Ellis Simms

No chance of him leaving Coventry just yet. He's just settled in after a shaky start and will be looking to kick-on with Coventry next season.

Hope not if you thought Billing looks half arsed wait til you see this fella, watched him while on loan at Sunlun . A few good spells but majority of time wouldn't know he was on the pitch. Maybe he's improved but there'll be much better options out there

For me he’s not really an Andoni sort of striker from what I’ve seen of him. Reminds me a little of Moore in the way he plays. Stays up the pitch mostly, holds the ball fairly well and is a bit of a tap in merchant (not saying that’s a bad thing). Unal and Dom are more fluid forwards I feel where they can drop deeper into a more creative role when needed as well as hold the ball up and be a number 9. Who knows I could be wrong Simms is fairly young I think so Iraola can always work his magic as he has done with other players this season. Could be something in it but I can’t see him leaving Coventry after one decent season

Not sure about him tbh…if he had anything about him not sure Dyche would have let him go?

Do like the fella at Middlesbrough Latte something?

No chance of him leaving Coventry just yet. He's just settled in after a shaky start and will be looking to kick-on with Coventry next season.
I know nothing about him, but if we go in for him he will want to come. PL is PL and footballers wouldn't make it if they didn't think they were good enough to get games.

Not sure about him tbh…if he had anything about him not sure Dyche would have let him go?

Do like the fella at Middlesbrough Latte something?
Sounds like the conversation I was having with my brother. I suggested Sims as a Dom replacement, he suggested Latte Lat?

From what I saw of Alistair in School for scoundrels, he'd be excellent if we needed any sh+thousery accomplishing : )

H
I know nothing about him, but if we go in for him he will want to come. PL is PL and footballers wouldn't make it if they didn't think they were good enough to get games.
He'd been at Premier League Everton since 2016 before signing for Coventry in 2023 (with various loans elsewhere), so its not like he doesn't already know what it's like. Pretty sure he's enjoying working with great coaches (Robins & Vivash) as he's come on leaps and bounds this year, but is still short of being the 'finished article'. Unless he's got a really daft agent telling him otherwise then the best thing for him right now is to stay put.

Hope not if you thought Billing looks half arsed wait til you see this fella, watched him while on loan at Sunlun . A few good spells but majority of time wouldn't know he was on the pitch. Maybe he's improved but there'll be much better options out there

You could the same about Haaland tbh!

Coventry have done well this season. That has a lot to do with their manager. He seems to be one of those who improves his players.

If AI, thinks he can improve Ellis Simms and turn him into an EPL forward, I'll trust his judgement.

The Coventry supporting fan in my workplace, doesn't think he's ready.

Remember Sinclair Armstrong, the big QPR forward, who scored against us?
A few on here said we should go for him.

38 appearances. 3 goals this year.

Signing goal scoring forwards is the toughest job. It's a shame that the pressure of staying in the EPL is so great you don't seem to be able to give younger homegrown players an opportunity.
I suppose now we can send prospects up to Scotland or to France and let them develop.

Coventry have done well this season. That has a lot to do with their manager. He seems to be one of those who improves his players.

If AI, thinks he can improve Ellis Simms and turn him into an EPL forward, I'll trust his judgement.

The Coventry supporting fan in my workplace, doesn't think he's ready.
It wouldn’t b his judgement we’d be trusting. He’s the head coach, he doesn’t recruit players.

;