Everton v AFC Bournemouth

Thank goodness someone has the balls to say it - Reality, Top Farrier, Neil Dawson etcetera cannot wait to down all and sundry.
I really do wonder the sad lives these folk live? Taking every opportunity to down individuals and giving nothing positive. Arguably the smallest club along with Luton are fighting for their lives to stay in the top league ahead of far far bigger clubs(Leeds, Leicester, Sunderland) but they spawn continual negativity. Pathetic.
What's actually f^cking pathetic is the lack of passion and fight in this current squad .

Several of this ‘f——-g pathetic’ squad achieved survival last season with a bit to spare you old cherry prat. It’s the multi million dollar sigings(fit or otherwise) who have been lacking passion.
Old Prat or not ....I'm the boy that hits the raw nerves on here ! . and that will get more relentless in the Evolution of the Forum...so brace up and be prepared Mr Magic !

However you are right to point that out about some of the squad...and about the new signings.

I may say it until I'm blue in the face but we have to end the Christie and Billing midfield experiment. Its no shock we looked slightly more balanced with Rothwell. Admittedly it was only baby steps of improvement, its certainly no fix all.

I may say it until I'm blue in the face but we have to end the Christie and Billing midfield experiment. Its no shock we looked slightly more balanced with Rothwell. Admittedly it was only baby steps of improvement, its certainly no fix all.
‘Slightly more balanced’? We were pumped second half. Rothwell initially looked busy but no ‘real’ upgrade at all. Far far bigger problems with the wide players contributing little going forward and no defensive cover.
Did you watch the 20 plus EPL matches last season when Billing and Christie both played from the start and did very well?

‘Slightly more balanced’? We were pumped second half. Rothwell initially looked busy but no ‘real’ upgrade at all. Far far bigger problems with the wide players contributing little going forward and no defensive cover.
Did you watch the 20 plus EPL matches last season when Billing and Christie both played from the start and did very well?
In different positions, yes I did. More than happy to have them both playing if used in different positions.

Agree regards wide players, that's another massive issue. At least there we have a hundred combinations of players for AI to try. Christie would even help there re. defensive cover.

As you ask, I left the Freight Rover game at Yeovil early back in the 90's. SOD put out a team that were clearly told that he wasn't interested in the competition and they obliged by not bothering to compete for the 80 minutes I endured.

The freight rovers trophy, I remember it well.

Sounds so tinpotly fantastic.

Not much joy today!

Neto 4 must be more confident to catch the ball and not limply punch it away, distribution poor too
Smith 4 poor and slow got turned for the last goal
Zarbarnyi 3 Absolutely hopeless today gifted them the first and nearly a couple more later in the game
Senesi 4 marginally better than his CB partner but his tackling was abject
Kerkez 3 defensively lightweight and too easily beaten most times, not much going forward either
Tavernier 5 some flashes of flair but final ball inconsistent
Cook 7 our best player on the day
Christie 5 battled but largely ineffective
Phillip 5 okay at times but looked a frustrated figure with what was going on around him
Dango 3 withdrawn quite rightly a shadow of the player I thought he would be lately
Solanke 5 usual battling but not much change out of the Everton defence

Subs
Moore 6 had a few efforts on goal and show aggression in the box our only player to do so
Brooks 4 could not impose himself in the time he had on the pitch
Sinisterra 5 showed some attacking flair and tracking back but final ball not the best
Aarons not enough time to mark!
Rothwell 4 hardly got a foot on the ball and easily overrun in midfield

Ref 4.5 below average day for Mr Coote (think I got his name right?)

We look like a mess atm and only a win will save the knives from being sharpened for Andoni….although our recruitment duo of Hughes and Blake are failing the club!

How do you give Cook the MOM.

His position is one of the most crucial in every match we play since Lerma departed.

He doesn't win headers, doesn't have pace, can't break with the ball.

Surman couldn't do either of those things, but he was the last line of defense between the back 3 or 4 and the front 2, or 1.

Sunman had the composure to be able to play with his back to goal and spread it out calmly, to build an attack.

I used to criticise Surman, but now I see how his composure is everything we need right now.

It's not about all out attack, but under Andoni, Cook is just a ditherer on the ball.

Doesn't link defense to attack whatsoever. Slow of thought, and his dead ball set pieces are terrible.

That's why Tyler Adam's was so highly regarded.....he may well have been able to change the impetus from defence to attack.

If you look at the spine of the team, it hasn't been upgraded for years.

Not with any improvements anyway.

Dyche won the game before it started.

Our weaknesses are clearly evident, as is our rock and roll gameplan.

It isn't working.

It's a shambles top to bottom sprinkled with a bit of misfortune.

Our obvious weaknesses going in to this season were full back, defensive midfield and striking options to cover for Dom.

2 of these 3 we failed to try to address until far too late in the window and one we didn't address at all. Signing Adams was a punt, but we didn't have the luxury of waiting on an injured player. We should've at the very least signed another DM to start the season. We left ourselves completely exposed regardless of the further setback for Adams. And if Dom gets injured we are entirely screwed with no proper cover. We tried to offload Moore to swap for Daka but failed on the last day of the window.

The selection is bizarre. I honestly cannot think of any possible reason Dango is starting over Brooks, Semenyo or even Anthony who we let go for a seemingly completed disinterested Sinisterra. We are playing Billing in a place that suits none of his strengths.

The form of Senesi and Neto seems to have dropped off a cliff but our formation and system leaves the defence horribly exposed and Cook isn't the guy to protect them.

We need to give AI time to try to implement something or there was no point hiring him. At the moment there's a lack of discernable style but these things sometimes click suddenly. Biggest worry for me though is the body language of the team as it's starting to look a bit reminiscent of the last relegation season with finger pointing and slumped shoulders. AI needs to motivate this lot and they need to stop feeling sorry for themselves.

And please, for the love of god, someone needs to sort out our set pieces. It's beyond embarrassing. We should have a clear out of the coaching team if they can't at least manage this.

Our obvious weaknesses going in to this season were full back, defensive midfield and striking options to cover for Dom.

2 of these 3 we failed to try to address until far too late in the window and one we didn't address at all. Signing Adams was a punt, but we didn't have the luxury of waiting on an injured player. We should've at the very least signed another DM to start the season. We left ourselves completely exposed regardless of the further setback for Adams. And if Dom gets injured we are entirely screwed with no proper cover. We tried to offload Moore to swap for Daka but failed on the last day of the window.

The selection is bizarre. I honestly cannot think of any possible reason Dango is starting over Brooks, Semenyo or even Anthony who we let go for a seemingly completed disinterested Sinisterra. We are playing Billing in a place that suits none of his strengths.

The form of Senesi and Neto seems to have dropped off a cliff but our formation and system leaves the defence horribly exposed and Cook isn't the guy to protect them.

We need to give AI time to try to implement something or there was no point hiring him. At the moment there's a lack of discernable style but these things sometimes click suddenly. Biggest worry for me though is the body language of the team as it's starting to look a bit reminiscent of the last relegation season with finger pointing and slumped shoulders. AI needs to motivate this lot and they need to stop feeling sorry for themselves.

And please, for the love of god, someone needs to sort out our set pieces. It's beyond embarrassing. We should have a clear out of the coaching team if they can't at least manage this.
:agree: The body language really bothers me too. The boys looked really fragile pretty quickly in the Arsenal game last week, and after conceding the first one yesterday they fell apart again. We’ve now got two weeks before two games which we really should be able to win, but I really fear for us if the mentality doesn’t change.

His position is one of the most crucial in every match we play since Lerma departed.

Surman couldn't do either of those things, but he was the last line of defense between the back 3 or 4 and the front 2, or 1.

Sunman had the composure to be able to play with his back to goal and spread it out calmly, to build an attack.

I used to criticise Surman, but now I see how his composure is everything we need right now.

It's not about all out attack, but under Andoni, Cook is just a ditherer on the ball.

Doesn't link defense to attack whatsoever. Slow of thought, and his dead ball set pieces are terrible.

That's why Tyler Adam's was so highly regarded.....he may well have been able to change the impetus from defence to attack.

It isn't working.
100% re

It isn't working.
100% re surman. He had composure and vision. A safe pair of feet.
Cook has lost whatever he had. Like watching an excellent sitcom with all the jokes removed.

Excellent post this

;