Enes Unal

Who cares how good Jackson is/could be? He isn’t our player and he won’t be our player. Get over it.

If we’re talking about a players ceiling then what about Semenyo, because he was the alternative that we signed to Jackson. 7 goals from the wing in his first full PL season isn’t bad is it? And for half the price of Jackson too. I don’t think that we did too badly out of that situation.

Half the price of Jackson?

Not like you to get everything wrong, every season, is it unbelievable_coconut, Waz, King_Kieffer, or whoever you want to be this week.

Who cares how good Jackson is/could be? He isn’t our player and he won’t be our player. Get over it.

If we’re talking about a players ceiling then what about Semenyo, because he was the alternative that we signed to Jackson. 7 goals from the wing in his first full PL season isn’t bad is it? And for half the price of Jackson too. I don’t think that we did too badly out of that situation.

Fuunny enough was thinking of Semenyo when putting together my previous post.

Very similar, in some ways to Jackson. Can play on wings, and as striker, but again, wouldnt say striker is his optimum role, as not composed enough.

Semenyo has been a superb piece of business hasn't he. After last season, I felt he was too raw, not ready for PL, but he has developed really well, and has earnt his place in starting 11, made transition to PL level.

Quick, tricky, strong, suprisingly agile and direct. Has caused serious problems for seasoned PL defenders on his day this season.

Great piece of business by the club.

How would you like your Screaming Viking Richard...?

The guy is 22 and has signed for a huge club in Chelsea. The pressure will be immense, compared to Solankes duress at Bournemouth in his early days.

Think he's doing a very good job in his inaugural season is Jackson.

You can't deny it.

9 PL goals for Chelsea when he cost peanuts is an exceptional return, no two ways about it.
I mean he cost 2/3 Unals and is scoring fewer goals than a younger midfielder but sure.

The guy is 22 and has signed for a huge club in Chelsea. The pressure will be immense, compared to Solankes duress at Bournemouth in his early days.

Think he's doing a very good job in his inaugural season is Jackson.

You can't deny it.

9 PL goals for Chelsea when he cost peanuts is an exceptional return, no two ways about it.

Yes, playing for elite club, he''s firmly under the microscope and each miss homed in on, mocked, meme's created.

He's not a striker, but an excellent player and like you alluded too, will only get better and better imo.

Fuunny enough was thinking of Semenyo when putting together my previous post.

Very similar, in some ways to Jackson. Can play on wings, and as striker, but again, wouldnt say striker is his optimum role, as not composed enough.

Semenyo has been a superb piece of business hasn't he. After last season, I felt he was too raw, not ready for PL, but he has developed really well, and has earnt his place in starting 11, made transition to PL level.

Quick, tricky, strong, suprisingly agile and direct. Has caused serious problems for seasoned PL defenders on his day this season.

Great piece of business by the club.

How would you like your Screaming Viking Richard...?
If you account for the lack of game time for Semenyo by doing "per90" comparisons you get virtually identical numbers for Semenyo on the wing to Jackson up top. Not a fair comparison but his recent form leaves Jackson in the dust.

Incredible return for a quarter of the outlay.

If you account for the lack of game time for Semenyo by doing "per90" comparisons you get virtually identical numbers for Semenyo on the wing to Jackson up top. Not a fair comparison but his recent form leaves Jackson in the dust.

Incredible return for a quarter of the outlay.

Indeed mate... must admit I'm not a stats man, but interesting to know that.

Like you say, incredible return really.

Have another cocktail or two Rich... on the house mate.

Was always the case wasn't it?
Permanent if certain conditions were met, I believe. Seems like a decent option to have and the price quoted was okay. He has done well in La Liga pre-injury so I think with more game time he can do well for us. He does seem to be over his injury woes and probably just needs more minutes with us now.

Apparently will be permanent
This would be based on the assumption that Unal wants to sign for us. If Solanke stays, although highly unlikely, Unal may think twice before joining as he will always be second fiddle to Solanke. He will not want to spend next season sat on the bench.

Permanent if certain conditions were met, I believe. Seems like a decent option to have and the price quoted was okay. He has done well in La Liga pre-injury so I think with more game time he can do well for us. He does seem to be over his injury woes and probably just needs more minutes with us now.
If it was based on fitness then someone at the club has played a blinder getting him for that price.

If it was based on fitness then someone at the club has played a blinder getting him for that price.
Yes. I think that he was another one of those gambles but we did have the option to get out of this one, should his injury continue to cause problems.

By all accounts he has had no issues since his recovery from surgery, so it looks as though this one has worked out well for us.

Another Lager Top Richard ?

( sorry, I’m not very good with cocktails ! )

I read it at the time as a permanent deal in the summer so good we have that flexibility over fitness

Not sure he has had a lot of impact in short spells of play but I like the look of him. Disallowed goal at Villa but off the pace at wolves

We need backup for Dom, he's not overly expensive if the price online is believed and he looks like he can play in a few positions. Think he'll be decent.

Potentially good signing based on his history rather than anything we’ve seen. I don’t think he is a Solanke replacement either in match or permanent and it damages him looking at it like this. He is a very different player and will not put the work in that Solanke does stretching defences. Could be a good focal point for others to play off and a scorer of chances made for him though.

Apparently will be permanent
From Echo.

Q: You haven’t had many opportunities to see Enes Unal in his best position. How will you make the decision on signing him permanently?

AI: Our thinking is clear with Enes. We want to keep him for next season. I think we will keep him for next season, if everything goes normal.

I'm very happy with his attitude, how he has come back, how he helps the team, even playing 15 minutes like the other day with 10 men, he has to fight against everyone. He fights, he presses, he asks for fouls. He comes back to defend.

I think his attitude has been really good. For me, it is really difficult to play him, because I want Dom to be on the pitch and he's performing really well. But it is very good for the team to have players like Enes.

They are pushing anyone and if everyone slips a little bit, I'm sure he will be ready to play more for sure.

Potentially good signing based on his history rather than anything we’ve seen. I don’t think he is a Solanke replacement either in match or permanent and it damages him looking at it like this. He is a very different player and will not put the work in that Solanke does stretching defences. Could be a good focal point for others to play off and a scorer of chances made for him though.
Agree. He hasn't had many minutes so far and I've not been either overly or underly impressed with those he's had. Fingers crossed that it will be a good buy.

;