European Super League

I don't even know where to start with this. It's off the scale disingenuous.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-elite-killing-football-nonsense-tebas-parish

Maybe let's talk about clubs like us being excluded from the ECA? Or, if we did get in, we wouldn't have a vote on the board? The smaller members have very little power there.

Or, closer to home for me, the way he selectively chose certain clubs like HJK and compared their revenue to that of a PL team?

The complaint is that European money is making the leagues in uncompetitive for other teams in their national league. So, rather than compare the European football boosted £13m budget of HJK to a PL team, how about we compare it to, say, Vaasan Palloseura who have a budget of 10-20% of HJK.

What an absolute tool.

Let them bugger off and form their own morally bankrupt league where Real Madrid and Barcelona can play each other every fortnight along with the clubs from Saudi Arabia who will soon be allowed to join. They can take the 'giants' of English football that have little chance of winning anything too, sorry, I mean Man U, Chelsea, Leeds and Forest.

Let them bugger off and form their own morally bankrupt league where Real Madrid and Barcelona can play each other every fortnight along with the clubs from Saudi Arabia who will soon be allowed to join. They can take the 'giants' of English football that have little chance of winning anything too, sorry, I mean Man U, Chelsea, Leeds and Forest.
People keep saying this, but I don’t think that’s how it will work. They will still play in the Premier League.

THE TINPOT SUPERFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP LEGGERE

I can see it now.

Us, Gillingham, Luton, Bristol City and Yeovil.

It's gunna be mahoosive, and if the football ain't great the fights might be.

Don't forget Reading and Dorchester/Weymouth.

Tbh bit of disruption ie 'elite' going their own way... wouldn't be end of the world imo.

Back in 90's/2000's would have been worried about it spoiling the game and been for trying to keep them and current structure at all costs, but football has/is turning into a monster, and now I think f*** em, would be totally non-plexed by it, even leaning towards in favour of them leaving.

Close the door on your way out please. Actually don't trouble yourself, just leave, if you'd be so kind. Thank you.

Yes but they seem frightened of challenging them on anything
TV Deal will certainly be less hence they wont challenge them I guess. But each time its up for renewal, its gears more to the top clubs(league position, number of live games etc) and them remaining richer, keeping the tinpot clubs in their place.
So it may well upset the current mindset, but things would reset, and we'd carry on

Surely the English clubs won’t want to risk upsetting their fans again but guess it depends how much they put money ahead of the supporters?

TV Deal will certainly be less hence they wont challenge them I guess. But each time its up for renewal, its gears more to the top clubs(league position, number of live games etc) and them remaining richer, keeping the tinpot clubs in their place.
So it may well upset the current mindset, but things would reset, and we'd carry on
Super League owners A22 want 64 teams divided into 3 leagues,
A streaming platform kaldet Unify, that A22 will produce will show all games for free.

Rule Britannia : Whatever happens...non - league and amateur football generally ...is there for you...jumpers for goalposts at Whitecliff and the like... or kick a pigs bladder acoss the meadows from Wareham to Corfe.....
.... jahhhh you'd fookin love it !

Sod the 'top 6' sh*t' . a twattin' Europe SL can the f√ck av' em'....!
Have a cockin' rockin' British League ...with the likes of Partick Thistle, Tonypandy FC, Ballymena Utd, Sark FC ( the Mad Lions) , Ramsey FC (IoM)...real people, real football.... And also get the middle - classes the f√ck out of it and back to ...'rugga' ...
....jaaaaaahhhh !

Last edited:
Super League owners A22 want 64 teams divided into 3 leagues,
A streaming platform kaldet Unify, that A22 will produce will show all games for free.
The more you look at this the worse it gets. At first sight it’s a lot more football for players already complaining of potential burnout with their current league and cup fixtures. It assumes a lot of teams will want to join, which I guess its viability depends on too. And who’s going to choose which teams start in the top ”Star” league? You can bet the usual suspects will have a free pass. If it’s supposed to be a direct alternative to the Champions League, which it sort of looks like, then it looks more onerous year on year and doesn’t reflect how good any club is domestically when it starts. The Glazers and the Boehlys might therefore love it, but most fans will still hate it, and with the current strengths of the EPL I can’t see it touching the English game. You can see why Real Madrid and Barcelona want it though- theyll always need the cash.

FIFA & UEFA running money making cartels.
The cartel is being challenged.

Look at FIFA 32 club world club cup next year, elite clubs becoming richer. And they complain that someone else wants to set up a money making scheme involving x number of clubs.

I think you can dislike FIFA and A22.

FIFA & UEFA running money making cartels.
The cartel is being challenged.

Look at FIFA 32 club world club cup next year, elite clubs becoming richer. And they complain that someone else wants to set up a money making scheme involving x number of clubs.

I think you can dislike FIFA and A22.
You mean in 2025, not next year.

;