Dominic Solanke

No doubt.
It's just that now I can imagine AFCB surviving without his goals whereas for the past couple of seasons I simply couldn't.
Yes for sure. Pattison Daka has just got back in Leicesters side and scored a couple. We nearly got him deadline day. I wonder if we will go back and get him to either replace or be an understudy…

I’d expect most players to have some kind of release clause. No matter how loyal and devoted, most would want to okay for a top club.

For the first time ever we have a group of young players with such potential.

I pray to God these reports of us placing a valuation of 50m on him are untrue. No issue with players leaving, it’s part of the process. But we NEED to get market value or what is the point? 50m would be underselling considerably, the stance should be that we don’t even start discussions unless the opening bid is 75m. He is on course to score 20+ for goodness sake, we would be complete mugs to sell him for 50. I really hope that it’s true, or else criticism aimed at our recruitment team for being out of their depth would be justified imo.

Credit to the recruitment staff for signing someone for fee that we could double after also getting more than our fair share of rewards from his performances.

Such a tricky position to recruit in. Dom is clearly a huge success story but even then he took his time to find his feet. He was used as a example of our poor recruitment for a long time - not especially by Neil D in my memory before I'm accused of playing the same record. We need a striker even if he stays and £20m will only get you one who is flawed for one reason or another.

I don't particularly mind how much we get for him if he goes. It's the replacement that is key. We need to do as well as replacing Grabban with Wilson for the same money. Easier said than done.

I pray to God these reports of us placing a valuation of 50m on him are untrue. No issue with players leaving, it’s part of the process. But we NEED to get market value or what is the point? 50m would be underselling considerably, the stance should be that we don’t even start discussions unless the opening bid is 75m. He is on course to score 20+ for goodness sake, we would be complete mugs to sell him for 50. I really hope that it’s true, or else criticism aimed at our recruitment team for being out of their depth would be justified imo.
I guess it depends what his release clause price is. Without that, he's worth £75m (on the Richarlison scale). But to persuade him to sign an extended contract we might have had to agree to ?£40m?

Anyone know if there's any dues owed to Liverpool to factor into a sale equation?
Would be very hesitant to consider anything this side of the summer.
Good on Dom and AFCB for attracting the interest though, a sign of good form.

Anyone know if there's any dues owed to Liverpool to factor into a sale equation?
Would be very hesitant to consider anything this side of the summer.
Good on Dom and AFCB for attracting the interest though, a sign of good form.

If I remember right, Liverpool have a 20% sell on clause and a buy back clause.

I guess it depends what his release clause price is. Without that, he's worth £75m (on the Richarlison scale). But to persuade him to sign an extended contract we might have had to agree to ?£40m?
You would think that his agent would have been shrewd enough to include a buyout clause in the new contract and at the time, 50m would have seemed about right for both parties, I would imagine. So that might be where this number is coming from. Obviously, the way he has started this season, that now seems a bit on the low side but nobody could have known that at the time.

I try not to worry about these things. Players come and go and you can't blame them. I look at it this way. Every player leaving presents us with an opportunity to find someone even better to take their place.

:utc: and well done to Dom for doing enough to attract the interest !

Agree. He's worth much more than 50 million at the moment.

If I remember right, Liverpool have a 20% sell on clause and a buy back clause.

But Liverpool could be set for a further pay-out should Bournemouth be persuaded to sell the in-form striker, with club sources confirming Michael Edwards negotiated both a 20% profit sell-on clause and a buyback clause as part of the 2019 transfer.

Reactions: DJ
You would think that his agent would have been shrewd enough to include a buyout clause in the new contract and at the time, 50m would have seemed about right for both parties, I would imagine. So that might be where this number is coming from. Obviously, the way he has started this season, that now seems a bit on the low side but nobody could have known that at the time.

I try not to worry about these things. Players come and go and you can't blame them. I look at it this way. Every player leaving presents us with an opportunity to find someone even better to take their place.

:utc: and well done to Dom for doing enough to attract the interest !
Wise words. I guess ultimately, squads have to be resilient enough to cope with key players moving on. I wouldn't want to see Dom leave in the middle of a season, but as much as I will be sad to see him leave when he surely eventually does, good teams need to have replacements lined up or ideally already in the squad waiting to step up. Dom has the potential to lead the line for England one day I think. He's doing a great job for us, and it's been fantastic watching him grow as a player. Ultimately though, unless you're a top 4 club, I think you have to cash in at the right price/right time and let a player spread their wings when they are ready to.

Brennan Johnson 45 - 48 million springs to mind. We should be looking at considerably more if he does want a move.

I don’t think Solanke will want to leave anytime soon, even if he scores 20 league goals and has big clubs knocking on his door at the end of the season.

He’s already been the little fish in the big pond and I can’t see him going for that again.

The club is growing, he’s captain general here and is still young.

If he has 2 or 3 seasons like this half season he’s having now, then maybe, but can’t see it happening this summer.

I don’t think Solanke will want to leave anytime soon, even if he scores 20 league goals and has big clubs knocking on his door at the end of the season.

He’s already been the little fish in the big pond and I can’t see him going for that again.

The club is growing, he’s captain general here and is still young.

If he has 2 or 3 seasons like this half season he’s having now, then maybe, but can’t see it happening this summer.
Often when players feel.they have failed in the past, they think they have something to prove to themselves, so will want a top 4 club move. Whether Dom fits into this category or not, I guess time will tell. He's doing really well at the moment and for now I guess he and we can enjoy this.

I wouldnt of thought it would of been a massive persuasion for him to sign as he didn't get a good return last season
to add we as fans know what he was worth to the team but would other clubs have been real keen after last season

Last edited:

;