Eddie Howe - New Stadium Vital

Twas a joke my friend..I think many share your sentiments to some degree and we all know exactly where the club could end up if this all goes horribly wrong.

Sorry - tbf it's not like I could complain if I did genuinely get told to eff off from time to time. :whist:

Don't think he club have exactly bulls#####ed that much but No Communication is just as bad.
Can't deny the great ride they have given us but once you start the ball rolling you gotta keep it rolling!
Thought when the Americans joined us, it was kinda swell and we would see some rockets launched. Gee you guys- time to Get the Cats on the Dancefloor. Be my guest and show me a good time. Knock it out of the ballpark! A decent sized Cherrydome is all we ask and for you to take pride in for building it and add yourselves to the legends!

You don't remember?

They waited as long as they possibly could to indicate what their plans about developing DC were. Speculation had naturally reached fever pitch at that stage because we were getting promoted to the top flight with the smallest ground in the competition's history and we also had thousands of people desparate for tickets.

So they say... nothing... for ages. Then they come out with some back-of-fag-packet drawings of an extended south stand and, almost reluctantly release a statement about future plans. THAT was bullshit.

Why should anyone believe anything they've said since? Of course negotiations are at a delicate stage which is why they've been quiet... delicately poised for four years? Pull the other one. Best case scenario is that they are incompetent - more likely is that they don't give a ****.
oh I see. Your feelings are hurt over the redevelopment of the existing stadium plans.

Three weeks ago Bill was calling people fools who knew nothing about stadium construction. Now he's an expert in why this, why that.

Meanwhile SDD is having a temper tantrum confusing building project delays with Bullshit (in capitals no less).

None of us have any clue, the only issue from my perspective is communication.

oh I see. Your feelings are hurt over the redevelopment of the existing stadium plans.

My 'feelings are hurt' because they've not built a new ground or increased capacity of the existing one. I think we need a bigger capacity btw.

I answered your question as to why I don't believe what they say.

South Stand extension postponed in lieu of new stadium?

Maybe they just changed their mind and went for the bigger option? Maybe one day it'll go back to the extension, who knows? Doesn't make it BULLSHIT though necessarily.

South Stand extension postponed in lieu of new stadium?

Maybe they just changed their mind and went for the bigger option? Maybe one day it'll go back to the extension, who knows? Doesn't make it BULLSHIT though necessarily.

Like you say though Rob communication has been dreadful and, so far, nothing they've said on the issue seems to have happened. As far as I'm concerned it's all bullshit until proved otherwise. The cynicism is their fault too.

I'm only expert on everything ( or maybe nothing) Rob because I've picked the brains of so many other punters over the past few years I've been reading these threads. I was 'read only' for about 5 years, then decided to start gobbing off when I retired from full-time time work. My posts range from utter nonsensical garbage to bordering on Einstein or Hawking.
The only area I'm strong on with football is the history side of Boscombe from 1900 to 2000 and sometimes my memory is a bit shaky on that.
My pet subject is Communication - in all things. Humour is essential too!
I find your posts quite pithy and honest, sometimes terse in a sort of tactful way.. and seldom wrong imo.That's good and your support of the club is ..well it must be as good as any known!

I

Einstein/Hawking?
You don't have to be Nostradamus to predict that 20/21 is highly unlikely.

It's a shame, but a couple of new defenders, a midfield enforcer, and a regular goalscorer will take priority over getting 20K in every other weekend.
I think deep down, most will take PL safety over stadium.

I may have missed a lot here but I thought it was stated some time ago that planning permission would be sought in September. I have I got that wrong?

:utc:

People can accuse those that think the club has been poor on this issue of having temper tantrums, hurt feelings or needing a hug all they like but the fact remains that the club has been extremely poor in their communication on this issue.

It is also the single most important issue that we have faced in the last five years and collectively we know sod all. In some people's eyes this is apparently the fault of the fans that want more info or action rather than the club - weird conclusion to draw that.

Planning permision in September sought? If that's the case it has then to shift from sought to approved! More months waiting.

Down here in Cornwall planning permission is usually ' Bought ' if you know what I mean! I suspect it's the same everywhere!

I'm sure SDD is only one of thousands of us being 'cynical'....why would we be any other way especially those that buy STs and/or spend money going to away games, in other words SUPPORTING the club!
We only ask to know what is Happening...We are not going to skip off to Old Trafford!

the club has been extremely poor in their communication on this issue

Personally I think that no info is better than actual bullshit info. We want to know, of course we do, but I'd rather not be told we'll have it next year, then it's slipped to Christmas, later we're looking at next summer. That will placate fans in the short term, but at the end of the day I prefer to give a deadline a distance in the future than keep slipping a deadline

;