Down with Eddie....or.....??

davygravy

Fans' Favourite
A post on Twitter earlier - they stated they would rather we eventually went down with Eddie...and kept him to try and come back up....than sack him and stay up with someone else in charge.

What would you choose if you had to??

Stick not twist but this is going to be a rough ride for Sir Eddie I reckon. What happened to our ‘Together Anything Is Possible’ motto?

The press are jumping on board..606 were quick with it tonight suggesting Eddie might be on borrowed time, Souness ripping into Eddie before the game today.

I was watching MOTD last night...our press coverage over the last few years compared to Hudds / Brighton has been immense.

I get the feeling the 'dream is all over' thing with Eddie is going to rear its ugly head.

There's that many mediocre teams in the top flight atm that they need narratives to make half the games interesting. They loved selling us as a 'plucky miracle' and now they can push the 'miracle is over' angle. It's all b*llocks but since when have they cared about any club outside the top six?

SlowDownDerek - 17/12/2017 22:17

There's that many mediocre teams in the top flight atm that they need narratives to make half the games interesting. They loved selling us as a 'plucky miracle' and now they can push the 'miracle is over' angle. It's all b*llocks but since when have they cared about any club outside the top six?

Totally agree with this.

I still think outside of the top 5/6,anyone can beat anyone in the Prem.

Not sure what the solution is but no one is bigger than the club and that includes howe. Sometimes things just get old and stale like with wenger and a freshness is needed to inject some new ideas to players and maybe a change is needed to get us to the next level. If we go down the new ground etc may be off and it’s not easy to come straight back up as players leave in their droves

Its probably Eddie Howe more than the club.

Ordinarily we would probably slide away but the whole media sector wont forget the bloke they were bigging up as the next messiah in English Football.

If we go down its going to be painful in more ways than one.

We haven't hit the heights this season that's for sure but if we won our next game we'd be on 19 points, which is about right for survival at the halfway stage. For whatever reason our next game is Man City when it should have been West Ham. Arguably if we beat West Ham on boxing day we're still on target.

We need a reaction from these players - and tbf whenever we've needed one before we've got one.

lofty1971 - 17/12/2017 22:12

Stick not twist but this is going to be a rough ride for Sir Eddie I reckon. What happened to our ‘Together Anything Is Possible’ motto?

Agree. That has disappeared recently , along with the “ fast starts “ to games.
It’s been very average overall , we are definitely in a relegation scrap .
The team looked like a lower league side in a Cup match today .

The stupid thing is,the media are jumping on any club that gets near the bottom 3 and starts to ask questions of the manager.
I listen to Talksport and a few weeks ago they never stopped talking about Everton,then Palace,then it was West Ham,now they are starting on Newcastle.
Doubtless if we drop into the bottom 3 next week they will be talking about us.
If we had beaten Saints the other week we would have been eleventh,I think fourteenth had we won today.
The margins are so fine and the bottom half so tight that literally anyone could go down.
Since we beat Newcastle they have dropped like a stone,whereas they looked comfortable to stay up a few weeks ago.
I'm sure there are 3 teams worse than us,at the moment I think Stoke,West Brom,Brighton,Hudds,Swansea are all worse than us.
For me we didn't pick up enough points in November to make thus difficult period seem better,we were far too cautious up at Swansea and also missed a trick against Saints.
Howe isn't immune to criticism and he will rightly be getting some at the moment because we are in our third season and seem to be going backwards.
I couldn't care less if we go down on a personal level,but I would love to see the club grow like Saints ,Reading and Brighton have by getting the training facilities and new ground in place for future generations.
For that reason only we need to preserve our Premier League status.
I can't see us sacking Eddie,but who is out there who can do better than him at this point?

It's not just about Eddie, it's the whole backroom staff. If Eddie goes a new manager will bring in all new staff.

Eddie should stay whatever happens.

Interesting point there though Fritter is I think Eddie should change some of his back room staff. Never did Fergie any harm.

To the original post...Eddie should stay if we go down. Every championship club is looking for a manager who knows how to win that league and we have one.

I guess it's more than staff, it's the infrastructure. We have lived through an extraordinary period of time. We are now hitting reality. Bringing on players from lower leagues will no longer work. Trouble is that established players cost top dollar. For most teams this is what being in the premier league is. Striving to finish 4th from bottom. The majority of teams have been in this division for less than 10 years.

We are not your a typical Premier League club, so the answer isn't the bog standard sack the boss and join the managerial merrygoround that the media love.

We are a lower league club that's in the Premier League on merit due almost solely down to Eddie Howe.

We are apparently awash with non Premier League quality players and those that apparently are, are underperforming far too frequently.

Howe has got them performing above themselves more often than not to get us to this point.

Another manager couldn't get more out of the likes of Francis, Cook, Daniels, Arter, Surman, Gosling, Pugh etc so a change wouldn't suit us short term and longer term we know Howe will improve and develop the younger/newer players just as he has done before with the previously named crop of players.

Spot on DJ :35:

We should remember that without Eddie and Max there would be no Club. No administation- just liquidation. For me, Eddie is unsackable for all that he has done for us.

;