England Euro 2020

The ITV commentary team as usual were superb...and the pundit Roy Keane telling it As it Is...although Wrighty was God Awful !

Last edited:
Southgate isn’t a very good manager. Did well in spite of him rather than because of him. Poor subs, poor penalty takers. How we end up with 3 kids taking them and that stuttering run up sh1te from Rashford when they’ve had 4 years to try and at least have a better plan for pens, I’ll never know.
Is utterly embarrassing at this point given the money in the English game and all the talk of the potential of our players, the build up and talk before games blah blah that we still haven’t won anything in nearly 60 years. God, no more. We’re a laughing stock

Without being biased Italy did deserve to win and were the better team, we shat ourselves after the early goal and did nothing after, if we had gone at them more they did have vulnerabilties and to sum up the joke of bringing Sancho, Saka and Rashford on for pens they all miss.

Agree. We didn't play with enough belief I think. Were quite negative and that would have inspired the Italians. We weren't strong enough on the break. Just dribbled into defenders and didn't pass well enough.

Rashford and Sancho hadn't been involved enough in the tournament for such sudden pressure. Poor Saka shouldn't have been put in that position I think. Reckon Grealish would have been a better bet.

Having said that, we've come so far and until today, they were excellent. Just not quite there today...

Going back to the start of the tournament, no one (on here) thought England would win it, a few thought Italy would.

Common consensus was the best 2 teams were in the final, we took the best team in it to penalties, decided by the player of the tournament.

I'm not giving any of the England squad or management shite because they lost THE FINAL. They've taken us further than we all expected, life doesn't always follow the script you want to read.

Are we happy getting more than we expected or annoyed they didn't give us everything?

Gareth has said that people 'like' the way England play.
Well I'm buggered if I do!...and I'm buggered if many others do..its bloody boring..why can't ALL folk see this,!

Flickin' Sterling. he was doing OK in that there 'tournamint.'...until he started allowing the Press to make him their 'performance pin up boy'...inviting him to gob off like garralous galah bird!
These guys like Raheem, need to zip it ..and deliver!
Same for some Boscombe players !

Think we got there in spite of Southgate . One dm in rice is enough play 2 of grealish, mount and foden either side of him ( they all put a shift in and get back )then a forward three. You can always go
More defensive later in the game. Way to pragmatic same as last World Cup. England have some great young players and most are attacker so let’s use them.

Going back to the start of the tournament, no one (on here) thought England would win it, a few thought Italy would.

Common consensus was the best 2 teams were in the final, we took the best team in it to penalties, decided by the player of the tournament.

I'm not giving any of the England squad or management shite because they lost THE FINAL. They've taken us further than we all expected, life doesn't always follow the script you want to read.

Are we happy getting more than we expected or annoyed they didn't give us everything?

I think when you look at who’s on the bench you can’t help but think if we really went for it what could happen. Hats of to the team and they have not peaked yet IMO. Hope the media and social media does not rip them apart. Virtually all games from quarters on in big competitions are tight and could go either way as the top teams are all very close in ability

Some Boomerangles: Early Morning Doom:
Reality Shake...whatever....

The Italians have virtually always, had a more natural ability with the ball.
OK..we've had the odd gem like B.Charlton and J.Greaves.
The Italians have had blips..in 66 v North Korea...their players got pelted with rotten eggs on return to Rome.

But last night for Christ Sake, we go and boo their Anthem.
I just knew it..from that moment..we gonna 'Blow It' .
We Blew It !

And...The Hype. .why ?...Why do we do that?

The Italian passion for the game..you saw it on Mancini throughout the evening....Gareth had done well but too damn static and careful..no good in a game at that level..for that prize.

England...Aunt Sallies again !

05:50....back to sleep.

Southgate isn’t a very good manager. Did well in spite of him rather than because of him. Poor subs, poor penalty takers. How we end up with 3 kids taking them and that stuttering run up sh1te from Rashford when they’ve had 4 years to try and at least have a better plan for pens, I’ll never know.
Is utterly embarrassing at this point given the money in the English game and all the talk of the potential of our players, the build up and talk before games blah blah that we still haven’t won anything in nearly 60 years. God, no more. We’re a laughing stock

‘Southgate isn’t a very good manager’

Really, are you sure???

Heartily agree, Table.

I'm not annoyed. Just so sad! I promised myself I'd not get carried away and that I was just happy to be in the final, and here I am lying in bed, staring at the ceiling, feeling like it's the end of the world.

Excellent post.

I think Southgate’s regret will have been to have not gone for a bit more towards the end of normal time. But I can’t blame him for sticking to script.

Would it have been my script? No, I’d have been more attacking. But then, I would have been earlier in the tournament as well and most likely not made the final.

Southgate appeared to have a plan for all his opponents. Changed things continually and it got us to the final kick of a penalty shoot out in the final against the best team of the tournament.

We conceded just two goals, one in open play and that was a tap in.

That foundation gave us the chance to win most games. We didn’t take it against Scotland and we couldn’t take it against Italy.

Maybe more attacking would have got the win against Scotland, maybe it would have created more chances against Italy. But how many chances would we have conceded against them? Germany or Denmark?

As I said last night. Would I want to watch England over 46 games and a full season playing like that? No, but in tournament football over a 4 week period it provided us with our best results in my life time. It’s hard to fault that when it’s built on preparation and hard work.

Danny Baker is a bitter drunken old fool. He's hated football for at least 20 years and does nothing but whinge and moan about it. He's upset his career has hit the skids, maybe that's happened because people have finally realised he's a bit of a bellend.

;