England Euro 2020

That Baker geezer is only a Radio bod/comedian, ' social idiot raconteur' ( I made that up myself)....so why get too upset by his garullous garbage!..if he doesn't like football..it doesn't really matter what he says about it!
Basically he is just an 'Act'...a Lovey in Bovver Boots' so to speak !

Half time -
one changing room sitting there thinking only have to hold out for 45mins for cup glory ( one thought - keep it tight )
the other had roberto mancini ranting to his team about the lousy first half they had had, and to put their ******* ditos out. ( one thought - we better score )

Over 120 minutes or so we didn’t lose but drew with Italy, let’s not forget that.

But over the shots on goal and those that were on target, Italy were well ahead including overall possession.

Italy 19 shots - England 6

Italy on target 6 - England 2.

Possession Italy 65% - England 35%.

Italy the Nation.. geographically shaped like a Boot...with Sicily the Ball.
They won it on our Soil.

A positive from this could involve the evolution of a long standing rivalry between Us and Them...a friendly affinity between the fan bases...there was virtually no trouble last night...just banter and emotion....and we had to admit that they were better.
Affairs with Germany are relatively friendly now.....scores have been settled both ways...and will do so with Italy ongoing.

That Baker geezer is only a Radio bod/comedian, ' social idiot raconteur' ( I made that up myself)....so why get too upset by his garullous garbage!..if he doesn't like football..it doesn't really matter what he says about it!
A perfect description of yourself......:ROFLMAO:

well you sure seem wound up about something...

my laughably shite, clutching at straws, terrible opinions were that we had an easy route to the final

but keep chucking ignorant hyperbole at me if it makes you feel better....

lol

:rofl:

Yeah that was one of them. If I gave enough of a sh*t I'd highlight all of the other shite you came out with but I don't.

Not unlike someone nearer to home.

If it were up to me, I'd replace Southgate tomorrow with Howe, a manager who would actually use our attacking options. But I am massively biased.

Its not up to me, and it's hard to argue with a semi final and a final lost only on pens. The FA will quite understandably stick with him. And we could do worse. I just don't think he will ever get the best out of this attacking generation.

They will have more opportunities though. Young squad who will all be back next year and most of whom will be here for 10 years yet.

Not reading too much into what Gareth Southgate said about staying for the next World Cup and not thinking about a new contract yet as he wants a break.

But if after the next World Cup he thinks he has done all he can and feels it’s time for someone else to take the job on, then maybe sooner rather than later he could take someone like Eddie on board ready to take over, Eddie is around 7 years younger.

But if that was the case there could be other coaches in the running as well.

I pleased Gareth wants to stay in charge...he needs to keep the ball rolling now.. too late for change for this Qatar fiasco.
After that..well let's see how he does.
I certainly don't think Eddie is the right man at this juncture..unless he can get a couple of years at a biggish club first.

Second best team in Europe, which equates to second best team in the world. Italy and their coach are no mugs but somehow couldn't beat us in the 120 mins, and only managing to score from a bit of an ugly set piece which we should have done better with.

It's easy in hindsight to say what Gareth should have done, but it's hard to argue that we got to the final, remained unbeated in the tournament, conceding twice and losing on the lottery that is penalties.

I pleased Gareth wants to stay in charge...he needs to keep the ball rolling now.. too late for change for this Qatar fiasco.
After that..well let's see how he does.
I certainly don't think Eddie is the right man at this juncture..unless he can get a couple of years at a biggish club first.

He was in charge of Middlesbrough in the Premier League for less time than Eddie was for us.

The England job is different from being in charge of a football club day in day out.

Eddie has the correct CV as far as the FA are concerned, good at handling the media, clean image etc.

;