Eddie Howe - AFCB - Newcastle United

See his now more of a favourite to be sacked over Andoni , 6-1 sky bet , his odds gone right down .. would be crazy ! There fans love him .. as did we .. looking at there fixtures and squad etc it's going to be a tough month ahead for them .. but sacking Eddie would be crazy .. as would it be Andoni ( which we won't thankfully !! ).

I obviously think / know there is nothing in a story from anybody who would claim the Newcastle United board have decided Eddie Howe has taken things as far as he can at this point. A point where NUFC have the second best form of any Premier League club these past 10 weeks and with 12 players unavailable at Bournemouth once Almiron was forced off early in the match.

Considering just how tightly things are controlled at Newcastle United these days in terms of nothing leaking out, with no NUFC journalist even having a clue before any match as to which players are / aren’t available, to believe that ‘Tony’ or indeed any other media, made up or otherwise, would somehow have knowledge of a secret Newcastle United board meeting AND what was talked about and decided, is a ‘little’ unlikely.

If anything is ‘leaked’ out at Newcastle United board level then these days you know that this is deliberate for sure, the club using trusted journalists to put whatever ‘leak’ they want to put out.

I thought Ed looked very worried at DC on Saturday....another defeat in the next few games and I think he's gone !

Shouldn't be. ..and their fans won't be happy...but this is where we are with the PL..and these foreigners with their MONEY !

See his now more of a favourite to be sacked over Andoni , 6-1 sky bet , his odds gone right down .. would be crazy ! There fans love him .. as did we .. looking at there fixtures and squad etc it's going to be a tough month ahead for them .. but sacking Eddie would be crazy .. as would it be Andoni ( which we won't thankfully !! ).
It Is crazy. He's not getting sacked any time soon. The fans, though, are fickle (like most fans) and will turn against him if they lose too many more matches, especially against the likes of us. I think the owners have full confidence in Eddie for now and the foreseeable.

It Is crazy. He's not getting sacked any time soon. The fans, though, are fickle (like most fans) and will turn against him if they lose too many more matches, especially against the likes of us. I think the owners have full confidence in Eddie for now and the foreseeable.
The owners will turn before the fans. But agree they have total confidence in him and rightly so.

Many football fans are totally irrational about Results and Managers...sometimes due to being plain thick...otherwise through impatience and frustration.
O'Neil case in point sadly.

Fear for Eddie that he will eventually become a victim of his success from last season.

They got Champions League before they had any right to, and got to a cup final to boot. Expectation levels have risen due to that but the big problem they have is that it has happened too soon for them in some ways, they just don’t have the squad to be competing in multiple competitions at this moment in time. Players are being stretched to the limit and are breaking down, they don’t have the squad depth to cope. Having to rely on the likes of Matt Ritchie and Paul Dummet as a champions league side is crazy. It’s almost impossible for them to emulate the success of last season and I’m not sure their board will accept that.

If Eddie does go....who will be the lucky club that gets his services next ?
Here's a. wild stab at it.... :unsure: Burnley !

:loser: Only playing :throw:

Not sure why the general consensus on the Newcastle owners is that they are impatient and won’t give Howe the a chance if things stall slightly.

They are the same owners who gave him the job, yep, second choice yadda yadda, but they did still make the choice when other big clubs had over looked him.

There’s no evidence to say that they’ll forget everything he’s achieved, quicker than they realistically would have targeted.

Not sure why the general consensus on the Newcastle owners is that they are impatient and won’t give Howe the a chance if things stall slightly.

They are the same owners who gave him the job, yep, second choice yadda yadda, but they did still make the choice when other big clubs had over looked him.

There’s no evidence to say that they’ll forget everything he’s achieved, quicker than they realistically would have targeted.
There is this concept when it comes to fast tracking success with endless money pits of having stepping stone appointments.

You can't just poach Pep and buy the best players in the land you need to appoint people incrementally.

I'm not sure who is a big enough name to replace Howe but if they were available and interested I don't think they would hesitate long to replace him.

Personally, I'd back him to grow as the stature of the team does.

;