Eddie Howe - New Stadium Vital

It matters to me as in my 50 plus years of watching I have always wanted us to play in the highest league possible. Now we are there I want us to stay there.
In any event its not an either or question. The best possible chance of improving the long term infrastructure and building the fan base is by staying in the PL. If we drop back to the lower reaches of the Championship we would struggle to getover 6 or 7,000 for unattractive home games and no one is going to build a new stadium based on that.

I think it's stalled because the owners/investors have realised that the gap between us and the top dogs can't be bridged ( or a bridge too far for Eddie) and are quite perplexed as to a way forward at this moment. The money spent on Ibe for example and wages of Jermaine didn't make the impact expected by them after the 9th place finish.
If it's only stalled and/or carries on at slow pace they are going be very cautious about types of Signings and how much is spent on new Stadium and Facilities.
They will have observed and learned things from watching clubs like Everton, and West Ham struggle to get where many think they should be... and cast their eyes down upon Leeds and QPR etc and think " hang on a minute- what are we doing? " These are not emotional beings 90% of the time!
Wouldn't surprise me if they lose interest in Our Dreams not far into the future and then anything can happen.

I think it's stalled because the owners/investors have realised that the gap between us and the top dogs can't be bridged ( or a bridge too far for Eddie) and are quite perplexed as to a way forward at this moment. The money spent on Ibe for example and wages of Jermaine didn't make the impact expected by them after the 9th place finish.
If it's only stalled and/or carries on at slow pace they are going be very cautious about types of Signings and how much is spent on new Stadium and Facilities.
They will have observed and learned things from watching clubs like Everton, and West Ham struggle to get where many think they should be... and cast their eyes down upon Leeds and QPR etc and think " hang on a minute- what are we doing? " These are not emotional beings 90% of the time!
Wouldn't surprise me if they lose interest in Our Dreams not far into the future and then anything can happen.

If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle, that's the thing
And always look on the bright side of life
Always look on the light side of life

Read more: Monty Python - Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Read more: Monty Python - Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life Lyrics | MetroLyrics

We all love the club, we all want the best for it, and we've all got a certain amount of cynicism, that said I can't help but chuckle about people giving possible reasons why it's 'stalled' or 'slowed', it hasn't. We don;t know that it has. I'd look at the training ground for evidence of this, as well as the earlier consults with the council about Kings Park. We see from transfer dealings that the club aren't interested in courting the press like West Ham do

I'd wager that the council have finally seen the benefit of the extra tourism that footy brings especially as it is mostly the 'off-season', so they'd rather have the consults private so as not to get bellends like Elaine bloody Finlay piping up to get their moment of fame. When we announced the training pitches everything bar the environment thing had already been greenlit by the council, and they sent a letter the Home Secretary recommending approval

None of us would have expected that a few years back, we all know how much the home game on a bank holiday ban hurt us, and many of us have thought that maybe the council were involved in some conspiracy to stop us getting promoted on those occasions that we got so close to playoffs in the past

I put a survey on twitter a few weeks ago asking if it was a straight choice between Premier League and no stadium or Stadium and relegation what would you chose. 80% (71 respondents) voted for Premier and no stadium.

You offered eternal Premier League status in exchange for not building the stadium? Not really a realistic proposition.

Ironically the growing rent would probably get to the stage where it would be cheaper to buy a new stadium.

We all love the club, we all want the best for it, and we've all got a certain amount of cynicism, that said I can't help but chuckle about people giving possible reasons why it's 'stalled' or 'slowed', it hasn't. We don;t know that it has. I'd look at the training ground for evidence of this, as well as the earlier consults with the council about Kings Park. We see from transfer dealings that the club aren't interested in courting the press like West Ham do

I genuinely wish I could be that optimistic. The only evidence we have of a stadium construction is that people are getting phone calls asking vaguely about what they might want.

Similiar sized stadiums to what we might want (construction time ONLY)
Brighton: 3 years
Huddersfield: 2 years (for 2 stands), 4 years to complete
Southampton: 2 years
Swansea: 2 years

Best case scenario would be if we started construction today we would have a slim chance to hit the 20/21 deadline.

As it stands there's no land, no plans, no permission, no construction contract and therefore based on current pace and guaranteed resistance to a bigger stadium in Kings Park, I would estimate that there will be no stadium until at least the 25/26 season which I think conveniently is when the lease on the ground expires and we could probably buy our existing stadium for a reasonable fee and push the new stadium (or redevelopment) back a few more years.

You offered eternal Premier League status in exchange for not building the stadium? Not really a realistic proposition.

Ironically the growing rent would probably get to the stage where it would be cheaper to buy a new stadium.

I’m not convinced by this growing rent argument. My understanding is it was fixed at £1000 per day. Even if it increases by 10% a year, it’s going to be many years until the rent costs become an issue with PL or even Championship revenue.

I know we have a few Structadene apologists on this forum, but given we are now over half way into this 25 year lease, I don’t think their position is particularly strong. While public news is scarce, I can imagine there are some quite complex 4-way negotiations going on behind the scenes with AFCB, the council, the athletics club and Structuredene.

Of course I want more news, but I’m not after any news at any cost which might jeapodise the negotiations. I have faith in the board to deliver.....just!

the club have no new information and people **************** the bed. The club do not provide minute by minute updates and people **************** the bed.

Best case scenario would be if we started construction today we would have a slim chance to hit the 20/21 deadline.

Swanseas took 18 months, even less and that was also built on the site of an old athletics stadium for what its worth. It started early 2004 and was ready for 2005/6 season. I bet constructions methods have increased dramatically in the last 14 years.

I appreciate no two projects are the same but its been reported that plans are to be released later this year- that could be any time in the next few months. If construction started In Jan next year then its sounds doable within Blakes timeframe.

I can understand the bitterness if this thing never happens but it just might. Who would promise their loyal fans a new stadium (remember we were happy with a bigger South Stand ) and fail to deliver after 4 years of PL football .That would be pretty unforgivable considering all we really want is some kind of increased capacity. We aren't exactly a needy lot.

I struggle over the lack of consultation. I'm not sure I get the 'things may be at a delicate stage or we don't want to stir a hornets nest '...if locals didn't want it surely there would be a Findlay led bandwagon a rolling to cut the club off at the pass before plans were even submitted- there's nothing.

We know the club are experts in saying very little and love the big announcements perhaps they're wrapping it all up like some big Christmas present....or nothings actually happening.

How much slower can it get ?
The fools that think a new stadium is coming by 2021-22 are making up projections that have no people taking action on. Know-alls that know only pictures in their heads of what they think will happen.

Fences appearing around meadows with sheep grazing nearby. That is possibly for houses not a training complex for a football club.

All over this country councils are concerned only with building houses, closing libraries and preserving their own positions- terrified of a shambles of a parlaiment full of equally self-serving, self preserving jobsworths. The interests of an enthusiastic mass of football fans is not on any agenda. Not for quite some time believe me!

The people that built the old Dean Court main stand in 1927 with second-hand hand bits from the Empire exhibition at Wembly were highly resourceful action men and gave us a ground capacity of 28,000 . Here we are in the Space age playing in the middle of 4 biscuit tins holding 11,000!

I blame the club for bullshitting us in the first place and haven't believed anything they've said since. I don't think we will get a new ground and will be delighted if I'm proved wrong. Takes a lot of the angst out of the situation as it goes.
This is interesting. How have they been bullshitting us?

This is interesting. How have they been bullshitting us?

You don't remember?

They waited as long as they possibly could to indicate what their plans about developing DC were. Speculation had naturally reached fever pitch at that stage because we were getting promoted to the top flight with the smallest ground in the competition's history and we also had thousands of people desparate for tickets.

So they say... nothing... for ages. Then they come out with some back-of-fag-packet drawings of an extended south stand and, almost reluctantly release a statement about future plans. THAT was bullshit.

Why should anyone believe anything they've said since? Of course negotiations are at a delicate stage which is why they've been quiet... delicately poised for four years? Pull the other one. Best case scenario is that they are incompetent - more likely is that they don't give a ****************.

F#ck you with your constant cynicism SDD.

It's going to be the quadruple whammy isn't it:cry:

Relegation
Eddie leaves
Max sells to a Thai chicken farmer
No new stadium

The strip will be changed to red and gold and we'll be nicknamed the flying cocks or something

Now now, I'm happy to be accused of cynicism where I'm guilty as charged but I've been in enough arguments about being positive about Howe and the team to not have that lumped on my charge list red_house.

;