End of Season thank you to

Who cares what Eddie does against Everton.
looking forward to Forest,Fulham,Wycombe and no Var next season. With the quality of our under used youngsters we will be in the mix.
I really agree with this. Being in the PL has been an outstanding achievement. A dream for many supporters. The David in a league of Goliath's but the enjoyment factor hasn't really been that high for me.
Yes , we've had some amazing results and there are games we will talk about for many years but...the PL also highlights the absolute worst there is in this sport. Money, greed, favouritism, shocking officials and the monster that is VAR. We will also look back at how the club wasted such a huge financial situation. Not buying our stadium at worst, not building a new one at best. Not building the training complex. Instead paying huge wages on exorbitant contracts to players who will undoubtedly leave if we are relegated. Hopefully, we won't have to queue to get in, be frisked , have bags searched, get in late on cup matches, be treated like cattle by stewards who began to believe they were PL officials themselves. Let's get back to loving ourselves for what we are. A small south coast club that plays attractive football with a small but genuine hardcore support. A club where the club is bigger than a players ego. **************** the Ryan Fraser's of this world. He'll get his one day. Karma can be a real bitch. I for one will look forward to proper football where mistakes win and lose games not a TV screen. Next season AFC Bournemouth will be playing football, and that's all that matters to me.

I think I must be alone in not hating Weeman. Yes this year he's been an ****************, but he has been a good player overall for us and his goals and assists have paid his wages comfortably at £2m per place higher in the table
It's a bit like getting a divorce. You might hate your ex but then realize it wasn't all bad, the split wasn't all their fault and feeling bitter the rest of your life solves nothing

Well I will be looking forward to a new fresh season and climbing out out of this COVID,VAR ridden one! Hopefully Ake will find a top club he deserves and we will profit...The others can go with a smaller amount of gratitude Harry and Callum Wilson,King,Lerma, and some with absolute glory like Francis,Daniels,Surman and Artur.
Hope to keep the young guns Ramsdale, Danjuma,Rico,Stacey,Kelly,Brooks,Solanke and Surridge...(suspect we may lose a couple of those maybe?)
Those who will serve us well in The Championship like Steve and Lewis Cook, Smith, Gosling, and Stanislas...
Throw in a couple of sensible and solid signings and we can all be optimistic IMO

I probably would make Lewis Cook captain?

I just about liked that post until the last sentence.

On what grounds should Lewis Cook be captain?

Slowed the game down yesterday, niggly fouls, no impetus.

He might as well have had a Southampton shirt on.

I think I must be alone in not hating Weeman. Yes this year he's been an ****************, but he has been a good player overall for us and his goals and assists have paid his wages comfortably at £2m per place higher in the table
It's a bit like getting a divorce. You might hate your ex but then realize it wasn't all bad, the split wasn't all their fault and feeling bitter the rest of your life solves nothing

I don't hate the Wee Man. He was a selfish as any of us have the potential to be and prior to that was one of the players that I loved to watch.

But he betrayed us both emotionally and professionally. He went through the motions of his contract with the club and he used up the emotional capital we supporters invest in our players.

I am grateful for the great performances and do not wish Ryan Fraser any ill, but I really couldn't care less if I never his hear name again. He let us down.

Last edited:
I don't hate the Wee Man. He was a selfish as any of us have the potential to be and prior to that was one of the players that I loved to watch.

But he betrayed us both emotionally and professionally. He went through the motions of his contract with the club and he used up the emotional capital we supporters invest in our players.

I am grateful for the great performances and do not wish Ryan Fraser any ill, but I really couldn't care less if I never his hear name again. He let us down.

He did let us down and we have a right to be angry... for a while. If we're still angry after a year, we're being victims. I don't think him staying would have added much to be honest. Stan has had a chance with him being gone and has been our best player I think, arguably better than Ryan. We mustn't blame Fraser for relegation because he's not the reason... just a scapegoat if we do. The reason is as a team, we haven't worked as a unit, our defence has been poor, midfielders haven't pushed forward enough and we haven't scored enough of the few chances we've created. Also, tactics and selection have been off too often. These are just the things we know about... lots of in-house issues as well I'd imagine. So yeah, Fraser has been a selfish ... but to blame him for relegation would be flattering his ability and ego more than the situation merits. We should just become indifferent to him the way he did to us a while ago. The opposite of love isn't hate: it's indifference ....

When 'Danjuma'. came I thought Christ ...he must be good... just one name like 'Pele' or ' Messi'..or ' Elvis' ...you don't need a surname...know what I mean.....the Forum gets all the hype going.... "Ooh ooh Danjuma..we can make together " ..that type of sh*t ... then I get confused when I see another player Groenveld...on the lists...idiot me thinks they are separate players... but none of em get to play much anyway...so what was the fuss about... then when they did play a couple of games it was a damp squib affair...
If those in Yellow blow it tonight.....are we gonna see the Dutch maestro at Neverton ....
...and Surridge....if Surridge is not starting I will do a whirl like a dervish in anger this time. Wilson is now as much use as plate of pigeon pie out there on the pitch.
But Sods law says the Yellow Bus get a point v the Moonchester tonight and Wilson gets a hat-trick at Goodison in the friendly !

I want to go into a season in the Championship as optimistic as possible but I think people are perhaps underestimating the impact EH leaving would have. If we didn’t have the best beaches in the land, what exactly is the appeal to stay with or join us? I just hope that there’s some semblance of a plan in place.

Why should Fraser give a damn to our club that refused to give him a decent payrise following his great 2018/2019 season.

Billy the Kid's comparison with the Bournemouth Belle is so odious. How can anyone with any decency compare going to war to fight Hitler, with playing a football match? You have no idea that Fraser would not have taken the Belle out given the circumstances of the time.

Why should Fraser give a damn to our club that refused to give him a decent payrise following his great 2018/2019 season.

Billy the Kid's comparison with the Bournemouth Belle is so odious. How can anyone with any decency compare going to war to fight Hitler, with playing a football match? You have no idea that Fraser would not have taken the Belle out given the circumstances of the time.

he was offered a decent pay rise

BTK didn't make that comparison. He was quoting an article in "The Scotsman"

This is the last para from The Scotsman.

“Most definitely he will not have endeared himself to any club thinking of offering him a contract.”

;