Everton v AFC Bournemouth

Haven't read all the thread but immediate thoughts are...... that was painful to watch. I see talented individuals but no team. Organised chaos? It's just chaotic, descending into shambolic.

Start of the season, hoorah we're attacking again, even if it looks a bit ragged. We'll improve.
There were signs it was happening.
But after Brighton equalised, the air's gone out the souffle.
Before Andoni's tactic became embedded in the team, it's been analysed, dissected and rendered obsolete. He's got a mountain to climb and I don't think Andoball is going to get him there.

As for our fans, they put a lot of effort in, spend a lot of money, commit a lot of time. Today their irony and sarcasm was justified, in my opinion. We know the quality our players possess and for whatever reason it wasn't there today.

I'll add that I'm normally a happy clapper, get behind the team, support the manager type of guy but that was worrying today. Get it off my chest, draw a line under it and move on. No amount of finger pointing and blame laying can improve the result or performance.

Well here we go workmates, another day at the fun factory. It's going to be a tough match, Everton will be thinking it's a match they can win, just as much as we do. Next 3 matches are a good indicator of how much Andoni can get his message across.
Just a good indicator, not the end of the world : )

Going there to enjoy a a day out with fellow Cherries, only effect on the game it's self is full throated support : )
Even now Table- actually especially now- well said!

Haven't read all the thread but immediate thoughts are...... that was painful to watch. I see talented individuals but no team. Organised chaos? It's just chaotic, descending into shambolic.

Start of the season, hoorah we're attacking again, even if it looks a bit ragged. We'll improve.
Before Andoni's tactic became embedded in the team, it's been analysed, dissected and rendered obsolete. He's got a mountain to climb and I don't think Andoball is going to get him there.

As for our fans, they put a lot of effort in, spend a lot of money, commit a lot of time. Today their irony and sarcasm was justified, in my opinion. We know the quality our players possess and for whatever reason it wasn't there today.

I'll add that I'm normally a happy clapper, get behind the team, support the manager type of guy but that was worrying today. Get it off my chest, draw a line under it and move on. No amount of finger pointing and blame laying can improve the result or performance.

When the level headed posters like Table are making these kind of posts, you tend to think all the noise perhaps has some merit.

I was out all day so all I know about it, is from what's in the match thread.

Sadly not going tomorrow now as we are saying goodbye to one of our lovely dogs after 10 years and I’m just not in the mood.
Late response but sorry to read this Rob. We know exactly how you're feeling and all the best to you and your family. We had to say goodbye to our last one only a couple of months ago, always really upsetting. No doubt the remaining one (ones?) will now get extra spoiled

Agree with all of that.

Playing across the back is almost suicidal.
The “Lerma” hole is killing us.
Neto looks a bit shaky at present.
Tav was good, in parts
I thought both Sinisterra and Moore looked good when they came on.
Other than that it was very worrying.

Playing devils advocate here, but which of our players do we know have 'quality' compared to say Everton who I would have had in the bottom 3 at the start of the season.

Everton outshone us.

It started with Pickford coming out of his area to pick up any long balls played down the wings.

That thwarted us from the get go.

Arsenal dropped Ramsdale because Raya is an improvement. Raya comes out of his box and can pass the ball to teammates anywhere on the field. It's like having an extra outfield player.

Neto looks lost, and the playing out from the back isn't working.

If he does go long it's pumped up to Solanke or Outtara, with little around them to drive forward if they do win the ball.

Foley needs to spend another 120 million on 6 players who will improve the squad, whilst getting rid of those who don't.

An almost impossible task, given Hughes is still the one chucking darts at the dartboard.

Playing devils advocate here, but which of our players do we know have 'quality' compared to say Everton who I would have had in the bottom 3 at the start of the season.

Everton outshone us.

It started with Pickford coming out of his area to pick up any long balls played down the wings.

That thwarted us from the get go.

Arsenal dropped Ramsdale because Raya is an improvement. Raya comes out of his box and can pass the ball to teammates anywhere on the field. It's like having an extra outfield player.

Neto looks lost, and the playing out from the back isn't working.

If he does go long it's pumped up to Solanke or Outtara, with little around them to drive forward if they do win the ball.

Foley needs to spend another 120 million on 6 players who will improve the squad, whilst getting rid of those who don't.

An almost impossible task, given Hughes is still the one chucking darts at the dartboard.
Fulham , Wolves and Luton came here and got 3 points … we didn’t lay a glove

When the level headed posters like Table are making these kind of posts, you tend to think all the noise perhaps has some merit.

I was out all day so all I know about it, is from what's in the match thread.
Lucky ****************************.

Unfortunately you were completely wrong...Everton didn't sit back after taking the lead.......never mind keep trying Minty.
I was not completely wrong at all. I was absolutely right. I stated that if Everton take the lead it would be game over and I was completely and utterly correct.

Never mind, keep your head firmly inserted up you digestive departure lounge.

Reddeano.....are you an Everton fan?

Just a bit confused as we haven't played Luton for ages.
I’m a Bournemouth fan, who travelled to Goodison today to watch my team, and I go to every single away game. So I’m not an Everton fan. But, even the most basic and simplest of football fans know that Luton went to Goodison (that’s the name of Everton’s ground by the way and that’s where we played today, I was there and you wasn’t) Luton went there last weekend and won Vs Everton? Obviously you don’t know this but if you use the internet properly as you clearly don’t go to games you can fact check this. There’s a website called Google, and if you type in Everton Vs Luton into it using a bit of technology called a keyboard, and hopefully god willing you have a computer that your keyboard is plugged into you will see that last week Luton beat Everton.

I was not completely wrong at all. I was absolutely right. I stated that if Everton take the lead it would be game over and I was completely and utterly correct.

Never mind, keep your head firmly inserted up you digestive departure lounge.
Completely wrong I'm afraid Minty......it's not a problem.....hardly the first time is it?

I’m a Bournemouth fan, who travelled to Goodison today to watch my team, and I go to every single away game. So I’m not an Everton fan. But, even the most basic and simplest of football fans know that Luton went to Goodison (that’s the name of Everton’s ground by the way and that’s where we played today, I was there and you wasn’t) Luton went there last weekend and won Vs Everton? Obviously you don’t know this but if you use the internet properly as you clearly don’t go to games you can fact check this. There’s a website called Google, and if you type in Everton Vs Luton into it using a bit of technology called a keyboard, and hopefully god willing you have a computer that your keyboard is plugged into you will see that last week Luton beat Everton.
Sorry, when you said 'here' it's normally a reference to a home ground, not an away one.

I do apologise for my error.

You're not still sat in the stands are you... we won't score even if you sit there till Monday morning.

;