Everton v AFC Bournemouth

The chatter around the place was that Aarons had a hamstring tweak. No idea if accurate.

Cherry tinted vision here and always hard to know with Smith and free kicks, but I thought it looked a foul. Although too early in the move to pull back by VAR in any review?

There were several of these types of fouls occurring and the ref was pretty inconsistent in which ones he gave and which he let go. It is typical of being Bournemouth away in the PL that the inconsistency should skew the way of against us.

I was annoyed that Neto got booked for asking the question of the ref and pointing this out. What did the ref expect., it was a consequence of his own inconsistency.

We'll have to see if we hear more about it, but I'm fearful the phase was reset when Kerkez made an excellent block. (I'm thinking back to West Ham's volleyball goal). If that is the case, and so it was a different phase, then the law is dreadful.

Randomly at my son's football yesterday a blades fan said 'was it your third goal when it was a clear foul?' - so I'd take that view from a neutral that it was a foul.

Re Aarons, if he did have hamstring issues then bringing him on for 10 minutes in a game that had long gone would be incredibly remiss, so I'm hoping it was a tactical benching.

Anyone noticing how since this losing run no players are coming forward for post-match interviews on the official AFCB site anymore? Think that indicates that there's a real lack of character and fight in this side. All we have is that slightly embarrassing moaning Smith interview to Solent from this weekend.

Remember Aké always fronting up when we lost, I see no such characters in this side at the moment. Not what we need for a potentially very tough season.

Last season against the teams we have played so far.
Zero points.
Three goals scored. twenty six. Conceded.
So taking that into account we are doing ok, through my rose coloured specs’ anyway.

The last three games have been worse results than the same fixtures last season and increasingly so.

Last season against the teams we have played so far.
Zero points.
Three goals scored. twenty six. Conceded.
So taking that into account we are doing ok, through my rose coloured specs’ anyway.
We can't continue to look at things like this unfortunately. Are we really expecting to beat Liverpool at home this season, or Spurs away?

The performance on Saturday was appalling.

We can't continue to look at things like this unfortunately. Are we really expecting to beat Liverpool at home this season, or Spurs away?

The performance on Saturday was appalling.
Just trying to brighten up the day.
Someone’s got to counteract the depression, although in reality i am as well.
Better than posting constant gloom like Hinton does.

I can't get my head around why our players are playing as badly as they are. They are better than what we are seeing. It just seems like they are going through the motions, punch drunk and like rabbits in the headlights.

To me they seem to be knackered and have had their energy sucked out of them.

I have heard that Iraola has them training at the time of the next game in the run up to that game. Could it be that this is alien to what our players are used to and they are just worn out before we actually play the next game or is it that our players can't cope with his training regimes?

The ones prior were better. Three games is a very small sample size if you're extrapolating a decline.

Let's hope so. I'm hoping this is the period we all look back on and say how badly it all started before it finally clicked into gear. I'm never convinced by the argument that if you aren't winning on the pitch that necessarily means that everything about the club is terrible. This manager clearly isn't a complete dud and neither are the players.

I can't get my head around why our players are playing as badly as they are. They are better than what we are seeing. It just seems like they are going through the motions, punch drunk and like rabbits in the headlights.

To me they seem to be knackered and have had their energy sucked out of them.

I have heard that Iraola has them training at the time of the next game in the run up to that game. Could it be that this is alien to what our players are used to and they are just worn out before we actually play the next game or is it that our players can't cope with his training regimes?

Hadn’t heard that, but I think I remember Fletch saying at the Junior Cherries open training session that the players now have two training sessions a day (whether that’s all the time or not I don’t know).

Whether that’s two short ones and so physically they’re not doing any more then before or whether overall they’re doing more I don’t know. But he’s obviously got his own stamp on things. But whilst I’m sure that’s unusual to any English players or players who have been with us a long time, my guess would be the other players with experience across Europe would be used to different ideas and methods.

Hadn’t heard that, but I think I remember Fletch saying at the Junior Cherries open training session that the players now have two training sessions a day (whether that’s all the time or not I don’t know).

Whether that’s two short ones and so physically they’re not doing any more then before or whether overall they’re doing more I don’t know. But he’s obviously got his own stamp on things. But whilst I’m sure that’s unusual to any English players or players who have been with us a long time, my guess would be the other players with experience across Europe would be used to different ideas and methods.
I thought Fletch said it was training twice but only on one day, which was the JC open day (Tuesday??? I was on hols so can’t remember)

I can confirm it was said.

;