Dominic Solanke

Sums Garth up. Picks Solanke and instead of a paragraph explaining why, spends most of the text talking about Spurs lol
Yes, a bit unfair on Solanke I thought but I suppose as we were playing Spurs this weekend, he had to let off his steam somewhere.
He did praise Dom pre-rant though, so fair enough really.

Saturday's goal was a good example of the sort of chances Dom is best at taking - first time and no time to overthink it, just react. And then his bullying of the Spurs defender to win the 50/50 and tee up Dango was classic stuff.

Dom's goals tend to come in patches and it'd be a very handy time for Dom to get in the finishing groove (to add to all his usual qualities).

I think Solanke is one of those players you notice when they are not there (we certainly did) as they are pivotal to the way a team plays without troubling the record books. Like Surman.. or Fletch or O’Driscoll in years gone by.
Dom's the modern day Carl Richards.

Saturday's goal was a good example of the sort of chances Dom is best at taking - first time and no time to overthink it, just react. And then his bullying of the Spurs defender to win the 50/50 and tee up Dango was classic stuff.

Dom's goals tend to come in patches and it'd be a very handy time for Dom to get in the finishing groove (to add to all his usual qualities).
Yeah but remember he can't finish, has no strength, no pace and no control...

Got to commend his work rate, but my goodness his quality on the ball (assist aside) was very poor tonight. I think he’s been doing well recently but tonight really was one of those nights where he looked like a championship striker playing at a level that is a bit above him. As well as he has been doing recently, I just can’t see him ever being clinical enough to even hit ten goals in a season at this level. It’s a tricky one, because he offers a lot with his ability to run the channels and to create for others, but at a certain point doesn’t your main forward have to be a reliable goal threat? Think he could be very good as a support striker playing with a more clinical partner, but not as the main focal point of an attack at this level. Strikes me as a bit of a ‘Joelinton situation,’ the ability is certainly there to be a good player at this level, just not as an out and out centre forward.

Got to commend his work rate, but my goodness his quality on the ball (assist aside) was very poor tonight. I think he’s been doing well recently but tonight really was one of those nights where he looked like a championship striker playing at a level that is a bit above him. As well as he has been doing recently, I just can’t see him ever being clinical enough to even hit ten goals in a season at this level. It’s a tricky one, because he offers a lot with his ability to run the channels and to create for others, but at a certain point doesn’t your main forward have to be a reliable goal threat? Think he could be very good as a support striker playing with a more clinical partner, but not as the main focal point of an attack at this level. Strikes me as a bit of a ‘Joelinton situation,’ the ability is certainly there to be a good player at this level, just not as an out and out centre forward.
Knob

It’s weird how people see a game differently. I was thinking on several occasions tonight he must be a nightmare to play against. He dragged them all over the place and was a right handful. He will rediscover goal scoring form I’m sure. Maybe if we had a forward as a coach or someone to work with him. Our biggest worry should be someone higher taking a punt on him as back up.

It’s weird how people see a game differently. I was thinking on several occasions tonight he must be a nightmare to play against. He dragged them all over the place and was a right handful. He will rediscover goal scoring form I’m sure. Maybe if we had a forward as a coach or someone to work with him. Our biggest worry should be someone higher taking a punt on him as back up.
Exactly what I was thinking. He’s here there and everywhere and has pace to beat you and control in tight spaces. A really tough player to cover, he has so many aspects to his play which can hurt you. Unselfish too, so whilst you’re worrying about him, he’s always looking for a runner to lay it off to and make you look stupid.
Great stamina and availability too ( sorry Stan, not a dig ).
He must surely be our most important player, even if he doesn’t score the most goals ? I’m thinking that he might deserve a pay rise :)

Room for improvement but has qualities your post does not even begin to address

Dom always leaves the pitch having given everything for the team..I can’t ask for anymore from a player…his away performances recently have been key to us picking up vital points…he is no Haaland or Kane BUT has to recognised for being a managers dream and so important to our club…

There was once when he had the ball last night out on the left, maybe around 30 minutes, where we had 4 other players in the box near the 6 yard line for the cross. A rare sight this season where he's usually on his own or perhaps Billing or a winger on the edge of the box. If we did that more regularly (and not all lined up in the same place, spread out at different places) we'd have scored tons more and people wouldn't be on his back about scoring goals.

;