Everton v AFC Bournemouth - Sunday 2.15 pm

Once again we lose a game because our defenders can't concentrate for a full 90 minutes. As good as Ake, Cook, Smith, Begovic and Daniels are in moments all are prone to switching off at crucial moments throughout games and it proves costly for us time and time again. Ake will receive praise for the clearance off the line but how on earth was Richarlison given so much space in the first place? How was Zouma afforded so much space for the first goal? I'm afraid it boils down to our defenders just not being quite good enough consistently throughout the 90 minutes. I really feel that what this team needs is a Craig Dawson type player, a real solid leader back there who won't switch off at vital moments, a player who actually enjoys the defensive side of the game. With this current defensive unit we'll always be looking nervously over our shoulders.
Would help if we had a keeper that came up with a save once in awhile too

Very tough for AFCB still....absolutely not getting the small margins going our way. Played pretty well overall today, especially for an away game. Possible early penalty? Brooks hitting the post. Missing Callum Wilson for sure today. Everton came into it, they really should be doing so much better with the players they have.
Second half, referee annoyed both sets of fans with some decisions. How Gomes stayed on after his yellow was barmy, at least three more yellows not given. Very lucky to drag Lerma down in the box on the officials blind side and not give a penalty away too.
Avoidable first goal as well, great header though. Several scrambles at the end, Pickford and great defending to block things, as I say, fortune is with you and something falls into place.

This is true. It feels like every shot on target an opposition team has had against us in the last 5-6 games has ended up in the back of the net.
I think Begovic could have done better with some shots but the truth is we concede too many easy chances. So many of the goals we’ve let in recently have basically been tap ins. A consequence of having a style of play which is to open for the ability of our defensive players.

If he does make the West Ham game he will not be up to his usual sharpness and so, will be ineffective.

I respectfully ask you to think!

If he makes West Ham he would have been deemed fit enough to play despite your about nonsense about heavy pitches. He would have been absent for 17 days. You don't lose your sharpness in 17 days.

I think Begovic could have done better with some shots but the truth is we concede too many easy chances. So many of the goals we’ve let in recently have basically been tap ins. A consequence of having a style of play which is to open for the ability of our defensive players.
I think you've hit the nail on the head with that last sentence. We could do with going back to basics and tightening up short term at least to re discover a bit of confidence.

I prefer to educate him in the finer ways of supporting this club thanks (y).
It would be fine it that worked. I think he has been cut some slack lately and there appeared to be an improvement in his approach. But, comments like "we would never get back in the game in the game when down 0-1" and "against Chelsea is a write-off" are going to get everyone's back up. Don't know if this is done on purpose or if he just can't help himself.

We will be ok, West Ham next, if it’s like last season we are in for a cracker.

Smith back today, earlier than expected, another plus.

Clyne looking good as he gets back to match fitness, he will get better.

We looked good first half, pity Brooks shot didn’t go in, we deserved to be in the lead.

Solanke to come in next month.

Wilson missing today.

If the referee had done his job, Everton would have been down to 10 men, the ref didn’t let him off once, but several times.

We have had these moments before when we have had bad runs.

Our manager is still getting praise and suggestions that other clubs should come in for him.

All about opinions, but we will be in the Premier League next season and we will get the rub of the green soon.

Unfortunately, what I have stated is true. The bottom three are edging closer to us and as well you know it, until such times as we start to pull our finger out, this trend of losing matches will continue. With our current lack of fire power, can you honestly see us beating West Ham. I can't and the following home game against Chelsea is a write off anyway. By which time we could be only five points from the bottom three.
OK, show me the math. I'll give you that Fulham and Hudds are cut adrift for this exercise. So show me how Newcastle, Cardiff, Soton and Burnley can all get to at least 22 points by the end of January.

Remember - if you and your buddies are being chased by a bear, you don't have to run faster than the bear... just faster than one of your buddies.

It would be fine it that worked. I think he has been cut some slack lately and there appeared to be an improvement in his approach. But, comments like "we would never get back in the game in the game when down 0-1" and "against Chelsea is a write-off" are going to get everyone's back up. Don't know if this is done on purpose or if he just can't help himself.
He is an impostor, who also enjoys winding his own teams supporters up, apparently he now has a son. Minty had no family.

It is highly unlikely that we will hammer West Ham. The best we can hope for is a draw as we have no fire power. The following game against Chelsea is a write off anyway. The bottom three seem to be edging ever closer to us. I wonder why.

1. Huddersfield and Fulham....not really!
2.What about the clubs between us and them?

Thing is we have Smith back...Clyne a top loan signing...Lerma learning quick....Brooks and Fraser still causing PL defences problems...Wilson and Solanke to be fit before the season finishes....so plenty of positives..I refuse to think that we drawn into a relegation scrap!
At the end of the campaign Eddie and Jason will need to regroup and take a view on how we address our lapses in defending?

It won't actually matter who goes down....whether it be Cardiff, Fulham, Soton, Hudds. Or Us.........relegation is there for a purpose, to enable weaker teams that struggle to win games...to have an easier time in a lower standard...likewise the better teams below to rise up and test their skill against the best! There is no Death or such Misfortune as to warrant Gloom and Dispondency typed onto on an electrically powered communication device! There are kids starving and without water in African States!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we only had 2 wins and 7 drawn games from the last 15. ..that gives 40 points...more than enough this season! That allows for 6 defeats with only 5 more games against top six, 3 of those at home! With the players we have i'd say it's almost impossible to get caught in the relegation scrap!

;