. After that, he's not worth it!

They are a sanctimonious moaning bunch of fans!

I would not be worried about Solanke at the moment as by the time his injury has healed of which will be early February he then has to get fit to train properly. Then there will be a period where he will need to get match fit probably in the u23 side. By the time he gets up to Premier League match fitness level it could be around mid-March before his full potential will be displayed. At the moment Solanke may as well not be here.
Mid-March, you say.... that would be wonderful. Our fixtures starting March 9 include Hudds, Newcastle, LCFC, Burnley, Brighton, Fulham, Southampton, Spurs and Palace. Having him in a strong squad for that stretch could be a great enhancement to making a record run. I'll take it - thanks for pointing it out!!

Highly unlikely that Liverpool would want any loan fee or indeed % of Clynes wages to be included in the Solanke fees for a whole series of reasons including
1) A percentage of the fee has to be paid to the PFA.
2) It’s rumoured and indeed highly likely that Liverpool will have to pay Chelsea a % of the any transfer profit.
3) The player is almost certainly entitled to a % of the fee

If anything it would make more sense to pay a higher loan fee and a reduced transfer fee.

Having said all that I doubt the sum going out is anything like £19 million and that level of fee would only be achieved if Solanke and indeed AFC hit a whole series of targets some achievable but a number just wishful thinking
You're quite right, I'm sure it's a lot more complex than pay x amount, get y back. But it's not unheard of as a concept. Kovacic is on loan at Chelsea as part of the Courtois deal for example, granted I don't know whether Chelsea will have paid/be paying anything towards that separately but "free" loans are also not an uncommon thing. To my knowledge, there don't tend to be % fees for the players, rather a set signing bonus, but I could be wrong about that, and loan players are unlikely to get any bonus beyond their regular wage. It could explain why Clyne sounded like it was done but didn't get announced until after Solanke. This is pure speculation obviously, I just agree with you that while '£19m plus addons' is being quoted it is unlikely to be that simple.

;