England cricket

Test match is interesting again…

But I’m watching the Under 19’s World Cup and there’s been an outrageous decision with the England batter given out for “obstructing the field”. He picked up a completely dead ball and passed it to the wicket keeper. Keeper appeals straight away and he’s out.

Zero common sense.

Test match is interesting again…

But I’m watching the Under 19’s World Cup and there’s been an outrageous decision with the England batter given out for “obstructing the field”. He picked up a completely dead ball and passed it to the wicket keeper. Keeper appeals straight away and he’s out.

Zero common sense.
technically out handled the ball then?

this happened in a colts game I umpired a few years ago
the bowler appealed, I told him to fcuk off and grow up

technically out handled the ball then?

this happened in a colts game I umpired a few years ago
the bowler appealed, I told him to fcuk off and grow up

Indeed, technically, as soon as it happened, you think, yep, technically that’s out.

But it’s not what the rule was written for and common sense appears to go out of the window. It’s a dead ball, the ball is still, he’s not gaining any advantage, he’s just saving the wicketkeeper the effort of bending over.

Apparently it was only the fourth time it’s ever been given out.

Indeed, technically, as soon as it happened, you think, yep, technically that’s out.

But it’s not what the rule was written for and common sense appears to go out of the window. It’s a dead ball, the ball is still, he’s not gaining any advantage, he’s just saving the wicketkeeper the effort of bending over.

Apparently it was only the fourth time it’s ever been given out.
The umpire should have said not out and confirmed the ball was dead. Mind you the batsmen won't ever do it again.

Unfortunatly Jasprit Bumrah seems to be in the mood to seam the ball well.

Gill was almost out twice on DRS early in his innings - fine margins i guess.

Interesting test match, haven’t been glued to it with it being on the wrong channel. Found a way to stream again this morning.

But only one person per innings managing to make it to a half century, is interesting with the difference being theirs make it to a century (or two) whilst ours couldn’t. Seems challenging conditions for all.

;