Dominic Solanke

You could probably get Kelechi Iheanacho for 10 million who scored the same amount of goals as Dom last season in half the minutes.

I’m genuinely excited to see Dom play in a more progressive system with more teammates in the attacking half with him.

If he can score 30 goals in the Championship, I think he can comfortably get 15 in the Prem with the right management.
There are probably now many more opportunities for attacking partnerships to form. We will be playing him in from the midfield, from the wings and still the occasional long ball. It will take time for the various partnerships to form but when they do, when that telepathy between players has been developed, he should get way more decent opportunities than he has been used to getting. If he can convert a fair few of those initially ( like the last one - ice cold - brilliant ! ), his confidence in front of goal could soar and suddenly 15 in a season could be achievable.

We've always asked a lot from Solanke. Now he really needs to focus on ( (C) Old Cherry ) "putting the ball in the onion bag" :p

We could end up seeing a very different Dom this season. Or we could not - at which point surely, AI's thoughts will turn to a more ruthless converter of chances to take us to the next level.

Over to you Dom :) I think you can do this :thumbup:

Last edited:
A few weeks back there was a season preview on Solent and Kris Temple mentioned a West Ham bid saying "it was laughed out the room" and "Solanke isn't for sale at any price".
Also, from Solanke's point of view, now might not be the best time to move with a littlen on the way. Maybe for a dream move he would, but to Hammers??

Dom is perfect for AI’s game plan

Dominic Solanke scored for the first time in an opening league game with his equalising goal against West Ham (taken from preview).

Some will say it was a ‘lucky’ goal, but he was in the right place at the right time, didn’t panic and shoot but cooly took the ball around the keeper and poked it into the net.

Last edited:

;