Dominic Solanke

Brett and Clarke scored 26 (Clarke got over 30 if you include cups but let’s not) I’ve checked and Chukki just got the 1 so could be a mammoth season for Dom in terms of recent records.

And then for the third year out of four we will vote for a keeper as player of the year!

And player of the month…. Which Dom still hasn’t won.

Took 10 years to get a song for Brett and stop moaning about him. Never really had a song for Steve Cook. Had three for Rantie.

Proof that to be truly loved by this fan base in my many years experience you have to either wear gloves or be bang average but work hard and charge around like you are on coke.

Brett and Clarke scored 26 (Clarke got over 30 if you include cups but let’s not) I’ve checked and Chukki just got the 1 so could be a mammoth season for Dom in terms of recent records.

And then for the third year out of four we will vote for a keeper as player of the year!

Took 10 years to get a song for Brett and stop moaning about him. Never really had a song for Steve Cook. Had three for Rantie.

Proof that to be truly loved by this fan base in my many years experience you have to either wear gloves or be bang average but work hard and charge around like you are on coke.
Like Wade Elliott ;-)

I liked the ability to switch with the Lowe / Solanke pairing yesterday. How are you supposed to mark Dom when one minute he's grafting near the halfway line winning the ball and spraying passes out to the flanks, and then the next minute he's leading the line on the shoulder of the last defender. It was nice to see Dom have more support up there.

Dom surely has to win player of the season this year. Would feel harsh on Travers but as we've seen great keeper performances are fairly common yet 25+ goal seasons are incredibly rare.

Dom, if you're reading this, and I'm sure you are, bag winners against Fulham and Forest and you get my vote. :thumbup:

Dom surely has to win player of the season this year. Would feel harsh on Travers but as we've seen great keeper performances are fairly common yet 25+ goal seasons are incredibly rare.

Dom, if you're reading this, and I'm sure you are, bag winners against Fulham and Forest and you get my vote. :thumbup:
You’d think so but I bet Travers gets it.

I liked the ability to switch with the Lowe / Solanke pairing yesterday. How are you supposed to mark Dom when one minute he's grafting near the halfway line winning the ball and spraying passes out to the flanks, and then the next minute he's leading the line on the shoulder of the last defender. It was nice to see Dom have more support up there.

I always suspected his plan was for Moore and Dom to play together at least sometime and I think yesterday shows he likes Dom deeper as well as on his own up top.

We've had criticism of recruitment this season so it's only fair to say that Lowe has been an excellent signing. Players who only get fleeting chances in the side but buckle down and produce the goods when called upon are so valuable. Hugely important goals from him.

Dom has been brilliant this season. I think he works harder than any other player, often for scant reward. There was a moment last week when he made an excellent run for from centre to left flank. Kelly ignored this. Dom showed he was frustrated. But he keeps making the runs. He never seems to get disheartened. He Is Mr 100%.

It really does annoy me when people post things such as "and second highest of all time"!!! I agree with LewSwimmin's comment above, they obviously have forgotten the great Ron Eyre!

For the record our highest 'seasonal' scorers are:

Ted MacDougall..... 70/71..... 42 goals..... Div 4
Ted MacDougall..... 71/72..... 35 goals..... Div 3
Ron Eyre..... 28/29..... 32 goals..... Div 3 (S)
Ron Eyre..... 27/28..... 30 goals..... Div 3 (S)
Doug McGibbon..... 48/49..... 30 goals..... Div 3 (S)
Stan Newsham..... 56/57..... 30 goals..... Div 3 (S)
Ron Eyre..... 26/27..... 29 goals..... Div 3 (S)
Dom Solanke..... 21/22..... 29 goals..... Champ (DIV 2 Equivalent)

There are too many journalists who think that pre-war and certainly pre-Premier League records don't count.

On a separate issue, just how well has Dom done, eh?! All of those others are 50 years ago and more. With absolutely NO disrespect to the others, they did play against much less organised defences, but they made the most of it.

How lucky we are to have Dom, not just his goals, but his unselfish team ethic, what an asset he is.

A side note to the above - apologies for being a statto, but I think (hope) some of you may find the above stats interesting

Was just going to ask where you got the stats from. I couldn't find anything online about Ron's season totals but his overall total was huge for only nine seasons. Do you have all of the totals by season?

;