Emiliano Marcondes

Whilst most of the Premier League darlings are either moaning about having to represent their country or spending weeks on end in Dubai.

We at AFCB do things differently.

Marcondes has spent 5 days in Uganda at this youth academy.

Unfortunately I don’t think the Instagram posts will embed into the thread but here are the links…

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CerER0Mjji_/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Ceq6IeXN2of/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Fair play to him wanting to back himself. I think I said somewhere else that the new system might play into his hands and open up a chance at some point, even if its only some minutes from the bench. However, brutal as it may seem, he's going to have to pretty much prove himself immediately otherwise he'll drop down the pecking order again as other players become available. It may seem unfair when others get much more time/chances to adapt but that's the nature of football when there are several in front of you in the manager's opinion.

However, if we do end up bringing in a couple more, he may be in danger of missing the cut for the 25 which would be a shame.

Good to see a player backing his ability ahead of the manager's assessment though. Sometimes it works out.

Not sure about this decision for Emi. Can’t see how he fits into a defensively set up counter attacking team like we are aiming to be this season. He’s turned down a loan move just to sit on the bench at best.

Pearson hardly featured last season and so far is playing better and playing more than Lewis Cook, Cook was one of the stand out performers of last season. Marcondez is a clever player who can get a lot of goals and assists. He's consistent. He might not show the energy/workrate of Ryan Christie but his end product is a lot better.
Sending players out on loan can be a waste of time. Kilkenny has just made one sub appearance for a struggling Stoke side.
I think we might get some offers on deadline day for a few of our players like Meps, Lowe, Marcondez and possibly Dembele.

Good for him. He is probably desperate to play in the PL after Brentford dumped him. Whether it will happen who knows, he can always move on in jan if it doesn't work out. Or of course he may fancy a permanent move instead of a loan deal.

Better this than flouncing and complaining how unfair it all is.
And in the overall scheme of things he is probably still one of the lower paid squad members so it’s not like we are risking a huge amount of money keeping him.

Lovely guy, he is unfortunately in the one position we were over stocked in, and then signed two more players in the summer which may well cook his goose. I think if Parker believed in him he wouldn’t have signed both Rothwell and Tavernier, just one of them.

Not sure about this decision for Emi. Can’t see how he fits into a defensively set up counter attacking team like we are aiming to be this season. He’s turned down a loan move just to sit on the bench at best.

Maybe he's looking for a better type of loan. He's still a false 9 option for us as well as a number 8.

Lovely guy, he is unfortunately in the one position we were over stocked in, and then signed two more players in the summer which may well cook his goose. I think if Parker believed in him he wouldn’t have signed both Rothwell and Tavernier, just one of them.

Agreed. He's always got a good chance of scoring goals for us, but needs to get on the pitch in the first place. As I said to KK, he can play as a false 9 or 8. Parker seems to like really aggressive players, though and Emi isn't that kind of player.

Maybe he's looking for a better type of loan. He's still a false 9 option for us as well as a number 8.

Yes, I I expect he knows he has little chance of featuring, but doesn;t want to say 'not interested in moving to Denmark, so I'm waiting for a Championship club to come in'.

Yes, I I expect he knows he has little chance of featuring, but doesn;t want to say 'not interested in moving to Denmark, so I'm waiting for a Championship club to come in'.

Feel for him. It's not as though he doesn't deserve a start. There are just others that fit into Parker's style of play better. If Dom and Kieffer were both injured, I'd be tempted to have Emi as a false 9. He certainly knows how to find the net.

Several clubs across Europe are interested in sealing a late move for Bournemouth midfielder Emiliano Marcondes, DorsetLive understands.

It was claimed yesterday in Denmark that FC Midtjylland were keen on the playmaker, and it is believed that was indeed the case. However, the window there has now closed, ruling out a last-gasp switch to the country.

Other teams in the same division were also eyeing him up, but any development in their pursuits will now have to be put on hold until the winter window.

DorsetLive is also led to believe that clubs in Sweden, Turkey and England have been monitoring developments around Marcondes' limited game time at Vitality Stadium.

https://www.dorset.live/sport/football/bournemouth-emiliano-marcondes-loan-interest-7531968

;